Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Short subscription question

Hello guys!
I tried to search for this information and I was not able to find it. I apologize if it was answered before.

I know the game will be subscription based and I have no problem with that (I actually think it's the healthiest thing to do), however...

What happens with my account if for one or two months (or longer periods of time) I know I won't be able to play (because life happens - let's say I have exams or some other reasons), and I don't pay the sub for that period of time? Will there be a cooldown period, will I lose my account in that case? What are your plans in this case?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Normally, your account becomes "inactive" if you don't renew your subscription and once you do, you continue where you left of.

I yet haven't seen cases in which accounts were deleted, in subscription or free to play games alike. The only cases in which accounts where deleted were due to database migrations or cleanups, which were announced weeks ahead of time through all available platforms.
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As Flip stated, you would become inactive. You would most likely lose your player housing for non-payment of taxes or possible node destruction. (you would not lose stuff inside, the layout is mailed to you in that case to make rebuilding/redecorating). There have been questions in the past from people wanting to know if they can stop and start their subscription time as wanted. For example, purchase 6 months, play for 2 months, turn off their sub for a year, then come back and use the remaining 4 months. That is not an option. (and I have never gotten an answer about a game title that allows you to do that from those promoting the idea) Hope that covers any of your scenarios.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Alright, thanks! :)
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Looks like the others have given solid answers so far, so I'm closing this thread. If you have any other questions or would like more clarification please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.