Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

heyo! im curious about when ill be able to play in beta 1-2

self explanatory i got zero clue when this is planned to happen but i hope its not several years xD
854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It is unknown (see what I did there?) They cannot give you an answer of a timeframe, because it is all dependent of how previous phases play out and how long they take. Alpha 1 may find another core system problem requiring another massive delay (we all hope it doesn't), Alpha 2 could find multiple problems once they start putting all the other ancillary systems on top of the base and they all interact in ways that were unforeseen. Intrepid very early on in the process used to give grand timelines, roadmaps, and dates. Then failed to hit those when the normal development process decided to shatter their illusions. The blowback from the "community" was all torches and pitchforks. So they have stopped giving dates and timelines unless they are positive they can hit them. You don't have to like the answer of "We don't know." but it is the only one you are going to get currently.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • It is unknown (see what I did there?) They cannot give you an answer of a timeframe, because it is all dependent of how previous phases play out and how long they take. Alpha 1 may find another core system problem requiring another massive delay (we all hope it doesn't), Alpha 2 could find multiple problems once they start putting all the other ancillary systems on top of the base and they all interact in ways that were unforeseen. Intrepid very early on in the process used to give grand timelines, roadmaps, and dates. Then failed to hit those when the normal development process decided to shatter their illusions. The blowback from the "community" was all torches and pitchforks. So they have stopped giving dates and timelines unless they are positive they can hit them. You don't have to like the answer of "We don't know." but it is the only one you are going to get currently.

tyvm for the answer much appreciated
    854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Yuquiyu

As Unknown said we currently don't have a date for anything past Alpha one. Development is fluid after all and things can change depending on what is discovered during the initial testing phases. Intrepid is committed to producing a finished product no matter how long that takes.

You can read more about the current testing schedule here: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016315013

I'm going to close this thread now but if you have any other questions or would like further clarification please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.