Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Three: A Sudden Interruption!

Comments

• CROW3 wrote: »
    I'm looking at you, Elves...

Awwww, do you think they look pretty? Can't help looking at them. :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    CROW3 wrote: »
    It looks like 14% of respondents need to go back to their forest. I'm looking at you, Elves...

its the tulnar, I mean just look at Damokles
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited November 2020
    Nagash wrote: »

Valid point. But I'm wary of the cyclops rodent. Though he may make a good shield in a pinch. >:)

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It looks like 14% of respondents need to go back to their forest. I'm looking at you, Elves...

Me: *picks out the dirt under my toenails* "What?!? I'm currently a bit occupied!" *throws dagger at you*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Damokles wrote: »

Me: *picks out the dirt under my toenails* "What?!? I'm currently a bit occupied!" *throws dagger at you*

And when he says "dagger", he means a torn-off piece of toenail... ewwwwwww...
  • This Elf already has the bow ready... always nice to have a good archer around... ;)
  • In the wise words of Denethor "Flee! Flee for your lives!"

Homie was so wise, he set himself on fire and fell of a height
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Fight! You mess with the bull you get the horns!
  • voidshadow wrote: »
    In the wise words of Denethor "Flee! Flee for your lives!"

Homie was so wise, he set himself on fire and fell of a height

I'd have done the same if I'd had to sit listening to Pippin all day. I hated Pippin......
    edited November 2020
    Damokles wrote: »

MMgXu6C.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

and I would normally get off the road since the odds are not in our favor BUT the text implies they have already spotted us so it's stand and fight!

They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2020
    Wait...I've been out of touch for a few days........Last thing I recall was deciding to inquire about the gem at the local town. Anyone care to fill me in on how we got here???

They decided to keep on going instead of going into town. So now they want to get killed by some murderhobos.

Screenshot-20201120-180122-Samsung-Internet.jpg

I assumed we were on our way to the town in the mountain range?
  • /AdmiralAckbar IT'S A TRAP!

Whatchu think that bright light indicated? RUN!
    daveywavey wrote: »

its off because we have it from Twitter, Facebook and the forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

"🗻Onwards, friends! As we reach the base of the mountain range, a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

I would interpret this as going onwards.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

This confused me also. As someone who doesn't really do FB or Twitter, it would be nice if the votes from those sources were incorporated into the forum results so we can see where we really are. Make this the 'official' poll, so to speak.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • I haven't gotten to cut anyone recently. I think a nice sword enhanced with bright flame could scare off the limbs of a few ruffians. Sorry Nagash, do your minions like lightly toasted man meat?
    Qock wrote: »
    I haven't gotten to cut anyone recently. I think a nice sword enhanced with bright flame could scare off the limbs of a few ruffians. Sorry Nagash, do your minions like lightly toasted man meat?

as long as the bones are semi intact I can use them
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

Gah. I was hoping we'd get to have our own. :(

Gah. I was hoping we'd get to have our own. :(

on the forums

lZnK41z.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Kuldjux wrote: »

This confused me also. As someone who doesn't really do FB or Twitter, it would be nice if the votes from those sources were incorporated into the forum results so we can see where we really are. Make this the 'official' poll, so to speak.

Totally agree. I found the old post and was like, WTF? The FB and Twitter info should be represented someway in the forum poll.......imho
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Maybe the Facebook & Twitter folks are this party we're approaching... is that considered fratricide?

Meh. /looses arrows
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • AmarAmar Member
    edited November 2020
    Nock...Draw.... Loose... Empties quiver and draws short sword... Oo wait is anyone left standing between Crow3 and me??
  • VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm very disappointed in the 15%. You have just made a tactical mistake and will all probably be dead soon. "a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

This is describing an ambush. You are already in the kill zone. And a well planned ambush leaves no escape. Trying to flee the way you came in takes you deeper into a kill zone. Your counter-ambush tactic needs to be an immediate response with overwhelming force, to engage a sector of the enemy and push through them. To gain cover and take as much control over the engagement as you can. You can't go back, you can't stay where you are now. You must push, hard, now. Secure a position where you can gain an advantage and choose an effective disengagement.

Trying to just run away will get you all slaughtered.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fight or Flight is our emotional response, but we stand our ground in readiness; perhaps they are in need of assistance.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Cujo wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed in the 15%. You have just made a tactical mistake and will all probably be dead soon. "a radiant burst of energy surrounds us, temporarily halting our movement. Another group of adventurers is closing in, weapons at the ready."

This is describing an ambush. You are already in the kill zone. And a well planned ambush leaves no escape. Trying to flee the way you came in takes you deeper into a kill zone. Your counter-ambush tactic needs to be an immediate response with overwhelming force, to engage a sector of the enemy and push through them. To gain cover and take as much control over the engagement as you can. You can't go back, you can't stay where you are now. You must push, hard, now. Secure a position where you can gain an advantage and choose an effective disengagement.

You can be on my team.
    Cujo wrote: »

You can stay and fight, while I will just... Fade Away~ Fade Away~
    giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Cujo wrote: »

You can stay and fight, while I will just... Fade Away~ Fade Away~
    giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKS_c82-h8&list=LLwf_bsWx2mCSotlEl1AicYg&index=2788
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Could we simply throw them the cursed gem we picked on the way? I might be enough to at least confuse them and give us an advantage.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !