Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When will intrepid become public, or how else can i invest?

How can invest in the studio?

Comments

• Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The day Intrepid goes public is the day I quit any and all support I have for the game. Having to answer to Stockholders goes directly against the "made for gamers" mindset Steven and the Devs have sold to us.

If you want to invest then purchase the monthly cosmetics found in the store.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Short answer. You can't. Steven has been asked this a couple times. Latest was this week. He responded as he always has. He has no plans to take the company public and is not looking for outside investors. Publicly traded companies have a legal responsibility to put profits for investors first and can get in all sorts of trouble when they don't. This is what drives many of the big players in the gaming sphere to ignore good practices and instead try to monetize their games with some of the scummiest gacha and hit artificial deadlines to keep investors happy and regulators off their backs.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Shareholders are the death of creativity and art. The very system is based on short term profit, not long term success. Being accountable to investors like that makes it so that release dates are pushed into windows that will maximize short term profit wether the game/expansions etc. is in a complete state or not. It simply removes a lot of the agency the developers have. My confidence in this project would shatter immediately if they ever went publicly traded. It ruins game companies and is always to the detriment to the consumer, no matter how nice it is for the company to have access to more funds.
    vH8mBZL.gif
  • Options
    Hey there! Looks like some helpful folks above shared some details on what our team has stated before on this front. If you'd like to help contribute to our team and get access to early testing alongside some in-game goodies (though this is not really an "investment" per se), you can always check out some of the pre-order packs we currently have available in our Shop!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.