Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Woe Within the Woodlands

2»

Comments

• Nagash wrote: »
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my bone set in the post

I was hoping for more skulls than the 40k universe.

I don't think that's possible

You have to believe
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Nice Spooky Vibe, Keep it 100.
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    edited October 2020
    Dolyem wrote: »
    I was hoping for something much more spooky. Still looks awesome as far as content goes...but was really banking on some super Halloween content. Honestly the red and black nightmare pack makes this look like childs play in terms of scary. Regardless, the artwork does look fantastic and it is a cool idea, my constructive feedback is for next October to go all in on the horror aspect of October and halloween.

Don't worry. We'll have spooky stuff for you. I was directed to avoid an evil theme when I was designing the set for this one. =P

T Elf wrote: »
    @MargaretKrohn or @LieutenantToast a couple of questions about the cosmetics:

1. Does the mount make noises? cause it says it creaks
    2. Does the costume come with the wand? as that really makes the outfit complete; if not, how would you go about getting it?
    3. Does your hair and/or face also change with the costume?
    4. Will your feet show with the costume?

1. Most mounts make noises. I'll definitely push for it to make some cool creaky noises! (But due note, the text that is on each items is lore text, so might not always be important for your cosmetic item.)
    2. Weapons do not come with costumes - this is noted in the article and on the shop items.
    3. Nope. You just get the costume parts from head to toe.
    4. Yes, your character will have feet. lol. =P (They might be more covered when you're standing idle vs doing an ability or movement action.)
    loghan wrote: »
    Does the Caravan Skin come with the mount skin shown in the picture or would you have to also buy the mount skin to match to the separately purchased Caravan skin?
    You get both as one item skin. Basic concept is that you will put your caravan together and then add the caravan skin onto it which will change the appearance of the mount and carriage.

Hope these answers help! <3
    marketing.gif
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    edited October 2020
    Sokken wrote: »
    I know that Steven said these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes, but it's not a statement that alleviate any doubts I have until I at least can see the models.
    Sokken wrote: »
    If you swapped out these deals less frequently and showcased some actual models, even in an unfinished state, it would make the entire marketing concept seem less sketchy at face value for newcomers to this project.

Ah, you must not check out our monthly Development Updates! We showcase a lot of the items on there and often variants of them as well! ;)

We also have a video series that we'll start picking back up when we are out of lockdown that we use to showcase the creation of the creatures and we even show them in-game.

Check those out here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyBXnS4gfcxMb8jV0uTI0zV6Cj7uFajpd

marketing.gif
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi @MargaretKrohn :smile:

As always you make the skins way too nice, but I really do wish you'd add the exact freehold building type the skins are for. The current Hovel of the Faded could be for the main housing building I suppose, but last months The Blazing Gate has to be something else. Is it a smelter? Forge? Honestly, we don't really know what building we are buying the skin for, and that is a real problem. This also goes for the ship skins, albeit to a lesser extent.

So while the above is the most important issue, I would also like to know if we will be able to get matching skins for the entire freehold? The Faded Hovel looks very cool as a stand-alone, but as a main building combined with a bunch of other styles of structures on the freehold, it might look out of place. I really hope we can get matching styles/skins for the entire freehold.
  • Thanks ever so much for the reply Margaret, you're the best!
    And yeah, agree with @Nerror message above, that'd be a nice add to the descriptions.
  • DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I was thinking the Blazing Gate might be a shrine for religions.
  • Lore DynamicLore Dynamic Member
    edited October 2020
    Yay! I got it.

:p

The ambiance of this pack really appealed to me. Happy to finally be a part of this growing community!

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Nerror wrote: »
    As always you make the skins way too nice, but I really do wish you'd add the exact freehold building type the skins are for. The current Hovel of the Faded could be for the main housing building I suppose, but last months The Blazing Gate has to be something else. Is it a smelter? Forge? Honestly, we don't really know what building we are buying the skin for, and that is a real problem. This also goes for the ship skins, albeit to a lesser extent.

Yeah, we are 100% with you on this and as soon as we are provided further information regarding those details, we'll start including them in our future set descriptions. <3
    Nerror wrote: »
    So while the above is the most important issue, I would also like to know if we will be able to get matching skins for the entire freehold? The Faded Hovel looks very cool as a stand-alone, but as a main building combined with a bunch of other styles of structures on the freehold, it might look out of place. I really hope we can get matching styles/skins for the entire freehold.

They might not be through these cosmetic sets, but there will be other items in the world that will match, so have fun exploring and finding them!

marketing.gif
  • "Mourning Wood" gear I see.

Hehe

Aight, imma see myself out now
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Is this set only part of the pre order packages or can one get this separately?
  • jesmo wrote: »
    Is this set only part of the pre order packages or can one get this separately?

Exclusive to this pack for this set of time.
    marketing.gif
  • PeybolasPeybolas Member, Alpha One
    Nerror wrote: »
    Hi @MargaretKrohn :smile:

I agree with you with both questions. I found this post by searching if anybody knows where each skin will fit in, because I don't want to buy something I don't know what it will be used for. Meanwhile I'll wait for the devs to add the exact description of each skin in order to buy one of these packs.
  • Peybolas wrote: »

I agree with you with both questions. I found this post by searching if anybody knows where each skin will fit in, because I don't want to buy something I don't know what it will be used for. Meanwhile I'll wait for the devs to add the exact description of each skin in order to buy one of these packs.
    As previously stated, we'll be adding that information once the Design Team finalizes more of the Freehold building details. We'll update the previous items and going forward will keep you informed of the new ones as they come.

We're just waiting on the final info on that front, but we've heard the request and we're working on it. <3
    marketing.gif
  • I regret deeply that I missed this one...