Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[root of a problem found?] I think I found when posts are failing to show

<strong>TLDR: Look at the post number 5 for exact rules how to not fail your posts.</strong>

________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I post a regular post (just a plain text) It works OK.

However, every time when I quote someone without removing all HTML formatting besides
<strong>blockquote</strong> and <strong>/blockquote</strong> TAGS the post will be posted but remain completely invisible.

So certain parts of HTML formatting breaks the posts. :)

Comments

• Options
    <blockquote>

However, every time when I quote someone without removing all HTML formatting besides
    <strong>blockquote</strong> and <strong>/blockquote</strong> TAGS the post will be posted but remain completely invisible.

</blockquote>

I just quoted myself removing those DIV and HREF blocks, and leaving only blockquote tags and it works.
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/root-of-a-problem-found-i-think-i-found-when-posts-are-failing-to-show/#post-26195">Gothix wrote:</a></div><blockquote>

</blockquote>
    I just quoted myself removing those DIV and HREF blocks, and leaving only blockquote tags and it works.

</blockquote>

Quoting myself leaving those other HTML parts inside makes my post invisible.
  • Options
    <strong>"Quoting myself leaving those other HTML parts inside makes my post invisible."</strong>

^ This is what I just posted in a post above this one (where I didn't remove those DIV and HREFs from quote) and post broke, it is somewhere here above but invisible.

So certain HTML elements are what's breaking the posts.

As a workaround for now, try to avoid quoting and pasting links in your posts. If you have to quote do it with plain BLOCKQUOTE tag and nothing else.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    <blockquote>
    So certain HTML elements are what’s breaking the posts.
    </blockquote>

Just bumping so it's at the top.

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/root-of-a-problem-found-i-think-i-found-when-posts-are-failing-to-show/">https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/root-of-a-problem-found-i-think-i-found-when-posts-are-failing-to-show/</a>

You can see how my posts now work. :)
  • Options
    <strong>HOW TO WRITE WITHOUT BREAKING YOUR POSTS:</strong>

1. If you wish to post a link in your post DO NOT just paste link text and leave it like that. It will either break your post, or leave huge square across the middle of the screen hiding your buttons.

Instead paste the link test, then select it, click link in format menu then just click ADD LINK. Link will be correctly shown in it's plain form like in my post above this one.

2. If you quote someone remove all the links you see in his post (and other HTML elements like DIV block), leave only his plain text and starting and ending BLOCKQUOTE tag.

If you wish leave someones link in his quoted text, leave a plain link text first then do procedure number 1 from this post.

3. Apparently also you can not have more than one link in your post. It also makes it invisible.
  • Options
    <blockquote><strong>HOW TO WRITE WITHOUT BREAKING YOUR POSTS:</strong>

1. If you wish to post a link in your post DO NOT just paste link text and leave it like that. It will either break your post, or leave huge square across the middle of the screen hiding your buttons.

Instead paste the link test, then select it, click link in format menu then just click ADD LINK. Link will be correctly shown in it’s plain form like in my post above this one.

2. If you quote someone remove all the links you see in his post (and other HTML elements like DIV block), leave only his plain text and starting and ending BLOCKQUOTE tag.

If you wish leave someones link in his quoted text, leave a plain link text first then do procedure number 1 from this post.

3. Apparently also you can not have more than one link in your post. It also makes it invisible.

</blockquote>

Testing. This nifty work around for the forum.

Testing edit function.

Testing adding a link.
    <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/">https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/</a>
  • Options
    You my friend are legendary :D Thanks
  • Options
    Does an image count as a link though??
  • Options
    I figured it was something to do with the two types of tagging.
    Thanks for the heads up.
This discussion has been closed.