Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Introductions?

I guess I will jump out of the shadows and make a first post here. Hello! I am Aelissia.

I have been involved in RP in MMOs for approximately 15 years now and I have to say that I am quite excited about the prospects of Ashes. I have so many ideas for characters to explore but I am keeping it in check while I wait for more information on the races and general story. That being said, I would love to start working on some concepts with some folks in the community, to build up some potential connections.

A little about me. I have always been interested in writing, reading and gaming. MMOs have been my primary source of entertainment for a long time now including but not limited to WoW, FFXIV and SWTOR. I also dabble in live streaming from time to time using the same moniker.

I currently also work in the Game Industry as development support and leadership for QA, so I have a bit of an inside view of the world of game development.

I am looking forward to getting to know the rest of the RP community here!

Feel free to reach out and talk ideas!

~Aelissia

Comments

• PachaPacha Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Hi!

I'm Pacha, I've been a roleplayer for just a couple of years now, about 4, but I absolutely fell in love with RP from the moment I tried. I started in ESO, went on to WoW and SWTOR and then back to ESO. I usually keep my roleplay to MMORPGs since I feel like they provide the best experience for roleplayers.

I am now one of the founders of the ChroniclesRP, a cross-gaming RP community that focuses on providing RPers with a place where they can have fun and roleplay without HAVING to join a guild, if they want to they can since we do have quite a few guilds that form the leadership of the community, but we do focus on providing a good atmosphere for all roleplayers (guild or no guild). That's the link https://chroniclesrp.com/ if you want to register and join the discord :smile:

I work in the security sector, mostly for the government, and I absolutely love it, though I do hope that one day (yeah that's a dream and probably never happen, but keep on dreamin' lil' Pacha!) livestreaming could be my main """""job"""" (notice how many quotation marks? Yeah that's on purpose).

I'm looking forward to seeing you all in RP :smiley:

OH and I almost forgot! I've also be creating this RP rolling combat system for Ashes of Creation that people could use in the game to RP!! I'm super stoked about it and can't wait to share it with everyone to hear your thoughts!
  • CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    @Greentwig i found your new home.
    Kalez.png
  • EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wouldn't consider myself a role player, but i enjoy entering the mind of a character from time to time. But does anyone know if there will be designated RP servers?
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • persianpersian Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Never partaken in RP, but I'm open minded, maybe this'll be the one.
  • PachaPacha Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @SquirrelKebab Unfortunately no, as Steven believes that RPers should be everywhere. It's been proven that doing this can actually hurt a roleplaying community by spreading them out thin, but we'll see how it goes I guess.
  • EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Pacha Ahh i see, thanks for the clarification
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • I wouldn't consider myself a role player, but i enjoy entering the mind of a character from time to time. But does anyone know if there will be designated RP servers?

AFAIK there will not be dedicated RP servers. But I do know the community have rp groups and sites with members who are putting things together - like a rp community or niche. The old forums had many of these. As to how successful they are at establishing something concrete in-game, only time will tell.

Personally I enjoy RP from time to time. Have been playing PnP for a little while plus have spent time on rp servers for Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 for some years. The thing with RP for me is when it gets too hardcore you can get burned out but when you don't have it you miss it.
    Bone Breaker
  • I guess I'll jump in here too!

Hi *waves* I'm Alyria, a veteran MMO role-player of close to twenty years now. When I first heard about the opportunities Ashes of Creation to say my interest was piqued is an understatement. Hearing about the Freeholds, node development, merchant trade possibilities, and the entire living world had me nodding my head shouting "Yes! Finally something for my little crafter/trader/role-player heart!". I've been following the Ashes of Creation development for some years now, quietly seeing which direction the Intrepid team decided to take the game, and I'm excited to learn more via the new Dev Diaries.

