Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

production class - stats vs level requirements

GodgearGodgear Member, Intrepid Pack
hello everyone,
most mmo's usually require a certain level and class restriction to wear items. i am hoping if it can change to stats instead ? for example a great sword - require 4000 strength stat points vs a dagger require 3000 agility to equip

another example would be great sword ( 2000 attack per 2 sec) - require 400 strength stat 200 agility stat
great sword ( 1000 attack per 1 sec) - require 200 strength 400 agility stat

and i want a rating of the weapon from - normal, rare, unique, legendary, myth

i am getting my inspiration from reading a mmo novel called overgeared
https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/overgeared

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I dont think that a statlock would be a good thing in Ashes. That way a mage wont be able to equip a greatsword at all.
    Except if this would be the case:
    Greatsword - Stats: Mentality - Requirement: Mentality
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    SoulsOnFireSoulsOnFire Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Afaik they already said everyone will be able to wield every weapon. This seems to be the complete opposite of your proposal.
    Tq3LCNj.png
  • Options
    Is there are reason why you need to promote the book in every thread you create?

Also, your proposal would go directly against what Intrepid is trying to do, so No
  • Options
    Yes, they have stated that anyone can wear anything BUT that certain pieces/sets provide enhancements to your class.

I don't however have a problem with having certain recommended stats on items. So lets say a pure Mage wants to wield that heavy armor and greatsword. A Mage would normally have a 40 STR w/o any special investment but to wield heavy armor or a greatsword requires a minimum stat of 50 STR. To effectively wield both, the mage would have to go 'work out' a bit and invest 10 pts in STR to start using those items. Not a huge amount but enough to show at least a bit of needed devotion.

The items in question can still be equipped however, you will just suffer some sort of penalty below the minimum stat. Say -2% melee damage per pt of STR below the recommended. Or for armor you are more encumbered so -2% to your movement per pt below the recommended.

Conversely the same could be said of things like mage staves. Those simple minded tanks would need to go read a few books and boost their INT a bit before being able to wield that Staff of Ice at full effectiveness.

With 64 classes and thus a lot of class mixing , I would expect the gate stats would only have an impact on the more extreme cases.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg