Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, October 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Will there be a mechanic to encourage green players to go in to combatant(purple) player other than reducing death penalty ? or is there will be a mechanic like slight exp bonus/loot bonus for killing mobs/questing while staying flagged as pvp to encourage world pvp?

so a player who roam for world pvp surprise attack will there be a reason to see enough purple players in the world. or will players be always green because they have no reason to stay in flagged for world pvp ?

• as a player with ganking play style would love to see some purple players in the world. will there be a system like in wow to encourage players to stay flagged as pvp. like slight bonus/loot from mobs for staying flagged as pvp?
  • I think one of the most important thing to keep the whole world interesting in all levels and every area ist the economy/Craft Material/Money. Do you have already a Strategy how you keep a need for every (low level) kind of Material? Will you keep low Mats in high level Recipes? Will there be rare drops in low level Areas wich are also needed at the Endgame?
  • LobotomyLobotomy Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm interested in player run taverns. specifically I heard their will be "parlor" games (dice, cards).
    My question is will the card games be gambling games or strategy games.. i.e. Poker/Mahjong or MTG(from wizards of the coast)/Hearthstone(from WoW). and can people wager on games with in game certificates(gold/stacks of wool)? Can I "go all in" in poker. can I wager on a dice game(ship/captain/crew).

thank you for your time.. i think it would be fun to bring 7-10 players(from my guild)to a local tavern, and sit at a table to play poker and chat in voice chat. in the game. and we could buy food and drink from the tavern or pay time to the tavern for siting at the poker table.
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What type of stat modifiers will we be seeing on gear? and how many stats usually roll on mid and high tier gear?
  • Hello, I'm from Brazil and I really hope intrepid will bring the game here. So, I'd like to ask you guys to talk more about naval combat. Will it be something like sea of thieves, where we have cannons on the boat, where the sea monsters destroys your ship (or even other players ship), but you still can repair during the battle? How will it be? Thank you.
  • i have a question about lore involved with questing chains.
    could we expect in ashes of creation to do some quests that have lore in them and then have the quest break and or reopen depending on the node size. IE. coud i hear about a "legendary sasquatch" in a node tier 1 and find clues about this legendary beast in node tier 4, then would have to wait untill the node was back down to tier 2 to find the. remainder of the quest.. could work with "legendary treasure maps" also.. where it seems like your always chasing clues to the treasure and it seams you would never find the treasure... a myth.... poof gone in the wind.. fairy tales... that may really be true?
  • Is it actually possible to have a „vendor style“ gameplay?

I’ve been dreaming about the possibility to actually set up my own little shop for people to gear up, get their flasks and other needs and me actually managing a little cornerstore for people to get their stuff in an mmo.

If it is possible, will there be in game mechanics that support this playstyle? (Having the possibility through some mechanic to sell better stuff than others, invest your earned money into expansion of your Sortiment, maybe even some form of „marketing“ of your own shop?)
  • DaddySteveDaddySteve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will the mailing system work? Will we be able to send and receive items and currency via mail?
  • How would a Tank augment work with the other classes, especially with archetypes that are considered "squishy" like the mage or cleric? Will Augments give them temporary boosts to their HP amount/armor?
  • Thanks again everybody for joining in and sharing your questions! <3 The submission period for our live stream Q&A session has now ended - we'll see you at 11AM PDT tomorrow for our live stream!

https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • After looking into how the secondary archetype will affect the players primary archetype, I was wondering how a few classes could even be viable. If a character is a tank + cleric, we can assume that it will be a tank with some self heal. But what about a cleric + tank? How can the tank skills enchance the cleric?
  • Zednel wrote: »
    After looking into how the secondary archetype will affect the players primary archetype, I was wondering how a few classes could even be viable. If a character is a tank + cleric, we can assume that it will be a tank with some self heal. But what about a cleric + tank? How can the tank skills enchance the cleric?

You might get some Healing skills that are enhanced by Damage Mitigation or Evasion? Meaning that you not only restore lost Health, but also decrease the chances of them taking further damage.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • mcknightridermcknightrider Member
    edited October 2020
    How are you going to provide crafted gear that is on par with raid gear without recipes and materials being locked behind raid encounters? You talked about crafting being on par with raid gear. However; if the materials to create this crafted gear drops from raid encounters, that's not crafted gear. That's raid gear with extra steps.
  • With the corruption system a non-combatant does not become combatant when they attack a corrupted player per your chart, that means a corrupted player can't even fight back to defend themselves as they would become more corrupted if they kill the non-corrupted player who initiates combat. Is this your intention? To completely remove corrupted players ability to defend themselves?
  • Underground cities?
    LQIHRJw.png
  • obblaze wrote: »
    hey guys and girls from intrepid , I really appreciate the work and time you guys dedicated to this game and it does show. I'm a little new to sign up here and still debating on buying the Alpha key pass. i was wondering if we could see some cinematic trailers or sneak gameplay or just a skill preview or even just lore on all the primary classes especially the bard and rogue.