I also can't wait to begin to meet each and everyone one of the Ashes of Creation community.
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Never really roleplayed, I just am a walking calamity that tends to drop meteorites on top of peoples heads c:
  • HalgraveHalgrave Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello! I am Halgrave, co-creator of a dedicated RP Community for Ashes of Creation (Link in my sig), and I've been RPing for a little over a decade now. While there is no RP Server Tag to be implemented, we at AoCRP plan on organizing a vote on our site off of a curated shortlist of server names pre-launch that our community will focus on as an unofficial RP server. Those of you that would like to get in on that, please feel free to join up! As for the rest, hope to see you in-game!
    Looking for a place to gather with other roleplayers? Look no further than Ashes of Creation Roleplay!
  • URanu5URanu5 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey, hey~ Intro time for a planet; I'm that nice guy, Uranu5 and I've been a strong advocate for Roleplay for at least 12 years and hopefully more to come. Coming from World of Warcraft I mainly go by the original character name of Centari and if you have heard or even RPed with me, then I am truly worried about you as a person <3

Half-jokes aside, my interest in Ashes of Creation runs deep due to many different factors; fresh beginning, environmental/player mandatory involvement, multiple variables to manage, and the general genre of the universe of Verra. A fresh beginning is perhaps the strongest factor, as I hope the RP community takes the right first steps needed in planting a strong foothold into a game. I've always wanted the game designers to place a strong hand on the RP community but I understand that could limit most of the creative freedom that comes from some interactions that are reminisced about in past stories. So it is up to the community to gather and decide where to raise the flag, and how to mesh with the rest of the community as a whole.

I can only try to be there for such choices, but I will be there for when the game is played :) Can't wait for either way.
    planet-uranus.jpg
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello all, I am in SW MO. USA.

I am not a veteran MMO player, as I have only invested a few hours here or there in one or two. Never seem to be much for my liking. I am excited about Ashes and have chosen to step out of my comfort gaming zone and embrace Ashes as more of a new-table-top group. Allowing me to set aside my issues with MMO's in general and embrace whatever it is Ashes becomes.

I am an avid RP agent, and most of my characters lack 100% effectiveness due to my desire to create the character as I see them and worry about how the mechanics jive in the end. That said, I have been playing D&D (at least once a month, usually four times) for the past 12 years. I look forward to embracing this aspect of what Ashes has to offer.

Thank you all for reading, and posting, we should be in for a brilliant ride!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • fiontanfiontan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yo. I'm Fio.

Roleplaying for the last 21 something years. Been rping in mmo's since 2013 in SWTOR and have jumped around a few different mmo's for rp though the bulk of it has been spent in TOR and currently FFXIV. I run my own guild in FFXIV, and plan to run my own here in AoC. Though my 14 guild will come first, I certainly want to enjoy some rp community stuff here!

Mostly I want to coordinate with other roleplayers for what server we will be focusing on, in the future. As well as finding out what people are doing to set up there rp while we wait for game to play! I already have a guild idea and structure set up. Though only myself and my co founder in the discord for it right now. So I'm interested in what everyone else is doing to prepare.
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Playing MMORPG for long but never RP. This might be the first game i feel comfertable with doing so because of the change in the world and many different artisan classes.
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Got started at an early age on table top RPGs and old school choose your own adventure books. Started RPing in MMOs with Everquest. I've played a lot of MMOs and tried to find RP guilds and communities in both while also still being active in PvE raids and other activities.

Looking forward to hopping into Ashes and getting to RP.
  • Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    Evening! Anduin here!

I have been Roleplaying since I was young. I have over 16 years of Rp experience in all sorts of games from light rp in Arma, battlefield, and Warhammer 40k EC, to more hardcore RP in a large number of MMOs. I helped design and test Life of a Colonist, Godsland, and Titansland for Warcraft 3 back in the day. I founded a community that now plays several games and is looking to form a truly living and breathing city in the game and are welcoming all RPers and Guilds into joining us in the endeavors. I look forward to knowing you all better as time goes on.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • Hello from Dayuhan,

I have been role-playing since the term was first coined - anyone remember the Arduin gaming system? Most of my RP has been the table-top variety, starting with the above named Arduin game and proceeding through D&D, Earthdawn, Shadowrun, Storyteller, Traveller, and many more less well known RPGs. I role-played heavily in NeverWinter Nights and NWN2 and am now playing ESO and Star Citizen.

While I am quite new to the Ashes of Creation game, the concepts I have seen so far seem very open to RP. Hope this remains true as it pushes towards Beta.

Look forward to meeting some of you in game.
  • Hi! I'm Bunny and I have been roleplaying for about 11 years now -- most of which being on World of Warcraft.

