Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Monday, November 30, 2020 at 11AM PST

Comments

• AmarAmar Member
    edited November 2020
    boshean wrote: »
    Can you give us some more details on the intricacies of how Taming works?

Just for example, Will i as a player lower a mob HP and then throw a special crate at the mob for taming, or will I use a lasso? Perhaps do i need to feed it food?
    Ravudha wrote: »
    How will animal husbandry and taming stay in demand in 5+ years time when people have their mounts - will it take years to get mounts, do you plan to add more animals with expansions, or something else?

I've personally been thinking a lot about this profession. I'd imagine that an early quest might answer the first question for basics about capture... gather this food find that item catch the horse, with higher skillset/masters and gear needed to get better creatures. The second I imagine is the husbandry itself...Devs won't need to create more because the players will eventually do that by interbreeding the creatures from a Tamer since this speaks to the economy. However, some slight insight if you can on the subject would help the potential profession I might choose. For instance, might a Rogue stelth help to sneak up and supurise a possible capture, Jump on it's back and ride till it breaks before it knew you were there or risk/reward maybe that approach gets you thrown and trampled or eaten...?? ;)~ As a loner, mostly, I lean towards the Tamer side rather than Husbandry. Thanks for all you're doing!! I'm looking forward to Alpha 2...Amar.
  • Half Tilt GamerHalf Tilt Gamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On behalf of Holski77:
    It almost seems like a challenge to make lore for a game where all the servers will be so different. WOW definitely got stuck in a bad place where they had to advance the lore every patch. How do you advance the lore across so many servers that are completely different without spoiling the story for players on various servers?
    Find me on Youtube and Twitch as Half Tilt Gamer!
  • idk if this has been asked before, but will only a male and female character be able to get married in game or will it be available for two same sex characters as well?
  • Will summoned pets be limited to a specific number across all summoner classes or Will there be room for choosing to overwhelm your opponent by swarming them with many weak summons instead of fighting with 2-3 stronger ones?
  • When it comes to raid/dungeon difficulty (normal, heroic, etc) does changing the difficulty change the dungeon itself, or does it just increase the difficulty of the dungeon?
  • FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Member, Alpha One
    When a siege is declared on a node, citizen of the defending node are automaticaly placed as defenders, will there be a way to refuse or give our place as a defender for a non citizen or allie to take our place?
  • TheKizzyTheKizzy Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    What is your vision for the movement system in the final version of Ashes? Will it be fluid, more akin to Guild Wars 2, or closer to the traditional stand and cast MMOs? Thank you :)
  • Do you plan to add other classes in next expansions after game is released ? I would love to see monk class in aoc (kicking ass monks not those boring healing ones)
  • What is the status of the EU mycom account transfers ?
    I
  • Apparently there'll be VOIP in taverns and apparently, the tavern boss can't kick people out or bann them from entering the tavern. Can a tavern boss or a representative mute the VOIP from a person?
  • Will there be sometime in the future, the idea of an underwater playable race?
  • Will the summoner have a subclass that can transform into animals (such as a druid)? It would be great if it was an additional ability, like reading ranger tracks.
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    As you make the game for Windows, and a good few people play via Mac or Linux. Will you make sure your authentications and anti-cheat/bot whitelist the compatibility layer known as Wine?
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Will each race have their own specific animations (running, basic attack etc). what efforts will be made to make characters not only look but also feel distinct? ty :)
  • What is your vision for the final version of the movement system? Is it similar to Guild Wars 2 or closer to traditional stand and cast MMO's?
  • Music is so important for me in an mmo, will music be an important part of ashes of creation? The theme song I've heard so far is absolutely stunning btw so I hope it continues
  • DougBug27DougBug27 Member
    edited November 2020
    How do you ensure that the world looks/feels unique with a bunch of randomly generated player-cities rather than dev created unique ones?
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Can you clarify the lore a little. The charity stream suggests there are three groups of people. The Seven Gods, the Ancients, and the Others. I though the Ancients were the gods.
    fNX2ISa.png

• unknownwonunknownwon Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is there any advantage to sailing a ship up or down a river rather than riding on a mount/caravan? i.e. are ships faster than mounts, or have advantages over a land caravan such as increased capacity?
  • Question about the nodes.
    When a server maxes out a node and the areas surrounding that node (including unlocked dungeons and activities as a result of max level node) can that be considered end game?
  • With AoC have a story, or will the stories only be player created?
  • SnowfeatherSnowfeather Member
    edited November 2020
    Will we ever see archaeology in the game? Being able to go out an discover dig sites, artifacts, bones etc?

WoWs version of archaeology was poorly done but i feel ESO nailed it with their “ antiquities” system. Being able to discover, actually dig threw your findings, and even display them in your homes..i would absolutely love to see this added in ashes :smiley:
  • Is there any chance that the structures of castles will actually use the defensive properties of castle walls and gates? Basically if your going to make the model asset anyway why not tweak it so it has attack holes above the gateway and make the walls actually use the machicolations. Immersion is important why not make the battlefield part of the game?
  • How will guild server registration work?
  • in the past, there was a bit of info regarding gear for pets, concerning that.

will only the combat pet types have gear or will summoner pets also have gear?
  • How are you going to provide crafted gear that is on par with raid gear without recipes and materials being locked behind raid encounters? You talked about crafting being on par with raid gear. However; if the materials to create this crafted gear drops from raid encounters, that's not crafted gear. That's raid gear with extra steps.
  • ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will augmentations have the same affect across all tiers of a singular ability, or will each ability tier (rank 1, 2, & 3) be affected differently?

Thanks again for the amazing work intrepid! <3
    [img][/img]
  • Can we get NPC's that are named after all the Intrepid developers who will be crafters?

i.e. NPC Jincy sells art, NPC Bacon sells plants, NPC Toast has a bakery, etc.
  • Has anyone on the dev team read MMO based books (Ready Player One, Overgeared, King's Avatar, etc)? If so what are your favorites?
  • SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Saphrosyne wrote: »
    idk if this has been asked before, but will only a male and female character be able to get married in game or will it be available for two same sex characters as well?
    Nimel wrote: »
    Will we be able to create characters who use they/them pronouns ?
    Hope this helps; from the wiki.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Marriage

There are not plans for gender neutral neutral pronouns. However our marriage system which will be present does not take into account gender. So two individuals of any sex will be able to utilize the marriage system and we feel that that's pretty important to really reflect the nature the cultures in Ashes of Creation: That it does not have that conflict present in this fantasy world that we may have experienced in the past in our real world; and that's a good place both from a sanctuary standpoint through people who are maybe experiencing that in the real world to kind of get away from it in the fantasy world: We wanted to provide that type of outlet.– Steven Sharif