Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Creative Director’s Letter

edited January 2021 in Announcements
AOC_Biomes_Tropical_sketch17_v002__1_.jpg

Glorious Ashes of Creation community - our Creative Director's Letter is now available!

Alpha One dates, development updates, and more! https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2020-10-16-creative-directors-letter
community_management.gif

Comments

• gunmandude2gunmandude2 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Oh wow! I can't wait to see all the great things to come!
  • O.o looks sick
  • This looks like a delay to me.
    I'm not in a1 and I was looking forward to see footage from players later this year, but the NDA is going to stay for four more months.
    Disappointing.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sent wrote: »
    This looks like a delay to me.
    I'm not in a1 and I was looking forward to see footage from players later this year, but the NDA is going to stay for four more months.
    Disappointing.

how is this a delay when they never gave time in the first place? take it from an alpha 1 player I'm happy for a timesheet.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • SentSent Member
    edited October 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    how is this a delay when they never gave time in the first place? take it from an alpha 1 player I'm happy for a timesheet.
    I agree, the roadmap is good news indeed.

In the 2019-12-13 CD letter it says: "The Alpha One experience will not be under NDA, so our glorious community will be able to watch along as our Alpha One testers take their first steps into Verra."
    But pre-test 1 & 2 are going to be under NDA.
    There's an NDA lifting delay. That's what I was referring to in my previous post.

Let me read a bit into this.
    NDA means that the game is not ready to be shown to the public.
    It could be they are less optimistic now than they where in December of last year.
    Or it could be they are just more prudent now.
  • The timeline image was a little misleading. The way it reads is that there is nothing planned after April/March of 2020 but the text says the next Alpha is in Feb 2021, since the timeline bar under the graphics shows 2021 at the very end where nothing has actually reached it. Unfortunate that there's no one else being allowed access for another 5 months at least though :neutral:
  • While the Pre-Alpha One tests are under NDA he does not plan to leave us completely of the loop - as he states in his letter, "This schedule will include Alpha One testers for a 4-day stress test starting on December 18, 2020. Now this first test will remain under NDA, as there will still likely be some considerable polish and bug fixing necessary. I will of course provide some recorded footage of the event so the community at large can see the testing"

So the NDA is in place for the pre-alpha testing because they know their are going to be unforeseen challenges during these pre-alpha tests - these challenges are to be expected because they are taking a system that previously ran only in a closed environment, their internal testers, and opening it up to an environment where any machine, with any system specifications, will interact with it. Their will be players with high-speed internet connections, players with barely-make-it internet connections, players with bleeding edge tech computers, players with minimum requirement computers. Through these testing phases, all the way up through the beta, they will be performance tuning their product so when it opens up players from all stripes of life can have an enjoyable experience in the game.

I find the Creative Directors letter very encouraging because it means their programmers and internal testers are now confident enough with the current state of the game that they are willing to give us some set times for our own personal tests.
  • Dukem96Dukem96 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    Anyone know if theres a deadline on upgrading to braver?

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Jet wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres a deadline on upgrading to braver?

I don't think there is a limit on upgrading
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Hiya! As a few folks shared some feedback regarding the year at the bottom of the timeline being a bit confusing, the image in the article has been updated accordingly!

We can't wait for folks to join us for these upcoming tests! <3
    community_management.gif
  • I'll fletch some arrows in the meantime