Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will your mule and/or wagon be able to travel on airships?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Will there be a trade system, contract system or joinable organization to guarantee trade results? Example: I have the materials for a sword, I find a player who can make it and trade it to them, what guarantee do I have they will return it?
  • MrBlueSkyMrBlueSky Member
    edited September 2020
    If certain weapons will be better for certain classes, why not lock an Archetype's choice to a few weapons in order to make things simpler for the animation team? Additionally, what it the Team's philosophy on making Archetype abilities that work thematically with a variety of weapon sizes and shapes (i.e. a Rogue backstabbing with a two-handed weapon)?
  • TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited September 2020
    Do you plan on adding physics to combat?
    Do you plan on encouraging lateral and vertical movement?
  • Several games with targeting system make your skill stop or fail when enemy leave the requered range for it to be cast, even though they were when the player started casting. Will AoC be similar to this, or will the skill be cast and reach the target even though it left the minimum range already?
  • Can you give an example of a racial augment?
  • RaytekuRayteku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will people with bows or various other ranged weapons have to purchase and carry ammunition like arrows, and have them take up valuable bag space compared to someone who doesn't use ranged weapons?
  • NixalNixal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be a limit / softcap for stats or could you achieve something like 100% crit rate, 100% spell immunity, etc.?

Do you have plans to combat grief play like players denying quest mobs or stream sniping?
  • DreamStateDreamState Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With Alpha1 just around the corner is Intrepid planning on putting out a confirmed date soon other than "Fall 2020", i missed out on Alpha1 but I'm excited to support streamers showcasing the available content and i know a lot of others are too.
  • DreamStateDreamState Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With the Marriage and Family systems in the game will you be including same sex avatars to utilize this system? I know my Partner and i would love to be married in game and share our last name in our virtual home.
  • DSaddamDSaddam Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi steven and intrepid friends, my question is

There's a chance for south america servers in launch?
  • DreamState wrote: »
    With the Marriage and Family systems in the game will you be including same sex avatars to utilize this system? I know my Partner and i would love to be married in game and share our last name in our virtual home.

Возможность создать семью будет - в семье может состоять до 8 членов, возможность бракосочетания тоже планируется / будет.
  • Darktide wrote: »
    Question:
    Will there be a guild audit log in game that is exportable or could this be available through your website or something?

Explanation:
    Guild logs telling who has left, joined, and who is using their rights are a boon and so seldom available outside the game. An export to excel button, or the ability to copy/paste a log would actually be huge. Even better if there was a ui with a checkbox "rights use", "vault access", "combat entries", "player status changes", for instance.

Example Log:
    player-a promoted player-b to rank-c
    player-a kicked player-b for "reason"
    player-a left the guild no reason given
    player-a took x of item-y out of vault-b
    player-a was killed by player-b in cold blood (would be cool, but overkill perhaps)
    player-a killed player-b in defense (would be cool, but overkill perhaps)

This enables:
    • A way to easily manage out of game permissions for, say discord.
    • Track participation.
    • Identify theft or abuse.
    • Reward valuable members that may go unnoticed.
    • Lots of other useful metrics that I can't even think of right now.

These are things that gm's constantly deal with in some games and so rarely does any thought go to such an important aspect of running a guild. Usually games just dump "leaving" notices in chat and call it a day. I've seen very few games with actual audit logs for guilds.

This may be a good idea from a guild leader's point of view, but from a guild member's point of view, this is only spying on every little thing that I do so you can nit pick at every little mistake I make. From my experiences over the years is that guild leaders hardly ever, if never, reward anyone for anything. The bosses are the ones doing that, not the guild leader. Intrepid DO NOT HAVE GUILD LOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe finance logs would be ok)
  • DarkSvanDarkSvan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How difficult would it be for a player that cant play all day every day, to keep up and be semi-competitive? The game has so many awesome aspects that I am sure it is the type of game that I will want to play 24/7, yet I fear it would be difficult to keep up at a semi-competitive level for people that has a job/school or other obligations.
    Thank you!!
    DarkSvan
    IhtxymN.jpg
  • SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will family names and family summon feature relate? Can I lock a family name for my alts ex: John Soggy, Jane Soggy, etc. as part of my account, and still have family summon slots to port my seven friends? Just wanted to clarify since the wiki currently says you can only be in one family at a time.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Did you delete my pants question? It was a placeholder.

