Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

List your Tavern game ideas!

RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I would like to see darts! The usual poker table with AoC cards and ...

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    An Ashes-Themed Gwent game would be amazing. For anyone who doesn't know what Gwent is, I feel sorry for you that you never played The Witcher 3.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • quagenquagen Member
    edited August 2020
    Pidro
  • Some form of poker, dice game (like Yahtzee) and dominoes... with a creative AoC twist of course. :smiley:

giphy.gif
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited August 2020
    Awari (variation on Mancala). I played it in Quest for Glory 3 endlessly.

How about a horse racing type game using some small weird animals so it could be in the corner of the tavern?

Would also be fun if IS came up with a completely unique game.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • The dice game from Pirates of the Caribbean, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Pazaak from KotOR
  • InixiaInixia Member
    edited August 2020
    I think it'd be cool if the different races have different tavern games (and spaces to match), like... for the orcs they'd probably have something a bit rowdier like throwing axes to a target, or tug-of-war/arm wrestling.
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Small arena that has automatic battles taking place between random monsters that we can bet on. I think they had this in a dragon quest game but I honestly can't remember. It was pretty fun but may be hard to organize to prevent cheesing.
  • LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Asura wrote: »
    The dice game from Pirates of the Caribbean, Poker (Texas Hold'em), Pazaak from KotOR

Liar's Dice (PofC) is a fantastic game and I'd love to see that put in. I've been playing Kingdom Come lately as well and think that Farkle could be a fun game to include.
  • RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Inixia wrote: »
    I think it'd be cool if the different races have different tavern games (and spaces to match), like... for the orcs they'd probably have something a bit rowdier like throwing axes to a target, or tug-of-war/arm wrestling.

Awesome ideas! @StevenSharif
  • KHRONUS wrote: »
    Small arena that has automatic battles taking place between random monsters that we can bet on. I think they had this in a dragon quest game but I honestly can't remember. It was pretty fun but may be hard to organize to prevent cheesing.

I just had a TERRIBLE idea.......what if you could capture various animals from around the world (they would have to be smallish and you would have to experiment to discover if they could be trainable or not) and you trained them up to be pit against others (kinda like Pokemon). They could also double as a vanity pet outside of the arena but would do nothing else so you couldn't have them as an attack pet.

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • uaouao Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Id like to see ludo and other simple board games.
  • I 2nd the farkle idea! Its very simple and pretty fun.
  • How about Jenga. When it falls over it explodes. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • An Ashes-Themed Gwent game would be amazing. For anyone who doesn't know what Gwent is, I feel sorry for you that you never played The Witcher 3.

I agree, a table top card card game would be awesome. Having rare cards be loot drops and exclusive ones crafted by scribes.
  • KHRONUS wrote: »

A battle pet minigame would be cool. Animal husbandry could breed pets, and tamers could tame them. Loot drops also.
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »
    KHRONUS wrote: »

I just had a TERRIBLE idea.......what if you could capture various animals from around the world (they would have to be smallish and you would have to experiment to discover if they could be trainable or not) and you trained them up to be pit against others (kinda like Pokemon). They could also double as a vanity pet outside of the arena but would do nothing else so you couldn't have them as an attack pet.

Those two ideas combined sound like fun to be honest.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • I kinda wanna stay away from any pet/Pokemon battles and kinda stick with the traditional games like... card games (poker), dice games, darts, etc.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • consultantconsultant Member
    edited September 2020
    Was thinking about having portable game tables that could be used for games. Most likely to be used just outside tavern but could be something to be put in someones Housing unit. Matter of fact if you had enough games that could be the theme of your housing. That way you could invite friends over for a few games of darts or whatever games they put in game. Baord games are lots of fun but have not been so popular since online gaming exploded. But mini games could actually be really popular.

One game mechanic I would like to mention is if part of the game included rolling dice and your toon acutally had a dice cup and shook it around a little bit then rolled their dice that would be pretty immersive.

Pool Tables and pinball machines could work. There are actually lots real games that have come out over the years that could be put in a tavern. Pinball and Pool have been around since the days of the Atari 2600 hundred. Not sure how expensive this might be or how it would affect the game engine.

Also be cool if there were leader boards for such games as applicalble.
  • IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    poker texas holdem
    Izil.png
  • A version of Dejarik (Star Wars chess game) with AOC monsters would be cool.
  • Drinking contest between 2 or more players; Darts; Reversi; Connect Four; a form of Billiard
  • Chess!

But as an added bonus, the playing pieces and the board are determined by the progression, theme and race architecture of the respective node of the tavern you're playing inside.

For example; if you're inside a tavern in a military-orc metropolis then the pieces are made from iron and resemble orc warriors clad in armor brandishing weapons and board is painted on a broken shield!

But if you're in, say, a humble elven town, the pieces are craved from wood and just closely resemble modest elven hunters and mages with the board being just a simple cloth mat.
    ezgif-3-b7b5eae89b.gif
  • RednutsRednuts Member
    edited August 2020
    I would love to see a few different types of games like those listed below (Darts, Cards, Dice etc). It would also be good to make sure a tavern cant have every single type of game. i think it would be awesome for tavern owners to build the required table/activity but have maybe 2 slots limited to games for each tavern to encourage people to travel to different taverns to play different games. Agree that a qwent type card game with cards being obtained and tradable through normal play would be awesome.
  • Ax throwing > darts.
  • Poker is a must , Tiddlywinks ( the old French version ) , Chess ofcourse
  • nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    An Ashes-Themed Gwent game would be amazing. For anyone who doesn't know what Gwent is, I feel sorry for you that you never played The Witcher 3.

Be nice, but that would be a lot of extra work for the team. Maybe as an expansion idea down the line.

For now I think we might have to be limited to cards.
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    edited August 2020
    Hnefatafl would be a cool addition, basically viking chess.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited August 2020
    I want to see traditional parlour games like:

Skittles
    il_794xN.2346134092_5qeu.jpg

Quoits
    220px-Indoor_Quoits.jpg

F4gHnO.gif

Shove Ha'penny
    pic93554.jpg
  • I actuallyl oved the Fable mini games. Those would be a fun addition
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • No limit Texas Holden with in game gold please ... can call the game something else to fit the story ... but let us gamble with Holdem for in game gold we have earned ... talk about keeping people playing and prolly bringing in lots of people that have never even played an mmo