@obblaze Good question. I'm pretty sure we will have some previews of them in the future. SoonTM

kthulu wrote: »
    Will instanced pvp only pull from your server, or across multiple servers? Will there be aesthetic items only obtainable by arenas?

@kthulu Yup! ''We definitely like cross-server play. I think it's cool because it is something that players get to participate in.'' – Steven Sharif

mytherios wrote: »
    Are there any plan to add Level boasts, like WoW max level boast, when new expansions are added?

@mytherios That'd be against the philosophy of the game so the answer is 99% ''no''.

Dolyem wrote: »
    So it was said that ashes wanted to focus on "meaningful conflict". Does this mean you condemn any open world PvP outside of these meaningful conflicts? Or is it simply that you want to minimize griefing while also encouraging open world small scale PvP fights which I guess could be considered "Un-meaningful"?

@Dolyem Meaningful PvP means PvP with actual meaning to it i.e your actions have an impact on things. Non meaningful PvP like randomly attacking people with no real objective is not condemned but rather is not the focus of the game's PvP systems.

MightyOak wrote: »
    Hello steven hope you are well. Im really curious about the sea content in ashes. I know you have told us about underwater dungeons, ships, port nodes, aquatic mounts but i was wondering if there are any more ideas the team wants to implement when it comes to the sea, im quite interested on whats your mental picture for the sea content present in ashes at launch. Im really looking foward to be able to play the game, i think you guys are doing a great job and i have high hopes for the game, best of luck with the future.

@MightyOak There's some more info on the wiki if you are interested. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval

When it comes to Gathering, will you be able to find the same resource in multiple spots around the map? Or will each resource be unique to a single area on the map? Will there also be limited/legendary resources that can only be gathered during a specific time/season or certain conditions met?

@Leolouch Vi Britannia ''Players will be able to move resources and set up shop in other areas to take advantage of the varied markets. With resources spawning dynamically, certain regions will naturally become important trading hubs for the transportation of goods throughout the world.'' - Steven Sharif

will skins be mixable? like take some part of one skin and apply it and then other parks of other skins to the rest?

@chaoticwaffles Certain skins are mixable yes (individual sets). Costumes aren't.

Chezshire wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a special spectator mode for the PVP combats in arenas or so?

@Chezshire Yes, that was mentioned once.

DaddySteve wrote: »
    How will the mailing system work? Will we be able to send and receive items and currency via mail?

@DaddySteve Items and resources are not able to be mailed by players.
    Purchases of anything other than materials and gatherables from integrated auction houses will be mailed to the purchaser. - Steven Sharif

DougBug27 wrote: »
    How would a Tank augment work with the other classes, especially with archetypes that are considered "squishy" like the mage or cleric? Will Augments give them temporary boosts to their HP amount/armor?

@DougBug27 Nope. Augments won't affect stats. They will modify your abilities. So Tank augments, when applied to your skills, would make them more defensive/add defensive qualities to them.

Vernes wrote: »
    Underground cities?

@Vernes Yes.
    signature.png
  • When is the EU mycom shop + account going to be transfert?
  • MMO's like SWG & FF14 have been praised for their ability to change classes on a character, as it allows players to explore new classes without having to abandon characters with a large time investment. Would there be any consideration to allow changing primary class, maybe if behind a difficult/lengthy process so class choices are still meaningful?
  • iCPTbeerbellyiCPTbeerbelly Member
    edited October 2020
    I have question about tittles and some mounts !!!??

1.So i wondering if there is a be tittle system like in Lineage2 where u can make your own tittle to look your nickname way more cooler.

2., if there a be some mounts that u can buy from SHOP (real money) that u cant aquire in game ?> or its be just mount skins for the exsistint mounts in game where u can only get from game and nothing more ?

