Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

edited October 2020 in Announcements
QA-1920x1080.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Wednesday, September 30 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

For this upcoming stream, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our live stream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 11AM PDT so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you soon for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Edit: In case you missed it, our September Development Update Live Stream is now available on our YouTube channel!

Check out the full VOD below for a preview of aquatic mounts in glorious 4K, dwarven architecture, coastal nodes, our upcoming contest, and more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaNosCnctck

https://youtu.be/fH5Ux9qmnE0
community_management.gif

Comments

• LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    Do you have any plans of supporting playing Ashes of Creation on virtual machines such as Shadow PC or maybe other PC cloud gaming platforms?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    If your Node is at war with a Node your guild mates live in, does that stop you from being able to party with your guild mates, raid, and defend your castle if the Defensive Siege happens during the same period as the Node War is happening?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    If we currently have to return to a caravans point of origin to receive rewards, how will other systems like Node wars and enemy of the state function while attempting to get your reward turn in while in these situations?
  • Are the combat pets all DPS oriented or are there Tank, DPS, Healing and Support variants? Can I be a healer that has a combat pet that aids me in my healing or provides mana regen?
  • AwaceAwace Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What does intrepid think about a party duel system alongside the regular 1v1's?

Party leaders of the same group size could request eachother to start a duel.
    This would be a great feature for inhouse tournaments within guilds or to practice for arena gameplay.
    096htIx.png
    Awacegg l Awace l Awacegg l Awace#3904
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited September 2020
    Will there be some different indicators of selected targets that players can choose other than the circle beneath them which, imo, looks unnatural and unbefitting for a game with realistic graphics? Perhaps some sort of highlight like in ESO or some other subtle indicator that the target is selected.
    signature.png
  • CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    if crafted items will be on par with best in slot items does that mean we will craft legendaries quaility gear too?
    Kalez.png
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Will weather effects at sea have an impact on ships, such as wind, rough sea, ice, ect?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • ViBunjaViBunja Member
    edited September 2020
    Will the Tulnar have features that reassemble the of leporids, as in hare/rabbit/bunny in the aspects at least of long ears, muzzle?
  • MisterTeatimeMisterTeatime Member
    edited September 2020
    Will swimming have limiters like stamina to prevent ppl from swimming all over the place?
    and addon: next Jahlon interview - when? ;)
    giphy.gif
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
    Terry Pratchett
  • How will you battle information that gets documented onto the internet? Randomize loot tables? Randomize Spawns? Etc?
  • Will honey be in the game, either gathering it in the wild or as part of a farming profession?
  • CreoCreo Member
    edited September 2020
    Do freehold buildings keep their progression when you relocate after a successful seige or node atrophy?

In haiku form:

After freehold seige
    Will our buildings keep progress
    Question this I do
  • SentSent Member
    edited September 2020
    We know the world is 480 km², but what about the deepest part of the ocean or the tallest mountain, what's the height of the world?
  • While I'm sure technology has come a long way, and it wont be an issue, but I'd rather ask for a definite answer.
    Is the combat dependent on latency/ping or does it work on other factors?
    As an Australian who will be playing with Americans on the NA servers, how I enjoy the game and what classes/skills I chose, can be influenced by how I would perform in combat with a high latency/ping.
  • ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Question on Seaside Nodes & harbors in regards to Node siege content/combat.

Will naval combat be included in the siege aspect of Seaside nodes w/harbors in both defensive and offensive capabilities? If this is the case would a offensive commander have the ability to zerg a ship based attack, vice just having a ground component and would the defending commander have "warning" or clues to that ship zerg attack?

Thank you to everyone that watched me formulate this question on the Critical Zen Network via twitch!

"The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will freeholds show up on the minimap for citizens and vassals or all players?
  • LeafzerLeafzer Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are there any plans to making headstart available to non-kickstarter supporters in the future?
  • TycondraesTycondraes Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Will any classes have the ability to shapeshift? Examples: Werewolves, animals, other races, etc.
    47736734272_2bdb0cc0c9_m.jpg

Necromancy is when you raise the dead. Necrophilia is when the dead raise you.
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    Could you provide more information about how higher-level players will be efficiently able to play together with lower-level friends by going into more details regarding the anticipated Mentorship program?
  • Several other games that have group PvP have attempted to use culling to improve performance. However, culling had negative effects on the PvP (fighting people you could not see right away).

How will the culling in AoC work and how will you ensure it won't negatively effect large group PvP interactions?
    SIG.png
    We are recruiting PvPers!
  • Hi, Im from North Mexico and im really excited to play your extraordinary game, im just a little worry about the Ping for us, ¿You guys are going to make something about this for us to have a better experience? a Server in dallas would be great, thanks and Greetings :)
  • neeko2loneeko2lo Member
    edited September 2020
    Hello Intrepid,

Straight to the point: Can tab-targeting abilites be augmented to become action-combat abilities and vice versa ?

Thanks for your time,
    Neeko2lo
    final.png
  • Hi again
    my question is: how long do you plan for the alpha test to last?
  • unknownwonunknownwon Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Corrupted players lose a large amount of corruption on death with a chance to drop items depending on corruption level. What would prevent someone from having their friends or guild members kill them to reduce their corruption and giving them their gear/items back after death?
  • DarkfuriaDarkfuria Member
    edited September 2020
    Hello. I ear the gear will have a limit of repairs ,so will we need to have some spare gear in bags to do the easy content and save the best gear for raids or sieges ? im a person that i want to use the best gear always and for all the content ,so that will not be possible ?TY
  • NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is Farming Processing or Gathering?

Wiki - Processing
    Ashes101 - Gathering
    AshesHQ - N/A
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • DarktideDarktide Member
    edited September 2020
    Question:
    Will there be a guild audit log in game that is exportable or could this be available through your website or something?

Explanation:
    Guild logs telling who has left, joined, and who is using their rights are a boon and so seldom available outside the game. An export to excel button, or the ability to copy/paste a log would actually be huge. Even better if there was a ui with a checkbox "rights use", "vault access", "combat entries", "player status changes", for instance.

Example Log:
    player-a promoted player-b to rank-c
    player-a kicked player-b for "reason"
    player-a left the guild no reason given
    player-a took x of item-y out of vault-b
    player-a was killed by player-b in cold blood (would be cool, but overkill perhaps)
    player-a killed player-b in defense (would be cool, but overkill perhaps)

This enables:
    • A way to easily manage out of game permissions for, say discord.
    • Track participation.
    • Identify theft or abuse.
    • Reward valuable members that may go unnoticed.
    • Lots of other useful metrics that I can't even think of right now.

These are things that gm's constantly deal with in some games and so rarely does any thought go to such an important aspect of running a guild. Usually games just dump "leaving" notices in chat and call it a day. I've seen very few games with actual audit logs for guilds.
  • res
  • TragnarTragnar Member
    edited September 2020
    What will challenging raids look like - are they going to be challenging because of other raid groups or small parties could ambush you while doing it and will there be player counting mechanics that kick in when more than 40 people are killing the boss?
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato