Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• EverlessEverless Member
    edited August 2020
    For my first account, I am definitely going to go full Archwizard. I want to get a full taste of what the magic aspect of the game feels like. Then maybe Strider, etc.

I think pairing those classes with Py'Rai will be great.
  • I'm likely going to try High Priest and Hawkeye or Falconer first. I love playing healers but I also really like ranged classes.
  • shealyn wrote: »
    I'm likely going to try High Priest and Hawkeye or Falconer first. I love playing healers but I also really like ranged classes.

Why not Protector (cleric/ranger) or Soulbow (ranger/cleric)?
  • For me its all about the race so Tulnar and ALL classes.

/ gives a big ol' middle finger to all the races who cowardly abandoned the planet.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Really torn between Paladin, Guardian, and Argent. Until we get more information on Bard, I guess I'll stick with Paladin. I just want to be a frontline Tank/Support kind of player, and Argent sounds like the way to go.
  • Kaelar Tank, Empyrean Cleric, Ren'Kai Fighter. Most likely fighter will be my main with Cleric secondary.
  • JokkarJokkar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm thinking either Assassin or Predator. Always have enjoyed a stealth type. I'll probably test out a few different rogue/
    in beta and decide then. But I've always wanted a stealth archer so it will probably be the predator.
  • First pick will possibly be rather Shaman, High Priest or Necromancer. Definitely some healer type.
    Not decided on race yet.
    giphy.gif
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
    Terry Pratchett
  • I really wanna play a Keeper (tank summoner) Nothing like staying power and passive damage
  • I think im going to go for Tank/Tank aka Guardian , not sure about race yet but probably human or orc.
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will be a mage of some sort....sooo many options!
  • Elven falconer, and maybe a dwarf spellsword.
  • I'm looking into the Bladecaller class (Fighter/Summoner). I chose this one as it kinda sounds like the the Blade Master from Blade & Soul. Air dash (fighter charge in) and Flock of Blade (Summoner ability). It also gives off a Irelia from League of Legends vibe which visually would be really awesome to play as in a MMORPG!
    E8OOol.gif
  • BricktopBricktop Member
    edited September 2020
    Probably Tank+Cleric.
  • I love people already speculating on metas lol. Might just go full pre-alpha, anti-meta and be a Tellsword.
  • insomniainsomnia Member
    edited September 2020
    Spellsword with the teleportation augments. I recall steven said you could from 3 augments tree's when picking augmenting class. Atleast now i think it could be cool to augment my charge to have teleportation. Nr. 2, is about what i'm going for

tul%27nar1.png
  • VyceVyce Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I fell in love with support with red mages in FFXI online, so I'm really hoping to be bard. But if its not what I hope for either tank or cleric most likely.
  • Some version of a Bard, probably Soul Weaver, because I love support classes that aren't strictly healers. A Necromancer because...well it's a necromancer, enough said. Last but not least, some version of a Tank because it's just too useful to pass up in MMOs because everyone wants to be a DPS.

It's hard to say for sure until we see more about just how the classes play.
  • Shadowmancer tulnar
  • Most likely assassin (rogue-rogue), because I am looking for crit based gameplay with heavy emphasis on cooldown windows. So whatever combination of archetypes gets me closest to this wins to be my main. Being an elf-like race would be great as well
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shadowmancer tulnar

giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    For me its all about the race so Tulnar and ALL classes.

/ gives a big ol' middle finger to all the races who cowardly abandoned the planet.

giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • It's definitely gonna be duelist or some kind of bard class
  • I've always been the healer in MMOs so I'm obviously tempted to go that. However I belong to a Naval guild so I'm tempted to go Bard so I can be the musician of the crew Brook form One Piece Style!
    Join our Pirate Crew : the Sharktooth Pirates! Let's have an adventure on the seas of Verra and kill our enemies!

https://discord.gg/gFuVBPdBRa
  • Primary: Archwizard (Mage/Mage)
    Secondary: Depending on class utility either Shadow Caster(Mage/Rouge) or Acolyte (Mage/Cleric)
  • High Priest ftw!!!!!
  • MakiiiMakiii Member, Phoenix Initiative, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Definitely spellstone/spellshield whatever they are calling it now. I've never seen a well done attempt at mage tank even though I have always wanted one.
  • MakiiiMakiii Member, Phoenix Initiative, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    darthaden wrote: »
    Most likely a mage during Alpha. I'll probably spend at least a few hours playing every main class during the beta though. What I play at launch will depend on what class feels the best to me during the beta.

I like this approach. Through all the Alpha/Beta we should have a solid feel of your favorite class.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    High Priest, but I'm curious how the Cleric/Tank and Cleric/Summoner will play out.

Dunir or Kaeler.
  • Does anyone know if there will be a sinergy between your augments (secondary archetype based) and the primary archetype of other players?

Like for example: if your’re a Keeper, you enhance the tankiness of the pets of your fellow Summoner; if you’re a Warden, you can guard your faraway fellow Rangers; and so on.