3. and the last one ive playled lineage like over 10-12 years. so i like kinda idea that they made in the newer version of lineage2 where they put castle siege across servers i mean the idea was to bring your enemys and freinds from 1 server to some kinda of instance zone to compete againt other server . ( i guess its be kinda instance or somthing) and rewards was like server some slightly bonuses ( if u win) and some other guild skill points where u can buy sklls etc . it was like 1 time event like evry 2 months.
  • SparkyCJBSparkyCJB Member
    edited October 2020
    Comment deleted because Jahlon answered it on one of his Q&As on twitch
  • PhyleXPhyleX Member
    edited October 2020
    PhyleX wrote: »
    How exactly will the secondary class be switchable? Do have to visit a class trainer trainer of some sort and pay them? Will the switch have a cooldown?
    Thank you for commenting on my question in the livestream! That was a sweet surprise.

@ Magret Krohn (Community Marketing Lead)
    The last spelling guess was correct :)
    My real name is Philipp, and normally I go by the nickname Phyle (spelling like Phil with the y indead of the i). But that name was taken here, so i smashed an X behind it. :D No connection to Felix.
  • Magic Man wrote: »

So it was said that ashes wanted to focus on "meaningful conflict". Does this mean you condemn any open world PvP outside of these meaningful conflicts? Or is it simply that you want to minimize griefing while also encouraging open world small scale PvP fights which I guess could be considered "Un-meaningful"?

@Dolyem Meaningful PvP means PvP with actual meaning to it i.e your actions have an impact on things. Non meaningful PvP like randomly attacking people with no real objective is not condemned but rather is not the focus of the game's PvP systems.

Appreciate your comment, but looking for confirmation from the intrepid team seeing as it is their say. They never stated their actual stance on ganking and what not, simply that they are against griefing. Only reason I am even asking the question is so it can be clarified to people who won't accept anything but a direct answer from Intrepid.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • SparkyCJBSparkyCJB Member
    edited October 2020
    Magic Man wrote: »

Appreciate your comment, but looking for confirmation from the intrepid team seeing as it is their say. They never stated their actual stance on ganking and what not, simply that they are against griefing. Only reason I am even asking the question is so it can be clarified to people who won't accept anything but a direct answer from Intrepid.

This has been answered in their discussion about Corruption mechanics. As long as you're flagged for combat fine, PVP where and when you want. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption#Player_corruption
  • Hellooooo everybody! Thank you all again so much for stopping by to share your questions for our stream <3 though we may not have had a chance to get to everyone's question, hopefully I can help provide some answers below for where we may have covered your topic before:

@Magic Man - Looks like someone else got you an answer regarding narrative quests, including how different parts of the story will unlock based on where/when nodes rise and fall, as well as some of the cross-node quests we've shared before: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Narrative_quests

@gunmandude2 - That may be part of the powers that mayors and node governments wield, stay tuned as we share more details on that front: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mayors#Leadership_powers

@nuro and @Heraklesn - You can see more on where we've discussed arenas and possible rewards tied to them here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas

@raisler - All existing freehold/building skins (might just be an unintended difference in naming on that front) will be for particular types of building on your freehold, and we're currently working with the design team to get you more details on what each ones goes on: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Buildings#Freehold_buildings

@AntVictus and @Grunkk - Stay tuned as we may share more of that kind of lore in upcoming places like our Extra Life live stream!

@Shinaso - I'm not sure which test phase's NDA in particular you might be referring to here, but at the moment NDAs are still in place - likely this will depend on upcoming testing!

@Jaykcub and @Lore Dynamic - A lot of this is what your early testing will help us determine; you can check out more on our philosophy around balance being group-based here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Game_balance

@Sent - You can certainly PvP in town if you'd like to take that risk, but if you become corrupted the local guards may not like that ;)

@McShave , @Torr , and @vmangman - You're never truly "done" since nodes will continue to rise and fall with dynamic content both through player agency and random world events with success/failure conditions, so there's always something new to do at all levels!

@unknownwon - That balance between smaller guild/more skills and larger guild/fewer skills will be something we have you help us test moving forward to hone more specifically!

@Nagash , @ShadowVen , @Bonecurse , @GuruCthulu , @Altairis , @Nerror , @skearnz , @DoggyPoo , @Twoupy , @Tacualeon , @ArnasPanica , @kashikyori , and @Demidreamer - Stay tuned for more details on classes and their abilities/augments as we get closer to having you help us test them!

@Deehn - You can see more on where we've discussed our philosophy on quest givers and quest markers before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Quests#Quest_givers

@container - In terms of "shouldn't" expect, our recent Creative Director's Letter goes over what our definition of "alpha" is and how it relates to work that will still be in progress for polishing and bug fixing: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2020-10-16-creative-directors-letter

@Bricktop - Guild wars will likely be within that primetime window based on victory/surrender conditions, but this will almost certainly be subject to further testing: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guild_wars#Server_prime-time

@Xyls - PvP happens pretty much everywhere with few exceptions: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvP#Safe_zones ; that being said, guards will kill corrupted players on sight: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/NPC_guards

@BoncleEPC - Looks like some other folks got you answers regarding possibilities for level cap raises; that balance will be something you would help us test before new content drops!

@90Bubbel , @akabear , @Ocke , @Nixal , @Primordius , @Lotharious , @kthulu , @Enleiv , @Ravmar , @StickyRubb , @Skaring , @Half Tilt Gamer , @sherka , @Lobotomy , and @DougBug27 - Please keep your replies in the future to only one question as requested; the more direct/succinct it is, the more likely it is to be picked!

@Altec - Summoners' summons will be different based on class and augments: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner#Skills.2Fabilities

@duhc and @Hurtmei - Summoners can summon up to 3 summons: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner#Skills.2Fabilities

@Nicky - At the moment, the plan is for the predominant contributing race in a node to determine that overarching theme/style: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Architecture

@Deadly Dave , @eroenne , and @Varkun - Stay tuned for more details on the races you'll be able to play in the lead-up to upcoming testing!

@Nostra - Sounds like you have the latest update on that front from the wiki; definitely stay tuned for more details in class blogs and the like as we get closer to having you help us test them out!

@Cold 0ne FTB - You can see where we've discussed our philosophy around holidays before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Seasonal_events

@sergiotwo - The corruption system and its finer points will be something that we test heavily with you all to find the right balance of fun and fair, since you'll be able to PvP pretty much anywhere: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption

@ChaosFactor - There might be some confusion here; since sieges don't use the flagging system, there won't necessarily be corrupted players which means there won't be gear dropping (maybe just raw materials if they were combatants).

@DocFrog - That's one of the major goals with the node system - the world constantly changing due to player agency and random world events allowing you to always have something new to explore!

@BeOwningU - That might be depend on the specific mount, as not all of them have combat abilities necessarily: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts#Mounted_combat

@Ravudha - Your second point on new content with regular updates/expansions would help keep all of the artisan classes fresh (not just animal husbandry!)

@Damokles - Looks like someone else got you an answer; Tulnar are a combo of major and minor races that were left behind on Verra: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Tulnar

@Asura - Raids will have dynamic elements that change each time around, bringing that challenge into play: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Raids#Raid_strategies

@George Black - Mounts can be targeted separately and killed, then resurrected after a cooldown period: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts#Mounted_combat

@rogonja - Looks like someone else already got you an answer regarding our current plans for AOE targeting caps!

@SoloveyFR and @Xenantaya - We'll be working on these with lots and lots of early testing with your help, hence the in-depth Alpha and Beta plans!

@Alyxavior - We're currently working with the design team to clarify the footprint of your freehold and how much room each type of building will take up!

@F4RCE , @Karpfador , @dfryz , @Garren , @Flenis2 , @RebelShade , @Tpwnz , @zigabra , @Leolouch Vi Britannia , @Payne , and @Nastyone - Stay tuned for more details on artisan classes as we get closer to having you help us test them out!

@ChaosDeda - You can see more on where we've discussed our philosophy on how important your gear will be to your overall power here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Gear

@bludborn - We're currently working to revamp our Content Creator program in the lead-up to Alpha One, so stay tuned as we announce when applications open back up for that with all the details!

@Rheaper - You can see where we've discussed what would be visible on your character page here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mobile/web_interface#Character_page

@Uajery73 - I'd say it's pretty likely there will be other ways for you to get other similar cool cats and kitties in-game - it was just that one particular unique kitten/puppy pet they voted on that only Kickstarters will receive!

@BobzUrUncle - You can see more on where we've discussed possibilities for island nodes before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Coastal_nodes

@Quin - You can fight whatever you'd like that you come across (as there will be a variety of levels of mobs in each node based on development), to varying degrees of success certainly ;)

@Dante Machiavelli - You can see where we've talked a bit about animated emotes before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Social_animations

@Kneczhevo - We plan to give you lots of options to customize your UI, both for coloration and other purposes: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface

@Ruby - So far we've discussed Tulnar having dials to adjust reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes - it might be possible that avian would fall under that "other" category, so stay tuned for more character creator details: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Tulnar

@sunfrog - Looks like someone else already got you an answer on this front; the latest Steven quote that folks like to share is "when it's ready" ;)

@Shoelid - You can see where we've discussed leaderboards and achievements before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Leader_boards

@Aiet - There will be many ways you can come across lore in-game, some of which we've discussed before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lore

@Darkfuria - It would be totally up to that person and what they enjoy participating in; there will be some safe zones in place and they can also enlist help from others to "protect" them if they'd like!

