Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Usually the design and looks of the magical classes equipment in mmos tend to be "boring" (Staffs and robes) or not as visually appealing as other classes, having to resort to cosmetic items to make your character look good.
    Are you taking a different approach with those classes in regards of their equipment design?
  • KneczhevoKneczhevo Member
    edited September 2020
    Can you answer @Jahlon s questions at Paradox Gaming Network, any time soon? He only has 19 pages. 😜😁
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    Will a dedicated class like Archwizard get the same four mage schools of augments that the Fighter/Mage class gets? For example, a rank 3 Blink could do fire AOE damage instead of regular AOE damage upon landing, with a fire school augment.
  • mcknightridermcknightrider Member
    edited September 2020
    You talked about crafting being on par with raid gear. However; if the materials to create this crafted gear drops from raid encounters, that's not crafted gear. That's raid gear with extra steps. How are you going to provide crafted gear that is on par with raid gear without recipes and materials being locked behind raid encounters?
  • alikonaalikona Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Scenario: a successful node siege has occurred and raiders are attacking your freehold.

Can raiders attack and kill your livestock (animal husbandry or breeding)?
    Would your animals fight back?
    Are animals a lootable resource if your freehold is destroyed (mounts, pets, farm animals)?
  • The number of people playing different races has widely varied in most MMOs, with Humans and Elves usually being the most popular. Is there any plan to try to balance the number of people playing each race?
  • Do orbs and spellbooks have unique attacks like melee weapons or are they just stat sticks for your spells
  • CatspurrCatspurr Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since the tulnar has lived in the underrealm for a long time, from a lore perspective it would make sense that there are cities in the underrealm. But from a gameplay perspective this doesn't make sense. How do you plan on solving this? (Grasping desperately for underrealm lore)
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    How early in the game do you plan to introduce a dungeon?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • I'm not a huge PVP fan, only because I'm not good at it. I'll participate in wars with others, if needed, but prefer to solo quest and level. Will there be enough content in AoC like questing, and building out a character for someone like me?
  • how will crowd control work? will there be an eq1 enchanter like class???
  • What will the learning curve of the game be like as you invest time and level up? How wide and deep will the various game mechanics be and how will they relate to the learning curve?
  • Will Ashes of Creation be on console?
  • Warmazack wrote: »
    Will Ashes of Creation be on console?

Пока не планируется, возможно когда-нибудь в будущем.
  • maouw wrote: »
    How early in the game do you plan to introduce a dungeon?

Уже на старте первой альфы - будет доступно около 10 подземелий, после релиза их будет значительно больше.
  • Will raids be balanced on the assumption there will be active PvP occurring at the same time as the final boss fight? In other words, will raids be made less challenging because PvP will be present in the area?
  • Can I see who voted for me in a mayor’s election?
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How dense will be the monster population? I think its always pretty boring if there is a huge area but you need to walk 10 seconds just to kill one mob.
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dreoh wrote: »
    What are some examples of the action side of the current hybrid combat you have envisioned, mechanically and visually? Will bow users be able to fire their basic attack in any 3Dvector direction if they are in action camera? If so, what percentage of skills will be able to be cast this way?

up to 75% Action combat
    up to 75% tab targeting
    depends on how you want to play ^^
  • If solo players need to group up for content, what system is in place to form "Pickup Groups" and can players fast-travel to other players in a group once a party is made?

TIA
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Taming pets/ mounts seems to be the same catagory as mining or gathering. Does this mean if I tame 10 of whatever and then head to the breeder...on the way I die in pvp will I drop things I tamed like I would ore or pelts?
  • We know that in MMOs in mass PvPs it’s hard sometimes to understand what is happening.. Will you make skills like healing, CC skills and any other group buff skill visible with its unique effects and colors to improve the gameplay and efficiency in the game?
    Thanks
  • Kali Gold wrote: »
    If solo players need to group up for content, what system is in place to form "Pickup Groups" and can players fast-travel to other players in a group once a party is made?

TIA

Мирового чата - как такового не будет, телепортации / быстрого перемещения к случайным членам группы не будет.
  • ShinasoShinaso Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will be possible to target an ally (in group) clicking his nameplate from the group (on the left of the screen) ?? This feature makes healer's life wonderful by not messing looking for the right ally on the screen and giving him/her heals quicker
    c1f5df869c3428999290c2954317ec5f.png[/center]

• SHMIKESHMIKE Member
    edited September 2020
    PvP is the main drive for me in any mmo. Do you plan on having a competitive format for pvp as far as ranking and tournaments 2v2 3v3 5v5? ...Also will macros/add-ons be allowed?
  • neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited September 2020
    In the past, gathering was stated to be based on trial and error and require visual knowledge of the world and its resources but in the most recent streams, gatherable resources have some particle effects around them. Is this a change in design philosophy? Placeholder? Could you clarify?
  • Will nodes stop progressing at the Metropolis stage or will there still be some kind of progression, be it expansion in the world or growing resources?
  • azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    so its 1 freehold per account, if I want to build a freehold on another server than I started on, or in another region (if that will be alloweed now since you will self publish in EU after all) will it be enough to remove the freehold from the land or will I need to give up citizenship etc?
  • CrazydocCrazydoc Member
    edited September 2020
    Hello my fellow gamers, my question is when do we get to play Alpha-1 release (no NDA) "specific date"?
  • SHMIKE wrote: »
    PvP is the main drive for me in any mmo. Do you plan on having a competitive format for pvp as far as ranking and tournaments 2v2 3v3 5v5? ...Also will macros/add-ons be allowed?

Рейтинговое пвп планируется в будущем, а вот макросы и любые разновидности дополнений на их основе будут в проекте запрещены!