Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes corrupted node suggestion

CovauCovau Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
I want to suggest a node for corrupted players where they can conduct business as such. A tortuga of sorts. I believe currently corrupted players won't be able to enter a node and use npc's which makes cashing in your loot difficult. With a dedicated node you may end up with guilds full of corrupted players, and treaties signed with regular guilds to move merchandise out for a share of profits.

I cut my teeth on Lineage 2 and my experience was that not a lot of players went "Red" (corrupted) due to the high risk nature of it. In fact I knew a few players who had toons perma red specifically for that purpose and they would go kill someone then log out somewhere until the toon was next needed.

If not enough players are actively going corrupted then I'm concerned the bounty hunter system won't have the impact people are excited about. A dedicated node would essentially provide some safety in numbers and tick the "chaotic evil" box that some players prefer when RP'ing. It also opens up to a more active bounty hunter system.

I'm keen to hear others thoughts on this.

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah this was asked a while back (i will see if I can find the source) but the devs have already said no to the idea of outlaw towns.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They already confirmed this. We call it Elfton or Shorty Shire.
    You know any place NOT in the styling of the Mighty and Glorious Tulnar. >:)
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread moved from Community Creations to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Yeah I thought this would be a good idea until I dug a bit deeper into the systems. Essentially Corrupted players are going to be so rare that such a system wouldn't work in addition to the stance against corrupted gameplay in the first place.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    "Floran Village".
    It's good for PK to have a refuge for essential functions, but not full on.
  • I really like this idea because it reminds me of the Pirate island in Archeage. Even though everyone could kill each other there was a truce and alliances between the players.

Even if it wasn't a "corrupted" node, just the idea of a neutral node would benefit the game I think. Maybe adding the Mayor's functionality to have a White List or Black List for which players are KoS from the NPCs. (I.e. corrupted players not being attacked.)
  • I think the point of not doing this is to further discourage Corruption, which they've put into the game to discourage griefing. They don't want Corrupted players to have an easy time in cities/nodes. Giving them a city where they're free and safe seems to go against that principle.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    I think the point of not doing this is to further discourage Corruption, which they've put into the game to discourage griefing. They don't want Corrupted players to have an easy time in cities/nodes. Giving them a city where they're free and safe seems to go against that principle.

well if you think about it, if they made a city for corrupted it would basically be a nursery home for old sickly people that could easily be taken due to the stat reduction.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I think the point of not doing this is to further discourage Corruption, which they've put into the game to discourage griefing. They don't want Corrupted players to have an easy time in cities/nodes. Giving them a city where they're free and safe seems to go against that principle.

well if you think about it, if they made a city for corrupted it would basically be a nursery home for old sickly people that could easily be taken due to the stat reduction.

An old sickly home full of experienced and determined PvPers who've built their characters into killing machines! Not something I'd call "easy". Hahahaha! I want some of them defending MY node!
    Sathrago wrote: »

An old sickly home full of experienced and determined PvPers who've built their characters into killing machines! Not something I'd call "easy". Hahahaha! I want some of them defending MY node!

The sad story in most games is that you can never defeat the green tide.... Skill can only go so far.
  • but corrupted players can use npc services in every town.

As long as they can avoid the guards and players.
  • Warth wrote: »
    but corrupted players can use npc services in every town.

Well that's why rogues will be very popular like always for such corrupted activities.

Will guards be killable?
    Warth wrote: »

Will guards be killable?

probably. Unkillable entities in MMORPG have never been fun. Will you be able to kill them alone? prolly not.

Will guards be killable?

probably. Unkillable entities in MMORPG have never been fun. Will you be able to kill them alone? prolly not.

And, do you think that killing Guards should give Corruption?!
  • Intrepid doesn't want players to feel "chaotic evil" with corruption, a corrupt player is not some kind of outlaw that works in the shadows doing sketchy jobs, a corrupt player is a douchebag that harass newbies and kill the enjoyment of low level players.So you would never want to dive too deep in the corruption and as soon as you get corrupted (because figthing for loot or a farming spot) you should seek to clean your soul and stop being red as soon as possible

Will guards be killable?

And, do you think that killing Guards should give Corruption?!

no, why should it?
    You aren't killing any players. They are mere npcs.
    no, why should it?
    You aren't killing any players. They are mere npcs.

Was just curious where you saw the role of Guard. I don't think it should, either. So, if you could pick off the nearby guards, you could make a "safe" zone for yourself, assuming there were no Bounty Hunter types around.
  • AmmaAmma Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think guards are defending the city at a siege, so they should be able to die, but they should be stronger than a normal player i think, so that you would need at least a small group of 3 or 4 people. Otherwise no one could take them serious.
  • Maybe guards will increase in level with the node stage so that metropolis guards will be way stronger than village guards.
  • Sashocku wrote: »
    Maybe guards will increase in level with the node stage so that metropolis guards will be way stronger than village guards.

Sounds sensible and perfectly plausible.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What if the guard's strength/number of guards protecting the metropolis depends on how much funding the mayor puts toward it?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Ya Corrupted isn't equivalent to like bandits or anything. They are like an infection to the very world itself. So there isn't going to be anything in the game to make their life easier.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East