Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha available?

StabilisStabilis Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Hi guys, I was under the impression that no one is playing AoC at the moment because there is no Alpha build yet. But today, I heard on the live stream a mention that related to a competition where players could win real cash. So my question is have they got a pre-alpha build in testing, and if so, how can we join it?

Also, I pre-ordered my copy of the game on 3rd August 2020 for £149.20.

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Think I answered your questions on Discord. The competition for real cash is part of the tabletop Pathfinder event they will be doing during the 24hr livestream next week. The players in that will have a chance to win up to $1000 depending on how many times they die or don't die and goals met. Steven will then match those amounts for the charity in addition to all the other donations.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    They definitely have some form of pre-alpha environment. It isn't open to the public yet, the earliest you could get in by winning that key would give you access to the alpha 1 preview and alpha.

File:alpha_one_test_schedule_asset.jpg

Edit: Not sure why the link didn't work but that is the release schedule in the creative director letter.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. There is an Alpha build. There were some really small alpha tests some time ago, and they will start up a few more Alpha 1 runs in the next months.
    2. You cant join Alpha 1 currently through any of the offered Intrepid Packs. The only chance to join any alpha is either through an alpha 1 key won through giveaways or to buy the most expensive pack in the Ashes shop to join Alpha 2.
    a6XEiIf.gif