Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

API DX12/Vulcan support and min system requiments?

Seeing as it's still pre alpha phase. with a couple of years likely development cycle.

Will AoC support the new dx12/Vulcan API.

I have played enough mmo's to know how poor optimization can cripple in game performance even on the high end systems to a slide show of particle effects and skill latency.

More modern computers are shifting workloads towards multiple threads.

I would like to get some clarification also on what can be expected as a Minimum spec PC for AoC?

Cheers,

Comments

• The closest you will get to any sort of minimum specs would be to look at the specs for the unreal4 engine, since that is what the game is being programmed in. The recommended specs for unreal4 are as follows:

Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
    NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
    8 GB RAM

Aside from that, we honestly don't know what the specs will be like, or if dx12 will be supported.
  • Unreal 4 has Vulcan support, so I am curious if it will be utilized as multi threaded optimization gains have been made using it.

That info is so out of date as it specifies 'recomended' hardware that is over 5 years old.
    And considering an MMO's demands i doubt those specs would cut it.

But it could be considered bare minimum.
  • It's a good question for the devs.

Is it Vulcan going to be implemented as a choice of graphic API to render your game?
  • https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Recommended_Hardware
    That gives you base thru dev system.

But we are talking 2 years or more in the future where a lot can change.
    They said in stream they were amazed to be getting 60fps on a gtx970 in intensive areas.
    Aside from that, many of the graphic effects will have on/off or slider options.

IMHO I think a midrange gaming rig should play exceptionally well.
    But I wouldnt invest in upgrades until nearer the time.
  • Hello,

Thanks for your input.

It's not about when a game will be release but rather what kind of API will be available. We will be going to have alpha and beta testing as well.

Some people can buy new GPU this year and some of them run better on Vulcan and other can run better on DX11/12.

Also, we don't know if the game is based on DX 11 or 12.
  • All I am saying is they are not going to release any system requirements until they 'know' what kind of load they will generate.
    They cant know that until all systems are in place and thoroughly tested.

They could pull a figure out of the air....but then everyone would be back with pitchforks when they take that guesstimate as a factual truth and it doesn't work out to be sufficient.
    So they wont do it.
  • It's not about system requirements. It's more about which API they are going to support.
    This has to be done before not in the end.
    I will ask this question on the discord. I'm not sure if they are even looking here ;)