Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

forum suggestion

The forum really needs a FAQ. Because lots of questions seems to be asked that has already been answered or there is no answer for.
Or a topic with the title "Got a question. Look here first". Then answers to certain questions and a link to the webpage.
F.x. Where can i get the game. When is the game released. Classe and race questions. etc. And make it a sticky so it stays in the front page and in the top.

Comments

• PandiumPandium Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    They should make a new link to forum main menu called FAQ and link it to https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, there already is an FAQ which can be found here: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001990954 although I admit it is rather difficult to find if you don't know where to look. Hopefully the updated website that is being worked on will fix this problem.

On a side note, there is also an FAQ channel on the official discord which, given by how many repeat questions we get, gets mostly ignored. No matter what you do, there will always be people who will make threads to ask questions even when the information is already staring them in the face.

C'est la vie
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Well, there already is an FAQ which can be found here: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001990954 although I admit it is rather difficult to find if you don't know where to look. Hopefully the updated website that is being worked on will fix this problem.

On a side note, there is also an FAQ channel on the official discord which, given by how many repeat questions we get, gets mostly ignored. No matter what you do, there will always be people who will make threads to ask questions even when the information is already staring them in the face.

C'est la vie

I doubt the people asking those question know there is a discord, considering the questions they ask. Mostly, how do i play the game...
  • InixiaInixia Member
    edited September 2020
    Imo they should make it so that after a certain amount of time has elapsed a post can longer be bumped to the top of the board. Certain controversial topics tend to get continually brought to the top by people arguing, or original posters wanting to keep it alive. That might help promote healthier discussion on newer posts.
  • Hey there! We do indeed already have a thread titled "Need Help or Have a Question? Check Here First!" which has been stickied at the top of the Support & FAQ category since these forums were brought back online! This thread links to helpful resources where we've answered some of your top questions before, including our knowledge base and Discord channels. It also requests that users search for their question first before posting, which doesn't seem to always be the case, based on the number of repeat questions we see asked ;)

While the Ashes of Creation wiki linked above is an amazing resource that I use often to share more information with folks, it is a community-run tool and not an official one, hence why it's not linked directly in an official capacity on these forums. One of our goals is definitely to bring more of that information on to our official spots like our website, so you can read all the fun goodness there instead!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you think would be helpful to add to our existing FAQ spots in the meantime!
    community_management.gif