Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Staff Appreciation Saturday

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Since Intrepid has Fan Appreciation Friday I thought it would be nice to do something for them.
I honestly dont think people take into consideration how much pressure is on the team. Yes, they love their job, but the pressure is there all the time, and yes, all of them fit nicely in the cogs that move the wheels.
The best way I know to relate this is imagine Steven and his team all holding a small pick axes with Mt. Everest behind them....Now, go mine that mountain down to nothing....and you have 1.5-2 years to do it.
So I want to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone on the team, be it the new comers or the intial veterans for what they are doing and what they will do in the future for all of us.
So, show them a kind word if you will!
THANK YOU!!!

Addendum: I want to keep this thread going every Saturday or Sunday for people who can't get to the pouter on Saturday. By this I intend for us if you feel it merited to call out a specific thank you to someone. Be it Jeff, Bacon, or maybe a shout out to the person who did the coloring on a new piece of armor, creature design, environmental art, etc. Even though we may not know their name. This is just giving something back to them for our appreciation.

Comments

• Thank you!
  • Thank you intrepid, for making the world a good game!
  • NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    That's a nice idea, indeed!

Thank you Intrepid, we believe in you! :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    Thank you Intrepid! I can't wait to play the game!
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Thanks for the Hard work. Keep it up.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • ZiiZii Moderator, Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Thank You <3
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    <3 Intrepid Peoples!!!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    <3 We are super grateful for everything Intrepid does for the community from both a moderator and community member stand point, it wouldnt be the same here without you guys.
    You deserve nothing but love, make sure you take care of yourselves!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is a lovely post Balrog c: Im sure itll put a smile on their faces
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Alluring I sure hope it does, and thanks!
  • Thanks Ashes Team. For pioneering 21st Century MMO design and development. I think this game is going to make waves in the industry.
  • Was thinking lately how the game is looking a lot better than I envisioned it to be way back in kickstarter.
    It is really comming together. Great Work! And thanks for keeping in touch with community really exciting to see Alpha 1 around the corner.
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    ❤️
  • stolyaRstolyaR Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you guys!!
    Can't wait to lost myself in Ashes of Creation <3
    I'll bring all my old Lineage 2 C4 friends back :)
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you all so much :smile: I'm really looking forward to Ashes!
  • AzeemAzeem Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you for giving me something to look forward to, the only good news to come out of 2020.
  • Much appreciation for Intrepid <3
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    and you have 1.5-2 years to do it.
    Community expectations, is that the pressure you were referring to? ;)

• IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks to all devs and steven in particular funding the game from his own pocket so we can enjoy a great mmorpg <3

Also thanks to the moderators for being based and neutral not powertripping, being biased or taking sides. Also really appreciate that freedom of speech is prevalent not banning people for some silly banter.
    Izil.png
  • LuthienstormLuthienstorm Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you intrepid!
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks heaps Intrepid! Thanks for:
    • Really taking a good crack at this problem - it's a behemoth task and I'm so impressed at what you've done already! And we're still in (~pre) alpha! Go Team!
    • Caring about the quality of what you're making - that you are willing to rewrite whole parts of the game system when it's necessary
    • Your transparency with us, and your wisdom in filtering our feedback - that you guys give us cool insight into your progress, your thoughts/decisions and taking the time to ask us questions
    • Your patience with our impatience - cos internet fights happen, even in theorycrafting
    • Your efforts to stay true to your promises - the way you guys are delaying things in the schedule and holding off on making empty promises

Thankyou for the sleep you've lost over this - but as much as I can't want to explore Verra, I want you guys to be happy, healthy and loving the work that you do! Don't sacrifice yourself for the game in short term, coz I'd way prefer if AoC lives a long life and flourishes under your honest decisions.

And thankyou mods and community managers for holding the freedom in these social spaces! Dealing with all our strange personalities :p
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Thank you, Intrepid 👍😁💓
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you for finally making the best game!
  • Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you IS for making this wonderful MMO with your own philosophies. It takes guts and vision to hold firmly to your beliefs to get this far and seek for much more. We believe in you!
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Thanks XD
    I added an addendum to the original post, and thanks to everyone who posted! Steven commented and I'm sure he will let the team know about it.
  • This mmo is a dream for so many people, I will be forever grateful to Intrepid and specially Steven for taking this decision in his life. We even have a forum to post our silly opinions and be heard.

From the bottom of my heart thank you IS.
    To continue with the intention of this thread, this Saturday I would like give a huge shout to Jeffrey Bard for all the hard work he's done, and to the artists and modelers and colorits who did the level 20 armor set we saw in last months stream!
    Thanks and keep up the great work!
  • Big Thank you for doing this project.
    The MMORPG genre needs this.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Thank
  • ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Yay love and gratitude is always a gewd thing!!! ^^

Thanks so much for making a high fantasy game I can escape to! =D