I've been following Ashes basically from the start of their kickstarter and I really hope, while that there are no official rp servers on Ashes, that all us people interested in rp will be able to coordinate so we can all play together. :smiley:
  • dorrindorrin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey folks, signed up for Alpha 2 but for now, me.

First RP'd PnP in mid-80s (I know I know), took the same journey as many from D&D, WFRP (fave), Paranoia, Cthulhu, MERP to name but a few. Fast forward more years than I care to remember I still PnP RP and find myself casually RPing in MMO's.

My online RPG journey went from SWG to WoW at launch, while not my first, WoW was my first guild (The Templar Order on Argent Dawn) where I gradually became sucked in and eventually had the absolute honour of being one of their officers. Then as we all burn out as I did I and jumped around for a while, DDO (one of the founding guilds), Warhammer Online, SWTOR, NWN, ESO, LOTRO (prob one of my faves) and so on, each time coming back to WoW for a while. I still pop into WoW and DDO now and again but thought it time for something new as I tired with the grind and much of the old guilds have moved on. So here I am!

High Fantasy is generally my favourite genre, I'm absolutely an altaholic (yay!) and while some characters develop over time as I play them, I have two long term aliases that always appear in one way or another. Dorrin, Dwarf, often playing a fatherly role who loves the outdoors rather than deep in some mines, usually a hunter-style (there is also his brother Aargus who is the stereotypical axe-wielding fighter), then there's Teebs or Teeble who is often a small female gnome/halfling type caster who is very bouncy and somewhat nieve.
    Alpha One System for testing: Win10 64bit, Intel i9-9900k, GeForce RTX 2080Ti
  • A pleasure to make your acquaintance. The name I go by across communities is SupportCrow, yet for most purposes, I go by Amicus.

Whenever the option presented itself, I always threw myself into the joys of RolePlay. Writing stories comes naturally to me and the idea of putting myself in a character's shoes always appealed to me as a gamer. It adds a different dynamic.

I role played mostly in Chronicles of Elyria across various discord servers. I attended parties, festivals, beast hunts, and daring dungeon crawls. In the CoE forums, I wrote out story after story for roughly over four years.

Despite everything going down the way it did, my love for RP still continues and I expect to fill the forums with grand adventure after grand adventure!
    Amicus Mourchaux

Guardian of the Kingdom of Tyria.
  • ThujaThuja Member
    Hey there!!
    I'm Sage, I'm not very experienced with RP but I'm willing to try getting more into it! It still feels awkward to me but I think that's something that I'll get over the more I do it. I've been following the progress of Ashes a little after it started on Kickstarter after seeing a youtuber talk about it. Looks like an interesting game!! I was looking forward to CoE but as you can see how that turned out...

Anyways, as I said, not much experience in RP, I would sometimes play WoW and a few other games and only have one session of D&D under my belt(couldn't play anymore because of the pandemic) but I've never done RP in a game before.
  • Hi guys, Harcon here.

I am somewhat of an RP vet by now, having done it on multiple platforms (especially MMOs) for nearly 20 years. I am a big fan of character stories and have written many myself on forums. I love character development, creating personalities and doing stuff in-character in game. I started on a UO private server called Teiravon in 2000 and played there until 2013. I then moved to more modern MMORPGs looking for RP and so far ESO has provided the best community. I'm looking forward to AoC and the racial options and lore it offers so that I can build a character of my liking that will also be interesting for others to interact with.

See you in game when the time comes!
    "Sleep just isn't sleep anymore. It's an escape."
  • Hi, Im winner, I never really roleplayed but am plannng to try it in AOC.
  • Hey there everyone! I'm Willmaximo and i've been rping for a few years now, i'm mainly on World of Warcraft right now but can't wait to branch out! Roleplay has always brought life to a game in my opinion and I can't wait to see people walking around in Ashes.

I myself plan on being a cleric primary cause I enjoy the healing aspect in games, as for how I am going to roleplay in Ashes i'm still figuring that one out. Maybe when I see more of the lore I will get a solid grasp. From what i'm seeing so far I think this game as amazing potential to be a roleplayers dream. However a lack of a roleplay server could cause an issue in my opinion, when things get closer to launch I would like to see the community band together and vote on a server to make it "offical".