If I see someone fighting a monster what's to prevent me from jumping in the way so that the person hits me and incurs corruption?
    fNX2ISa.png

• Will summoned pets be limited to a specific number across all summoner classes or Will there be room for choosing to overwhelm your opponent by swarming them with many weak summons instead of fighting with 2-3 stronger ones?
  • QuintusQuintus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @StevenSharif

You've touched on this before, but can you once again commit to never selling more than 50% of Intrepid regardless of how many billions you may be offered?
  • EvachEvach Member
    edited September 2020
    Nodes Part 3?
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Nodes
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Religions

@LieutenantToast first two questions are optimism mostly, the 3rd question regarding religion is probably the most pertinent. (If I'm stuck to 1)
    Questions:
    1. Are there plans so that the type of player experience gained effects the node type, or will they remain static indefinitely?
    2. Could this type of experience influence the node earlier on? For example, when levelling to the encampment (stage 2) if players focused on wood gathering then a lumbermill spawns during this stage.
    3. Is religion declared for the node, or only temples within divine nodes? If it is declared for a node, is it static like node types or is it calculated like node race?
    TLDR:

Are Node types calculated only for metropolis or do other types exist earlier?
    Nodes are identified based on their NPC's at the 1st stage of development (Priest, Merchants, Guards, Scholars)

The type of experience contributing to a node effects the type of node when it levels to next stage. Can you confirm what all these traits are? Ie:

Players level a node by contributing to the experience of the node. Currently node types are static.
    Are there plans so that the type of player experience gained effects the node type?
    Or why would you decide against this?
    For example player actions, or quest choices direct the development of the node. Quest NPC may offer a list of 4 quests indicating the type of node this would primarily contribute to.
    • Military by pvp content? Or raiding other towns/npc's/caravans?
    • Scientific by exploration? Discovering new collectables, points of interest, hidden caves.
    • Divine by religion quests? Pilgramages, donations, acts of fealty.
    • Economic by quests not covered by other types? Gathering goods for trade, guarding caravans, crafting items.

Could this type of experience influence the node earlier on? For example, when levelling to the encampment (stage 2) if players focused on:
    • wood gathering forms a lumbermill
    • mining forms a smelter
    • monter hunting forms an inn or hunters guild
    • or vendors spawn that focus supplies towards that type of profession
    This refinement building can be changed in the village stage (3), but it exists initially as sort of a defining starter trait based on player interaction, rather than mayoral decision/public perception.

The race of the node
    • While difficult, is it possible to change race between stages. IE Stage 1 dwarf, has a heavy influx of human players so changes stage 2 human, then heavy influx of orcs so changes stage 3 orc, etc.

Yes, whichever race contributes the majority of experience becomes the race of the node when it levels. When it de-levels it continues as the existing race.

The religion of the node
    • is this present in all nodes or only divine nodes?
    • Is the religion decided by the leader?
    • Is the religion decided based on the most religious experience gained at the time. Similar to race?
  • GodIsHereForUGodIsHereForU Member
    edited September 2020
    Can you custom create your own religion. Not the stats and quests but can you flavor a pre existing religion like it's banner, name, and general attitude. Something about me getting with my degenerate friends and starting a Warhammer 40k cult and creating a mercenary guild around that would be the best thing ever. Holy wars are best wars.
  • AsuraAsura Member
    edited September 2020
    How do you intend to prevent overwhelming open world Raid Bosses with a high number of players and keep it challenging?
  • Titles

How does the title system work? From my understanding they are earned through achievements. You’ve mentioned that some rare and/or exclusive titles give buffs and/or benefits to the player.

Are the titles that buff limited or can some be obtained by everyone? An example could be “The Beast Slayer” title which could be obtained by anyone after killing 100 of 10 types of beast monsters and if equipped lets you do 10% more damage to beast type monsters.

One of many questions from my thread: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46288/i-have-several-questions-steve
  • I am dying to learn more about the relgion system and especially the evil deities, but i know that yall dont wanna reveal much about the lore yet. I am in a evil cultist guild atm and it's kinda hard since we dont know anything about it really so i was wondering if we could atleast get the name/domain of one of the evil things we can whorship. Keep up the good work and i love all you guys at Intrepid <3
  • FireckFireck Member
    edited September 2020
    Depth of Combat

Question with reflection:
    Will bosses and other enemies have "Stagger" like a mechanic that stuns and makes them vulnerable for increased damage after their gauge is full? If this type of mechanic is taken into account, is it also possible to add some depth to it that enables forging the increased damage even further during the stun phase, like from 130% increased damage to 150% with the right measures?
    • The staggering doesn't have to make things easier, but to give players something to aim for during a battle other than staring at the enemy's HP bar alone. This would encourage players to hone some new strategies because it's fun - focusing on enemies' vital points that credit the player with butter during a battle is a good way to go. However, I do believe that the stagger-like mechanic could be more valid and meaningful in moments when dealing with damage in numbers, which follows the MMO collaboration script. Some stuns could only be accessible that depends on the enemy and its difficulty associated with a variety of damage.
  • FireckFireck Member
    edited September 2020
    8f86893306052bbae61fc0e68abdc0a2a8c152a5_00.gif
  • FireckFireck Member
    edited September 2020
  • Will weapons be visible on the characters back/belt when out of combat?If so even smaller ones like orbs or spellbooks?What about jewelry?Wish you all the best.
  • RalizekRalizek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How many rulers have led the house of Eradal since the time of the dark fires and do they use a succession or election system?
  • WasdayWasday Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be an undead area? i.e skeletons liches zombies roaming about
  • What is the advantage of choosing to master processing? For gathering you can go out explore, for crafting you get to put your name on items. So what makes processing attractive?