Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter One: So Our Journey Begins…

Comments

• Is the Twitter vote linked to this one, or are we doing separate storylines? Might be cool to see how different each one becomes.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will be more resources in the forest, so we should head east.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm EXCITED!!
    All aboard the text adventure! Let's gooooo
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • To the forest. We have no winter gear.
  • JesusHealYouJesusHealYou Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So this is where it begins!
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I head for the forest where there are plants and animals for food and wood for shelter. I'm looking for a place not too far from water but not right next to it because water draws wildlife and the wildlife on Verra is dangerous. After wandering for a while I find a small stream and walk along it until I find a small hill not too far away. The top of the hill will be windy and carry my scent away from the river and any predators that happen to be quenching their thirst there.

After scouting the area a bit for berries and animal dens I decide it's a good place to live and set my backpack down on the ground while I equip my hand ax. Chop, chop, chop. After half a day's work I have a small shelter built that I can sleep in for the night and a head start on my work for tomorrow. Time for dinner. I still have some food that I picked up in Portal City so no need to cook or start a fire. I'll just eat and go to bed early. I fall asleep to the sound of crickets and the wind in the trees.
    fNX2ISa.png

• sunfrog wrote: »
    I head for the forest where there are plants and animals for food and wood for shelter. I'm looking for a place not too far from water but not right next to it because water draws wildlife and the wildlife on Verra is dangerous. After wandering for a while I find a small stream and walk along it until I find a small hill not too far away. The top of the hill will be windy and carry my scent away from the river and any predators that happen to be quenching their thirst there.

After scouting the area a bit for berries and animal dens I decide it's a good place to live and set my backpack down on the ground while I equip my hand ax. Chop, chop, chop. After half a day's work I have a small shelter built that I can sleep in for the night and a head start on my work for tomorrow. Time for dinner. I still have some food that I picked up in Portal City so no need to cook or start a fire. I'll just eat and go to bed early. I fall asleep to the sound of crickets and the wind in the trees.

good.... good.... your rooting for the only correct choice, the home of the elves
  • You know there's going to be WAY cooler stuff over in them mountains.

How many dragons' treasure hoards and hellish under-scapes lie contained beneath a forest?
  • ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Enchanted forests have the best magical items, everyone knows this!
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited November 2020
    Valentine wrote: »

I beg to differ...

1ring.jpg

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    CROW3 wrote: »

I beg to differ...

1ring.jpg

But it was a 'curse', so nyah.

To the Forest!
    -food
    -animals to skin for armor
    -healing herbs, in red, blue, and green
    -rabbits and boars to slaughter for xp :sweat_smile:
  • pyreal wrote: »

I beg to differ...

1ring.jpg

But it was a 'curse', so nyah.

To the Forest!
    -food
    -animals to skin for armor
    -healing herbs, in red, blue, and green
    -rabbits and boars to slaughter for xp :sweat_smile:

twas an end to the dark lord and one of the most prominent quest lines ever known ;)
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    bd0612e51162dbb76f9b788c856fff83697acc52.gifv
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    This poll is going to have us walk straight into a dragon's maw!

edit: it's 50/50 now :s
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Here before chapter 1 becomes a war to decide whether we go to the mountains or the forests.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • voidshadow wrote: »
    Here before chapter 1 becomes a war to decide whether we go to the mountains or the forests.

It’s a literary tradition for great narratives to begin amid epic conflicts.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • JazeriousJazerious Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Go to the mountains, lets hang with the dwarves!! Elves are overrated.
  • Jazerious wrote: »
    Go to the mountains, lets hang with the dwarves!! Elves are overrated.

Sacrelige! The elves will have slaughtered the dwarves faster than you can say "Elves are overrated"
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Trees! I talk to the trees. There are deep mystries in forests some enchanting, some dangerous; usually great beauty and bounty.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If a certain Grey Wizard taught us anything is that we shouldn't think to hard about this decision. sooooo to the mountains we goooooo

giphy.gif
    E6qgOoi.png
  • mrwaffles wrote: »
    If a certain Grey Wizard taught us anything is that we shouldn't think to hard about this decision. sooooo to the mountains we goooooo

giphy.gif

But the forests are better! They just are!
  • No, no NO you pack of sheep! The mountains are THIS way. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-

/points repeatedly and with exaggeration over yonder.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • PlagueMonk wrote: »
    No, no NO you pack of sheep! The mountains are THIS way. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-

/points repeatedly and with exaggeration over yonder.

no, they are obviousy beyond the forest! The ones that everyone is obsessed about are illusions!
    To the forest!
  • 20 references to LoTR and not one...

“I want to see mountains again, MargaretKrohn, mountains!”

That being said, TO THE TREES! Maybe some Great Eagles will rescue us.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bloody treehuggers the lot of you! We need to go the majestic mountains, not to some puny trees that give nothing but splinters in your hands.
    Is it lunchtime yet?
    / cracks open a bottle of mead and some trail rations
  • Kuldjux wrote: »
    Is it lunchtime yet?
    / cracks open a bottle of mead and some trail rations

Nope. Its time for second breakfast.
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • CROW3 wrote: »
    voidshadow wrote: »
    Here before chapter 1 becomes a war to decide whether we go to the mountains or the forests.

Indeed. As an aspiring fantasy novelist, I relate
  • voidshadow wrote: »
    voidshadow wrote: »

Indeed. As an aspiring fantasy novelist, I relate

Yep! It's how I started mine!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/