Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Family System

StorySurgeonStorySurgeon Member
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Based on what we've heard so far, which of these scenarios do you think is in game?

Ao-C-Family-system.jpg
#InsectTulnar

Comments

• I think we can already confirm that there will not be an endless chain of intermingling families. The number is 8 players in a family and you can only be in one family. It would be extremely stupid otherwise.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Scenario 2
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Scenario 1 is just weird - I don't know any games that have done it that way.
    nobody knows for sure though, we'll see.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    I think we can already confirm that there will not be an endless chain of intermingling families. The number is 8 players in a family and you can only be in one family. It would be extremely stupid otherwise.

Pretty much said it all.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
    I think we can already confirm that there will not be an endless chain of intermingling families. The number is 8 players in a family and you can only be in one family. It would be extremely stupid otherwise.

I thought the same thing, but many complaints I've seen seemed to describe something like scenario 1 where guilds could just pull each other to zerg.
    #InsectTulnar

I thought the same thing, but many complaints I've seen seemed to describe something like scenario 1 where guilds could just pull each other to zerg.

Well that is still going to be an issue. What you do is have everyone in the guild form a family inside the guild. You then form 8 man scouting groups with each player being from different families. Then you send everyone out scouting for prime farming spots/world bosses/dungeons etc. Once you find your spot your 8 man group summons up to 7 people each. This alone equals a quick 56 man zerg.

I'm sure there will be a more optimized version of this I am just detailing how the mechanics would work.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At least its been a few weeks since the last ridiculously long thread of exactly the same topic (after a series of such threads) died. Hopefully this one and others die so that we can wait until the Alpha 2 testing period.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    And that exact graphic was already posted on Discord. Answer of which it is (the one on the right) was given with citations from the wiki.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg