Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Trickster

Will Tricksters have find familiar as a spell? (Geek Question here)

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Why should they?
    Trickster is a Bard/Rogue combo, nothing there screams battle companion :D

(We also dont know if "Find Familiar" will be a spells at all in Ashes)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • I 've meant the dnd 5e spell!
  • Due to the fact that arcane tricksters have acces to this spell
    edited October 2020
    1. Ashes may be inspired by D&D, but it it not D&D.
    2. Arcane Tricksters are not a class in Ashes.

These are all available classes:
    ashesofcreationclasslist-1040x644.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Hmmmmm i see, but i thought that trickster would be kinda similar to what tricksters are in dnd or pathfinder.Either way than you for your reply.
    Hmmmmm i see, but i thought that trickster would be kinda similar to what tricksters are in dnd or pathfinder. Either way than you for your reply.

You need to watch out for what the main and what the secondary class is.
    The Trickster in Ashes is Main class Bard and second class Rogue.
    That means that it gains its abilities form the Bard class.
    In DnD terms, they would be more like a Member of the College of Satire or Glamour.

Main class gives abilities, second class lets you augment these abilities depending on chosen secondary class.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Oh, i see. To be honest it's kinda interesting. Do we know when we will have some insight over the general idea of the abilities for the classes?
    Oh, i see. To be honest it's kinda interesting. Do we know when we will have some insight over the general idea of the abilities for the classes?

We know a bit about Mage, Tank, Cleric and Ranger abilities (Ranger abilities are really old though).
    Ranger, Fighter, Tank, Mage and Cleric will be playable in Alpha 1 already though.
    a6XEiIf.gif