@Set Chubulas and @xaipha - We haven't announced anything along those lines that would be additionally unlockable!

@Feelix - Looks like someone else already got you a helpful answer on the corruption front: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption

@disobedient - Looks like someone else already shared some more helpful details on our plans for combat logs: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Combat#Combat_logs

@Altodor - Stay tuned for more details on naval content specifics as we get closer to having you help us test those systems!

@Urgrosh - We are doing wonderfully and are so excited to have you all join us for upcoming testing, thank you for asking! <3

@Eypo - If you're referring to siege mode as part of Apocalypse, we haven't announced any upcoming plans for that at the moment!

@ItsFayne - We'll be sharing more details on the specifics of the name reservation process and what to expect as we get closer to that point!

@Exiled Byrd - Part of that balance will likely also come from racial augments available, as well as whatever architecture style folks like best and would like to see in their local nodes!

@Luminous - I think there's certainly room for more contests along those lines in the future!

@Samzi - You can check out where we've discussed different possibilities for parlor games before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Parlor_games

@Szolo - Looks like someone else already got you a helpful answer on when Nodes Part 3 may drop based on a recent interview!

@Doodlz , @Hjerim , @Jahlon , @neeko2lo , @Catspurr , @Emberstone , @Sockski , @Warbringer , @Threather , @zestro , @Hakaiju , @tobi1577 , @mytherios , @Dreoh , @HowlingWolf80 , @Tyranthraxus , @Schlol , @Shaze , and @Apok - Since I don't believe we've answered your question quite specifically before and we didn't get to it this round, please feel free to share it in an upcoming Q&A session!

@Armando - You can read more about where we've discussed transmogs here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Transmog

@SteamEgg - You can see what our current plans for raid boss numbers are here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Raids#Bosses ; their availability would be based on node development as you mention.

@Arthin - Many things you've seen in pre-Alpha footage are placeholder/WIP, and will continue to be refined with your feedback during testing!

@Blip - We'll be refining those core systems such as caravans during testing with your help to get the right balance of fair and fun, and will share our community standards as well to help better define what constitutes as "griefing".

@StealthReborn - You can see where we've covered the possibility of a collector's edition before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Ashes_of_Creation#Collector.27s_edition

@Bardtic - I'm not sure if we've specifically covered "endlessly", but raids will adapt based on your performance against previous bosses in the encounter, meaning as you get better you'll see tougher challenges: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvE#PvE_difficulty

@trajdl - We'll be sharing more details on what folks will be seeing and testing during the Alpha One phase to help set those expectations; here's what we've shared previously: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-1

@loghan - Looks like someone else already got you a helpful answer on who gets to participate in node sieges: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_sieges#Declaring_a_node_siege

@obblaze - We've been sharing development updates, previews, and videos during our live streams each month, and will be sharing even more details on classes and what you'll be testing in the lead-up to Alpha One!

@YouYourself - Please be a bit more specific on what you mean by "guild buffs" next time - were you by chance referring to the passives you may get through guild progression?

@Sangreal676 - Corrupted players can drop carried and equipped items: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_flagging#Player_death

@daveywavey - We definitely want to travel and visit more conventions once COVID stuff clears up! <3

@Dolyem - Open world PvP is certainly not condemned; the corruption system is in place to allow for those smaller conflicts to play out while helping minimize griefing.

@MightyOak - You can read more on what we've discussed regarding naval content here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval

@chaoticwaffles - Cosmetic costumes are one piece, but you can see more on our transmog system here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Gear_appearance

@Chezshire - We've mentioned before that arena-style combat is instanced, but spectators may be possible through an interface: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas

@Synkil - You can see more on where we've discussed naval combat before here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval_combat

@Charles - You can read more about our plans for player stalls and shops here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_stalls

@DaddySteve - You can learn more about where we've discussed mailing items here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Economy#Mailing_items

Phew - hopefully I was able to get to everyone this time, and we can't wait to see you all for our next Q&A thread! Thank you all again for tuning in today and joining us! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Also, ICYMI, the VOD for this live stream is now available on our YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndtjwBxhwtw
    community_management.gif
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @LieutenantToast Thank you!
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • skearnzskearnz Member
    edited October 2020
    :3
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Toast, can you change the halloween template next year to be horizontal instead of vertical? It's hard to put vertical pics in videos. Vertical is good for instagram but not youtube.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Magic Man wrote: »
    Vernes wrote: »
    Underground cities?

@Vernes Yes.

I claim them all for Dümheim
    LQIHRJw.png