Anywho, I look forward to seeing everyones ideas and stories! I can't wait to see us band together and create grand events that this games community would be in awe of!
  • Catastrophic
    Never role played on anything before. Have always wanted too, but any game I ever joined, or server I played on (ever the ones that are RP servers), no one role plays :/ Would be fun though I bet.
  • MoMeme6701MoMeme6701 Member
    edited August 2020
    Catastrophic
    Never role played on anything before. Have always wanted too, but any game I ever joined, or server I played on (ever the ones that are RP servers), no one role plays :/ Would be fun though I bet.

In wow, RP servers are more active around new extension and newly updated due to more content to RP, and sometimes it is about time you are on the servers. You have to always check the server's RP community in order to get in touch with them. Other than that people might be farming and doing the end game raid or just only attending RP events from time to time so that might explain why you don't see anybody RP.

Guild Discord: Here
    RP Community Discord: Here
  • ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello, I go by Chime on most platforms and I've been RPing for over 10 years in MMO's and Discord. I currently RP the most in Guild Wars 2 but I've also been in WoW, BDO, and FFXIV.

I'm really looking forward to this game and can't wait to see what the community comes up with. :)
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • AquielAquiel Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hey there!

I'm Aquiel, a german geek girl, roleplayer and metalhead.

Science fiction & fantasy fascinate me as much as natural sciences and technology. As a child of the 80s, I made my first gaming steps on the C64. While science fiction & fantasy led me to role play and the world of MMOs, I combined my interest in science and technology in my job.

My role-playing career began sometime during my studies when I was invited to my first round of pen & paper with friends. We were playing Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 in Faerun at the time. When we had to pause the round due to the semester break, I felt the desire for more and looked for an alternative to bridge the time and found Neverwinter Nights. I played through both parts in co-op mode and then again looked for something new. So I started with D&D online. It was my first MMO. That's where I also started role-playing in MMOs, with LOTRO being the first longer station for me. Here I stayed for many years on the German role-playing game server Belegaer and eventually led my first RP guild there. Then I went to Age of Conan, The Secret World, WoW, SWTOR, ESO, GW2, Revelation Online, Rift, Warhammer Online, to name just a few of my stations.

And then came the astrologian in Final Fantasy 14. Up until this point I only knew the game from other people's stories, but the astrologian trailer was enough to finally lure me into the game. And that's where I stayed until today. And believe it or not, the astrologian is still my favorite class.

Another great hobby of mine is music. While I learned keyboard and piano myself when I was young, I have now bought an electric guitar and enjoy the harder sounds of metal and rock. Since I particularly appreciate the live performances of bands, you meet me quite often at relevant festivals and concerts.

Seven years ago, I founded the German RP Community for ESO better known as "ESO-Rollenspiel". Through this I was able to make many new contacts over the years and get a few insights into game development here and there. Accordingly you could have met me at events such as the Roleplay Convention / Comic Con and Gamescom, which have now become something like a small family get-together to me.

Since 2017 I have been supporting the development of the german community for Ashes of Creation. And now I'm very much looking forward to welcome other fellow roleplayers within our community.
    site-logo.png?v=ge981k0q7ok
    Gamer Girl Visit my blog!
    Join our Community on ashes-of-creation.de
    German Roleplayer Be part of our German Roleplay Community

• HI all Tylaric here..

Dipped my feet in MMO's with Meridian 59 and then Everquest (cheers to Brell, Firiona Vie, and Al'Kabor!). Like many of you I traversed many MMO's over the years so the term veteran may apply if not for the fact that I still feel like a complete noob when I go to level up another toon....

I'm eager to discover and learn on and I am very comfortable with RP and technical gameplay as well and can't wait to dip my feet in this =). My hats off to the team, I am REALLY excited in what I'm seeing.. I remember YEARS ago posting a suggestion on an MMO Developers forum about what you are now implementing as the Node System and I love where you've taken it.

I identify as a Crafter/Gatherer/Sneak Assassin but will definitely need a wizard as well...

Already subscribed, can't wait to see more..

Cheers,

Ty
  • Hi! I am Hyprax!

I have only roleplayed for a couple of years now in D&D and I love it! I am afraid of doing it in an mmo but I am willing to take on the adventure.

Hope RP turns out as everyone wants in AoC, let's fight for it!