Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Extra Life Stream Lore Incentives

Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I have a question for y'all. Two of the incentive milestones for the upcoming Extra Life Stream are "Ashes of Creation Lore Unlocked". What kind of lore would you all like to see unlocked through these incentives?
volunteer_moderator.gif

Comments

• 1) Lore on the Divine Gateways.
    2) Lore on the Tulnar
    3) Lore on Sanctus
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1) Lore on the Others
    2) Lore on corruption
    3) Lore on the Harbingers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2020
    Odd one but I would like to know why creatures can be mixed and matched so easily with animal husbandry. If there is no lore reason I understand, just curious.

I would also like a more in depth explanation on how corruption took root and ultimately booted the bois off the planet.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Odd one but I would like to know why creatures can be mixed and matched so easily with animal husbandry. If there is no lore reason I understand, just curious.

I would also like a more in depth explanation on how corruption took root and ultimately booted the bois off the planet.

If there is a lore reason for the animal husbandry aside from "it's magic" that would certainly be interesting indeed.

I personally would leave anything to do with corruption for the game itself, as that is the core storyline of Ashes and why we are returning to Verra in the first place.
    volunteer_moderator.gif

If there is a lore reason for the animal husbandry aside from "it's magic" that would certainly be interesting indeed.

I personally would leave anything to do with corruption for the game itself, as that is the core storyline of Ashes and why we are returning to Verra in the first place.

But I need my grimdark lore fix
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Sathrago wrote: »

I know... but idk what else to ask about really. Maybe they could tell us how the races view each other?
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

You have Warhammer 40k on the brain man :P
    volunteer_moderator.gif

You have Warhammer 40k on the brain man :P

Well Warhammer in general, but the lore in apoc was so good so I want more of that :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• AmmaAmma Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Gods: More about all the 10 gods and how they interacted with the ancients and later with the other 4 races.
    2. Sanctus: What was sanctus? A Planet? A bubble in time and space? Something completely different?
    3. Is now everything better in Verra than before? Is that the reason we are going back? Is there another reason? What changed?
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020
    Amma wrote: »
    1. Gods: More about all the 10 gods and how they interacted with the ancients and later with the other 4 races.
    2. Sanctus: What was sanctus? A Planet? A bubble in time and space? Something completely different?
    3. Is now everything better in Verra than before? Is that the reason we are going back? Is there another reason? What changed?

Yeah, would be good to know more about the pantheon of gods. Don't think we've been introduced to all of them, yet.

And yeah, I agree. Why are we going back? Why have the portals opened? Has the reborn goddess of creation opened them up, or have the Ancients opened them to enslave us all?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Amma wrote: »

Yeah, would be good to know more about the pantheon of gods. Don't think we've been introduced to all of them, yet.

And yeah, I agree. Why are we going back? Why have the portals opened? Has the reborn goddess of creation opened them up, or have the Ancients opened them to enslave us all?

They've only been talked about very briefly. We know some of the names and what they represent but that's it. We don't even know the names of the 3 that were banished as far as I know. Definitely would be good to get some more information on them.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • I agree the gods would be great but......[chant it with me now] TULNAR, TULNAR, TULNAR! Queek!
    as I skulk back into the shadows I continue the chant.....TULNAR, Tulnar, tulnar..........tulnar
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Tulnar, Tulnar, Tul..... Wha... huh? Damn, that's catchy! :p
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I agree the gods would be great but......[chant it with me now] TULNAR, TULNAR, TULNAR! Queek!
    as I skulk back into the shadows I continue the chant.....TULNAR, Tulnar, tulnar..........tulnar

I have a feeling we won't see much Tulnar lore until the Tulnar themselves are revealed in say, the character creation screen. Could be wrong though.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    At this point, anything other than the recycled years of lore will do.
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I agree the gods would be great but......[chant it with me now] TULNAR, TULNAR, TULNAR! Queek!

I have a feeling we won't see much Tulnar lore until the Tulnar themselves are revealed in say, the character creation screen. Could be wrong though.

So you don't think we will even get the Tulnar info like we have all the other races until what, Beta? That seems a bit harsh considering they ARE the 9th race after all. :/
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • IreriIreri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    I would like to learn about some points of interest that may be found in the game and their lore. It gives us something to go out and find. It could be ruins or a cave system or even a hidden waterfall that can be located if you follow the clues given. Maybe some teasers in the lore locations that hint at exotic plants or animals. You could even foreshadow some locations; for example, the glen of so-and-so is watched over to make sure her creations are not disturbed.
    As mentioned above, more details about the various religions. I wouldn't mind learning the lore of how augments came about either.

So you don't think we will even get the Tulnar info like we have all the other races until what, Beta? That seems a bit harsh considering they ARE the 9th race after all. :/

Perhaps, but remember that the Tulnar only appeared after the other races left Verra the first time, meaning their entire existence could well be tied directly to whatever happened during our absence, which is something we are going to learn in the game itself.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    ireri wrote: »
    I would like to learn about some points of interest that may be found in the game and their lore. It gives us something to go out and find. It could be ruins or a cave system or even a hidden waterfall that can be located if you follow the clues given. Maybe some teasers in the lore locations that hint at exotic plants or animals. You could even foreshadow some locations; for example, the glen of so-and-so is watched over to make sure her creations are not disturbed.
    As mentioned above, more details about the various religions. I wouldn't mind learning the lore of how augments came about either.

As an avid explorer in mmorpgs that would be very cool to see.
    volunteer_moderator.gif

Perhaps, but remember that the Tulnar only appeared after the other races left Verra the first time, meaning their entire existence could well be tied directly to whatever happened during our absence, which is something we are going to learn in the game itself.

so what you are saying is because we have no info on them we could mistake them as monsters and kill them all? Sounds good to me
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• I have a question for y'all. Two of the incentive milestones for the upcoming Extra Life Stream are "Ashes of Creation Lore Unlocked". What kind of lore would you all like to see unlocked through these incentives?

I'd love to see some base class lore unlocked.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts

so what you are saying is because we have no info on them we could mistake them as monsters and kill them all? Sounds good to me

:(
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I heard people talk about the Tulnar.
    We all know that we should at least know the three races that make them up.
    4th try this Q&A asking for it, and 4th time they didnt pick it as a question. Q.Q
    a6XEiIf.gif