Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

PLEASE launch on Steam!!!

I understand devs don't like to host on steam because of the microtransaction profitability/steam taking a cut, but I and many others are desperately hoping this game will be on Steam for a few reasons:
Not only is it very very very easy to purchase microtransactions through Steam, but people can also use steam funds/gift cards towards them too. Moreso, I know this is mainly just a personal preference but I, among many other players, don't enjoy having 10 different launchers and libraries just for a single or couple of games.
It is also nice and convenient to track hours played and achievements through Steam. Not to mention you can quickly see which of your friends are playing quickly, whereas otherwise you really would have no idea if your current steam friends are playing the game or not and it is not realistic to go through 100+ people and ask if they are playing/want to join a guild. In that sense it is practically free advertising and it opens the game up to the largest player base possible.
I genuinely think offering Steam support will outweigh the 30% cut steam takes by simply gaining exposure to many many more players (featured pages) and free advertising to millions. Please consider this <3

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have already said no
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They've said categorically it wont be on steam. I doubt this will change.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    layneti wrote: »
    I genuinely think offering Steam support will outweigh the 30% cut steam takes by simply gaining exposure to many many more players (featured pages) and free advertising to millions. Please consider this <3

If they already own 5% to Epic Games for the fee on Unreal
    And you want them to give up 30% to Steam
    And they owe 30% in taxes

I'm not sure you are considering there isn't a whole lot left for them to actually make money
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Are you dense? That is exactly why I am giving reasons that it would benefit the playerbase in hopes they consider it....

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Are you dense? That is exactly why I am giving reasons that it would benefit the playerbase in hopes they consider it....

And I'm just telling you what the devs have said
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Jahlon wrote: »

If they already own 5% to Epic Games for the fee on Unreal
    And you want them to give up 30% to Steam
    And they owe 30% in taxes

I'm not sure you are considering there isn't a whole lot left for them to actually make money

You fail to understand the advantages of player exposure...

Steam officially recorded an average number of 90 and 95 million monthly active players in 2018 and 2019 respectively. ... On the other hand, as of June 2020, Epic Games Store has recorded an average peak of 13 million concurrent users.

If it wasn't worth it then there would be 0 mmorpgs on steam and that is obviously not the case. New World is the only other Western mmorpg in the works that anyone is interested in and they will be launching on steam and reaping the advantages. Guild Wars 2 is coming this year as well.

• Hi there - you can check out where we've discussed our plans regarding Steam before in our helpful knowledge base article here: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034428993-Will-Ashes-of-Creation-MMORPG-be-on-Steam-

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.