Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Will we be able to craft tacos in game?
  • midnytemidnyte Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What’s your plans on making nodes different aesthetically according to the regions as well as weather cycles.
  • Hi there! Are you prepared for the cheatdevelop industry with hard sanctions against the RMT etc. and serversided checks etc.? Expecting here a nasty surpise otherwise.
  • TyrantorTyrantor Member
    edited September 2020
    Will guilds be able to flag other guilds as combatant for guild vs guild rivalry and/or political conflicts for extended durations? Will death penalties scale for G v G flagging or remain constant with normal combatant?
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • so if I understood this correctly, every server is going to be some what unique becaus of players driving the plot forward with their joices.
    How is this going to impact future game updates, balance patches, addons?

for example, if the european and american server where to develop in the most opposit way possible, would they end up with completly different content?
  • shadekynthshadekynth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Braver of Worlds tier be brought into testing prior to the official start of Alpha 1? Any update on start date for Alpha 1 with no NDA?
  • Since there's an underground realm and race, will there be underground castles to?
    w9aa773ktwxd.gif
  • With Clerics being the primary healing archetype, will they always be the healer in a party or do you see them being able to fill a different role. If so, would parties want a Cleric that isn't the primary healer?
  • With the corruption system a non-combatant does not become combatant when they attack a corrupted player per your chart, that means a corrupted player can't even fight back to defend themselves as they would become more corrupted if they kill the non-corrupted player who initiates combat. Is this your intention? To completely remove corrupted players ability to defend themselves?
  • Will the instanced raid bosses drop some of the best things in the game? Or will that be from open world raids?

Or more in general question:
    Can you tell us more about raids in general and what priority endgame PvE encounters have in AoC. Many believe that this game is mostly focused on PvP to make endgame encounters hard, is that true?
    Member_Baconbread.png
  • Righteous VoiceRighteous Voice Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    While the node system seems incredible and the potential for every server to be completely different from each other sounds amazing, my concern is what, if anything, is in place, be it design or otherwise, to prevent a node "Meta" from forming and creating an inevitable homogenization of servers?
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We know the in game map will be a fog if war, but what style will the in game map be like? Color? Old style yellowed parchment? Or something completely different?
  • In Final Fantasy XI they had a fun way to expand your inventory with a series of quests called The Gobbiebag. A friendly Goblin would expand your backpack for you, if you brought him the requested items each time. It was a very fun horizontal progression within the game, and added a few additional inventory slots with every upgrade. Will Ashes of Creation have quested personal inventory expansion like this, without relying on Artisans? Thanks!
  • I’m interested in exploration, will there be npc towns or other cool locations to find aside from the nodes? Cheers
  • AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    In regards to Apoc, is that still slated to coming back for siege and horde testing after A1, or is that in the not coming back situation?
  • kyrakukyraku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What are you going to do to classes to add 'flavour' to whatever class you're playing? for example.. individual quests for druids, warlocks, necromancers etc.. or are they just basically root class with slight differences?
  • theonegargoyletheonegargoyle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can secondary archetypes perform their role function ? eg could a Dreadnought or Brood Warden tank at all for a group, even if only for easier content ?

*fingers crossed you're ready to share some design intent on this*
  • ArthinArthin Member, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    So is there going to be penalties for killing mobs lower level than you? i.e. in lienage 2 if you killed a blue mob (6 levels lower) you got next to no exp and no drops.

I am asking so if there is a certain material/item you need off a mob, am I going need to use time leveling a second character or diminish my gold reserves on buying what I need when I could of farmed it myself.

If there is a penalty, are there mechanics for me to turn exp off or lower my recevied exp in order to farm the item/material I need/want longer.
    MMO History

Lineage 2 Franz/Naia Servers Non Stop From 2007-2012

Wow on and off
    Rift for beta and a few months out
    Tera for beta and a year or so
  • Are there any plans to have an option to where you can gift subscription time or cosmetics to a friend?
  • KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Question about Gathering Artisans.

What options will Gathering Artisans have in transporting their harvested materials when away from their Node? i.e. trained mounts with additional storage, Node Perk that allows NPC couriers, etc.
  • DominatorDominator Member
    edited September 2020
    Could you give some more elaboration on how the arena system's rating work? Is there skill based match making or a MMR system? Are gear rewards based off of a certain rating or a percentage of overall rating at the end the season? I know you talked about cosmetic rewards for the top players at the end of a season, but do higher rated players get access to better gear than lower rated players?

Much love!!
    -Executus Gaming
  • Will any skills require certain consumables in order to be used?
    DQaP9Ks.png
  • When it comes to cosmetic gear, will we be able to change the color of the gear pieces?
  • NatheireanNatheirean Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Given that there are a limited number of spawn locations for new players, is the team worried that every server might end up with the same metropolises due to players acting in a predictable behavior?
  • palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Group Mounts: Will there be flying group mounts?
    2. Siege Weapons: Can siege weapons be crafted anytime or only during the siege preparation period?
    3. If Question #2 is yes: Can you sabotage or destroy enemy siege weapons or any defensive equipments outside of the siege period?
    4. Are we near enough for Nodes 3 yet? 🤔
  • Can we get the classes you devs are most interested in playing?
  • At what point do you choose which node you belong to? How hard is it to migrate citizenship?
  • When talking about players being either chosen or winning the position of Mayor for a node, I can't help but think of a few bad situations. Say for instance that the person who ends up being Mayor is and pardon my language, an idiot. He then makes objectively wrong decisions that will be bad for the node either through incompetence or intentional griefing. Do you plan on having a way to get rid of a Mayor?
  • How extensive will the camping feature be? I always envisioned putting up customizable tents and banners, and using a fireplace or bonfire when out in the wild. In city life it could turn into slums without voting rights and different cities running different kind of politics in regards to slums.

What are your thoughts and plans regarding this?
  • I don't know if you guys notice but I feel there is a big argument going within the community about PvE and PVP and open-world dungeons. People are worried PvP people will take control over these open-world dungeons and because of it they will get more powerful and just be the leaders in the game by default since other people cannot get the items for the dungeon, what's your take on this?