Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Delete topic please.

Delete topic please.

Comments

• Anyone who say they arent a little crazy in some way is probably crazy anyway right ?
    Anyway, the boundaries between insanity and genius are said to be rather blurred for a reason.
    :D

Oh Boy...thats some wall of text.
    I'll get back to that later.
    Promise.
  • there's a lot of text, so be sure you have enough time.
    sadly, I don't rn.
  • That's why I added the word "list" in the topic title. It's not long right now though, it's just more detailed, those are just 3 suggestion topics of the list, I'll try to organize it better later on though.
    I apologize if it's too long, but I shall not put chains to limit them! (Ω―Ω)
  • So you mean every players gets a tri-state flag.
    They can declare themselves passive, neutral, aggressive.
    Rather than have the system do it for them.

The problem i see with that is people can switch from state to state at leisure.
    And thus game/exploit the system with ease.
    Eg I switch from aggressive to passive mid-fight because I dont like losing.
    Theres others, but the point is giving the players control over this, also gives them the ability to abuse it.

Duelling as a 1st past the post system rather than unto death.....dont mind.
    Has its merits. Especially with death penalties.

Player based betting on outcomes of events.
    I have no issue with this, or rather had no issues until the onset of the stock market.
    Read only metrics to garner progress is not the same as write aspects that influence events (eg stocks/shares).

Corporeal vs Ethereal damage/energy.
    The greatest problem is nearly always an OR function is used.
    You suck at one or you suck at both when you try and hybrid.
    There is no AND mechanism in the system so no facility to balance them properly.
    eg Energy vs Strength rather than
    Energy skills vs energy/strength compound skills vs strengths skill
    No company to date, has addressed this properly.
    A or B or C or D
    A & B balanced
    A & C balanced
    A & D balanced
    B & C balanced
    B & D balanced
    C & D balanced
    A & B & C balanced
    A & B & D balanced
    A & C & D balanced
    B & C & D balanced
    A & B & C & D balanced
    Thats only 4 attributes, but it actually defines 16 potential distinct hybrid classes.

Are you talking about tuning weapons to class as a secondary rather than secondary skills ?
    Didnt quite follow that.

Attack speed.
    This is another area where many modern games are broken by animation cancelling.
    Any finely balanced system that are speed dependant are instantly broken and unbalanced.
    Many system are based of cost/hit with preset cool-down rather than damage/second.
    Until system fully utilise dps hps or mps as the basis of costing,
    you can never really have a truly dynamic system.
    That means things like power vs speed has to be intimately related compound attribute.
    Raising one lowers the other to keep the dps and costing in check.

TL;DR
    I think Ashes has already gone a long way to what you desire.
    I dont think their system design can accommodate the rest from what we know.
  • <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/suggestions-list-ingame-content-mechanics/#post-25725">Rune_Relic wrote:</a></div>So you mean every players gets a tri-state flag.
    They can declare themselves passive, neutral, aggressive.
    Rather than have the system do it for them.

The problem i see with that is people can switch from state to state at leisure.
    And thus game/exploit the system with ease.
    Eg I switch from aggressive to passive mid-fight because I dont like losing.
    Theres others, but the point is giving the players control over this, also gives them the ability to abuse it.

Duelling as a 1st past the post system rather than unto death…..dont mind.
    Has its merits. Especially with death penalties.

Player based betting on outcomes of events.
    I have no issue with this, or rather had no issues until the onset of the stock market.
    Read only metrics to garner progress is not the same as write aspects that influence events (eg stocks/shares).

Corporeal vs Ethereal damage/energy.
    The greatest problem is nearly always an OR function is used.
    You suck at one or you suck at both when you try and hybrid.
    There is no AND mechanism in the system so no facility to balance them properly.
    eg Energy vs Strength rather than
    Energy skills vs energy/strength compound skills vs strengths skill
    No company to date, has addressed this properly.
    A or B or C or D
    A & B balanced
    A & C balanced
    A & D balanced
    B & C balanced
    B & D balanced
    C & D balanced
    A & B & C balanced
    A & B & D balanced
    A & C & D balanced
    B & C & D balanced
    A & B & C & D balanced
    Thats only 4 attributes, but it actually defines 16 potential distinct hybrid classes.

Are you talking about tuning weapons to class as a secondary rather than secondary skills ?
    Didnt quite follow that.

Attack speed.
    This is another area where many modern games are broken by animation cancelling.
    Any finely balanced system that are speed dependant are instantly broken and unbalanced.
    Many system are based of cost/hit with preset cool-down rather than damage/second.
    Until system fully utilise dps hps or mps as the basis of costing,
    you can never really have a truly dynamic system.
    That means things like power vs speed has to be intimately related compound attribute.
    Raising one lowers the other to keep the dps and costing in check.

TL;DR
    I think Ashes has already gone a long way to what you desire.
    I dont think their system design can accommodate the rest from what we know.

</blockquote>

Sorry if it offends you, but did you even read it properly? Your whole text don't make much sense to me about what I wrote, can you read it again and see if it's that I made a mistake I'm not aware of? (Since I can't find it...)
    Also, about attack speed, I didn't intend it to break the game, but you can't make a agility based class like a rogue to have the same speed as a tank or a mage, can you? It would take away the immersive touch instantly, I mean, Hunter/Assassin/Ranger classes always are faster than most other classes, be it in evading and/or movement/attack speed, I don't see how it would break the game.
    So well, can you give me more detailed info based on what AoC devs have said in all their livestream so far? (My suggestions and ideas are mostly based on what they've said so far).
  • @Rune_Relic Please, read carefully or at least properly, if you can't understand it then maybe you should watch all livestreams the devs have done so far (My suggestions and ideas are based on what they have said so far). I can't understand anything of what you commented (except for attack speed which you misunderstood quite a bit).
  • Oh well.
    Communication is 50% explanation and 50% comprehension.
    so...I guess I dont understand.
    /shrugs
  • This user is some game company spy or some kind of really salty hater, he’s only been doing negative posts with no base or proofs, all based on his own opinion or the “assumption” style of talking (As no proof and just talk).
  • Here comes again, the lord of wisdom that always make a stupid topic based on speculations of what “could” or “may” be of the game. It seems you have a lot of free time, why don’t you go study a bit more? It’s never bad to keep learning in life, maybe you could learn how to stop making stupid pointless topics and enjoy your life without bothering on forums ^^.
  • @Seth1996 That's just downright rude. I understand you feel that it's meant just to start flame wars, but please calm yourself. in the eyes of @atsukai , the post is completely reasonable and (s)he should be allowed to express it.
This discussion has been closed.