Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Council Recruitment! North America - 8+ Alpha I and 20+ in Alpha II!

KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited May 2021 in NA Guild Recruitment
NA East and West primarily but we welcome all those willing to abide by some simple rules.

Looking forward to organizing competitive play at all levels of AoC.

Council is a guild I ran in WoW for 7 years (from vanilla). At our best we were running six 10 man raid groups (all different players and no alts were allowed in core groups). Each member of the council (guild leader) rank was responsible for recruiting and organizing guild events and their own raid. It was an amazing time and I have yet to see or be a part of anything as developed as we were. This was achieved because we grew a true community and worked together to improve at the game. Toxic players/racism are not allowed. General trash talking is ALWAYS welcomed :smile: The only other rule is to learn from your mistakes. This applies to in game actions as well as interaction with other players. We WILL have a powerful presence on whatever server we play on. I will recruit actively without mass recruiting and dedicate my time to you as much as you do to the community.
Guild Structure; we are actively recruiting players interested in all roles.

Guild Leader - Khronus

Council - 6 players (Acting Guild Leaders). Responsible for running the guild (administrative tasks), organizing content, recruitment, promoting players up and demoting players to the curb (haha, you have to really mess up for this to happen).

Class Officer - 8 players (one for each class). Responsible for knowing anything and everything about their class, training players on proper rotations and theory crafting to min/max gear and dps/heals/mitigation.

Ship Captain - Aedrip and Corbin Dallas. In charge of our fleet. Experts of the seas and masters of shipbuilding as well as siege weapons.

Artisan Officer - 3 players (One for each artisan path). These officers will master and learn ALL there is to know about each respective path. They will also be able to answer any questions and guide guild members to achieve artisan expertise.

Raider - The majority of players in the guild. A raider is an individual that all of Council can rely on to defend our turf, demolish the enemies land, and execute our vision precisely. Teamwork is CRITICAL to our success and these players exhibit this tenfold.

Member - A player who passes the trial phase. You are the heart of Council working your way towards Raider rank by furthering your connections in the community and mastering your class. You are able to help fill in roles when needed and will be included in organization/planning for all events.

Nomad - A player who simply wants to be part of the guild to enjoy guild perks but prefers to solo. We love you and you are absolutely part of the family. The main difference here is you don't have the responsibility a Raider has to help consistently with raid nights and defend our land. Do your own thing while being a part of the community.

Trial - A member on trial. In order to move out of the trial position, you must get the approval from at least 5 out of the 7 guild leaders in the Council rank. In order to be considered for approval, you must have 3 recommendations from any rank above trial. I built this system because it keeps everything in house and it builds relationships while supporting the community aspect that Intrepid Studios is trying to lean on with AoC. Plus.....it seems really fun to have an established system that is plain and simple. I WANT you to move up, not out.

I will always welcome feedback, ideas, and constructive criticism. We are in this together and together we will do amazing things!

Discord: https://discord.gg/x9H8ukR

This is not a job. This is a great game and we are a great community. Your "application" to join us is getting to know the players and enjoying each others company as we master our corner of the world. Joining a guild does not have to be on launch day. MANY of us have Alpha 2 and we are all dying to dive into this world head first. Don't hesitate, contact me TODAY.

Add me on Discord (Khronus#4299). Let's chat!

Comments

• KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    Let's iron out LOOT. Councils loot system has been developed over several years of MMO gaming. At the end of the day, NOBODY wants loot drama (especially me). Loot will go to where it makes sense and is based on a few different factors.

Class officers will be heavily leaned on when handing out gear. "Fair and balanced while still thinking progression and PvP" is our approach and it is the responsibility of the class officer to know where the loot should go as it drops. Every single situation can be handled with a discussion and a cool head but in AoC I don't think we are going to have the time to discuss anything while on the battlefield. This part will evolve as we learn more of the game and the systems.

As items/materials are collected, my goal is to simply be told where things go by the class officers based on what will maximize our raid/pvp talent and reward players for their time. "That's mine, I earned it" is not acceptable. "Give it to XXXXX, he kicked ass today and it would be a HUGE increase to XXXX stat" is what we are looking for during raids. The goal - boosting each other up rather than greedily trying to move the needle.

At the end of the day all loot is just a 1 or a 0. I will be farming my ass off and mastering my tank to make sure we have a stockpile of goods to be used by any players who need it. If we all have this mentality, we all get fitted with the finest gear in Verra.
  • I am relatively new with the guys from the council but have already made fast friends that share a great passion for games in general Super excited for AoC with like minding players who have the same feelings and drive to work hard at what looks like an amazing MMO!
    @Nicotine03 We are certainly glad to have you! When this game finally comes out, we will definitely be making an impact on our server together!
  • Good morning, afternoon, evening. I have joined Council for a few months now and will happily say that everyone that I have met is super welcoming and always willing to help with anything. They have a great team and I will be incredibly happy to be joining them for the launch of AoC!!
  • Hey so ima ask a couple questchionns. So east or west? That’s like a four hour difference, do you have raid leaders in both time zones? So your a current wow player? If you do play wow what are the chances you leave to go play wow again? Do you have a good backing from people you ran the guild with that will be in the guild too or will it be new leaders?
    @Wompingtons

"So east or west? That’s like a four hour difference, do you have raid leaders in both time zones?" - I am in California. East to West time zone difference is 3 hours. I've never really had anyone ask me about time zone different raid leaders. West coast players typically raid later. Time constraints and gaming/life balance is important to me. I don't expect people to no life a game like I do but it's great when they do haha.

"So your a current wow player? If you do play wow what are the chances you leave to go play wow again?" - I cannot stand WOW any longer. I disbanded the guild several years ago after achieving 86th in the world on heroic Nefarian. This was the most no life moment for me and for everyone with us. We didn't have a chance to be sponsored by anyone who wasn't top 50 so we took that as a great achievement but also as a second job that didn't pay. I have actually stayed away from MMO's until seeing what AoC could become.

"Do you have a good backing from people you ran the guild with that will be in the guild too or will it be new leaders?" - As of right now, most of my original team is off in college, with family, or lost in the abyss. As much as I would love for them all to join again, I can't pressure anyone if it's not right for them. I have been recruiting here and there one on one (never mass recruiting as mass recruitment guilds ruin mmos and fail miserably). There will be new leaders and opportunities for others to help me grow this into a robust community of talented players.

I am in an interesting situation in my life where I am able to play an MMO with my oldest son. The next generation of gamers if you will haha. