Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will we be able to use 2handed weapons together with shields

My question centers around the concept of weapons and how you are able to utilize them/ use them with one another. Will I, for example, be able to use a spear and a shield at the same time like how they were used in actual medieval warfare? In every MMO that I've played I have never been able to utilize both 2 handed weapons and shields at the same time even though it's historically acurate to be able to. I hope you can answer my question and take it into consideration ^_^

Comments

• sarkadosarkado Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If I had to guess my answer to you would be this.
    1 handed spear + shield (YES)
    2 handed spear + shield (NO)
    2 Handed Anything + Shield (NO)

Unless one of the classes "Fighter + Fighter = Weapons Master" gets a special trait, I don't see that being an option.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Let me guess you just saw the Shadiversity video
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Hiya! Looks like some folks above already got you some helpful answers, in terms of the distinctions being based on whether the weapon was categorized as 1H or 2H in-game! You can check out more on where we've discussed some possibilities for weapons (though this is certainly not an exhaustive list) over on the helpful community-run wiki here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Weapons

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.