Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting System

Dear Support,

years ago i played a game called "Vanguard: Saga of Heroes" from Sony Entertainment and their Crafting System was the most fun, challenging and creative i have ever experienced in an MMORPG (and i played almost every "worthy" MMO since 2004)
Since there is only a bit of information about the crafting system, i wondered if Ashes of Creation would have some similiar functioning system...cuz if not it would be really cool if some of these would be implemented in the future.

Cool things about Vanguards Crafting System:
  1. Crafting Equipment (With Crafting Level Requirements) that would give u a boost in ur Crafting-Attributes like: Finesse, Problem Solving (yes ur workpiece could break and while crafting u needed to fix what could be fixed), Sculpturing etc...

2. Crafting Quests that would give u Money, Equipment, Crafting Equipment or even rare ingredients. You could even get things like a legendary Blacksmithing hammer, epic adventurer gloves or an very rare apron for crafting hahaha.

3. Your "workpiece" actually needed work and u had like 2000 Points to spend on each Workpiece. You could decide whether u want to "finish" or increase the quality ( or grade D,C,B,A,S) of your workpiece spending those 2000 Points. You had to take every single step from heating, shaping, cleaning, refining etc.

For comparison a Grade D or C Sword was on par with an normal questline reward... while an S Grade Sword was actually a bit stronger to what you could get even in dungeons on your actual level AND if your crafting skill was high enough u could even refine and decide which secondary stats would be on your weapon... i mean HOW cool is that?

long story short - are there any similiar Crafting systems in Ashes of Creation?

Best regards,
fumi

Unbenannt.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hi there - you can check out more details on where we've discussed certain elements of the crafting system before over on the helpful community-run wiki here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting

We'll be continuing to share more details on these systems as we get closer to have you helping us test them, so be sure to keep an eye out for future blogs and/or videos on these topics! In the meantime, if there were any more specific questions on crafting you had that weren't covered by the wiki above, I'd recommend bringing them to an upcoming live stream Q&A session so our team can dive in further.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.