Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

List your Tavern game ideas!

13»

Comments

• Texas Holdem
    Chess
    any a self-made Card Game.
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Put in functional decks of cards. Which opens up all the games human's invented using them.
    Simple games like chess and checkers too (simple in concept)
    Perhaps a fighting ring for animals? (Those bred using animal husbandry)
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• ariatras wrote: »

Could be a little too big for a tavern, but would be a cool idea.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    daveywavey wrote: »
    ariatras wrote: »

Yea, probably. Though perhaps in a cellar? I reckon such things aren't looked upon too kindly y'know?
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• ariatras wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    ariatras wrote: »

Yea, probably. Though perhaps in a cellar? I reckon such things aren't looked upon too kindly y'know?

Hehe yeah. Strictly 'invite only'......
  • As long as I can dance on the tables, I'm happy.
  • Zairos wrote: »
    corn hole

Woah there, buddy. :P
    LyrGreen wrote: »
    Idk if anyone already had this idea but i think It would be cool to have Tarot readings in Tavern, so you can offer reading to someone or get a reading from someone else. Reading could give negative or positive temporary effect to player depending on cards they draw. Cards could have Rider-Waite template with Ashes of Creation art, it would be awesome!

I think you could do a lot with this to also educate/intrigue people if many of the cards were colored with Ashes Lore. You could even have scribes create more or less fancy sets for varied buffs.

I know its probably never going to happen, but being able to play musical instruments would be cool. In Lotro is was oddly immersive to hear other people playing music live ... even if it was the Beverly Hills Cop theme or a full group going to town with 'Holding out for a hero'

(Now I am just thinking about bards inspiring their party with a macroed Beverly Hills Cop theme, why am I like this x.x)
  • Ooh these are some fun ideas so far! Everyone knows that when the games get going, the drinks get flowing, and any wise tavern keeper should be happy with even more business ;)

Keep these ideas flowing like the ale, friends!
    community_management.gif
  • IreriIreri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As this is a fantasy game, I want games that don't conform to the laws of physics. There could be a vertical game with floating pieces where your piece has to make it to the top through obstacles. If there is a throwing game, whatever is thrown needs to zoom through the air and change directions to go through moving hoops that are floating midair. The player has to throw it hard enough for it to have enough energy for the moves but not so hard the item can't make the turns and twists. Have a 3D maze that your toon shrinks down into and then has to navigate through to the end in a set time; the mazes could be random. The maze could be viewable on one wall for folks in the tavern for their entertainment. Have these games be unique that we can't get somewhere else.
  • - Drinking Game resp. we need a puke score. You are fat, drink often and big => high puke score. Small, never drink and tiny => low puke score.

- arm wrestling. Not that I'm a big fan or anything but that's just something that might fit.

- No idea about games with collectible items. Maybe some adaption of https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Sphere_Break ? You can collect fancy coins.

- Darts
  • An Ashes-Themed Gwent game would be amazing. For anyone who doesn't know what Gwent is, I feel sorry for you that you never played The Witcher 3.

I agree, a table top card card game would be awesome. Having rare cards be loot drops and exclusive ones crafted by scribes.

I love card-collecting/playing in games. It's like a mini-game in the game. I enjoyed the Triple Triad in Final Fantasy 8 & 14, Tetra Master in Final Fantasy 9. But I'm a bit of a TCG geek. Whenever there's a 'new' TCG that comes out, I have to try it out. So I've played many IRL. I enjoy making them as well! <3

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Mini-games like dancing, card games, dice-games, bar-fighting, and feats-of-strength would all be welcome!
  • since adding things like Poker and other games of chance could cause problems with certain regional gambling laws, I think in a little CCG like Triads in Final Fantasy could be better and I really like the idea of having battle pets that can be trained in the animal husbandry system to fight pokemon style, even if is just AI battles were you can place bets.
  • I made an account just to reply. Lol

I recommend a game called Nine Men’s Morris.

It’s a tavern game I found when I played the old Sierra game called Conquest of Longbow.

I think that’d be a great addition and fits the tavern theme. :)
  • Malaki03 wrote: »
    I made an account just to reply. Lol

I recommend a game called Nine Men’s Morris.

It’s a tavern game I found when I played the old Sierra game called Conquest of Longbow.

I think that’d be a great addition and fits the tavern theme. :)

Heh, seems a bit like the game 'go'. And I agree, would be interesting to play.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We know we will get an AOC board game: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Franchise#Ashes_of_Creation_board_game

Make an ingame version of it. In these corona-times, it makes sense to have a digital version of it anyway, like we see with many other board games these days. Basically you sit down at the table in the tavern, and the UI changes to the board game.

It can be a simplified version, if there are worries it'll hurt the sales of the "real" board game.
  • Perhaps some sort of drinking competitions. I hope there are alcohol affects in the game.

I remember in original Everquest that there was an alcohol tolerance skill everyone started with at 0, and it went up as you drank more alcohol. There was high level alcohol that would give buffs too, however if your skill was too low you'd get seriously drunk, blurred vision to the point of not being able to see, weaving walking, and slurred speech.

We used to get drunk and have races through Kelethen (the wood elf city that was up in the trees with handing bridges that had no hand rails going between plaforms, and we had a Bard applying the song "Selo's accelerendo' which was a huge run speed buff... needless to say MANY people fell off, some to their deaths. But it was a LOT of fun.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    As stated earlier, activities within a tavern have lost potential to entice more players to come due to the lack of visual contact with the outside world.

Just as signage, outside cafe`s and hawkers improve a tavern`s visibility, perhaps a little the same in AOC.

And to add animation, perhaps NPC`s post banners / setup signs / billboards, hawkers come out and walk the town promoting the activity within when the tavern has reached x, y, z tiers of activity.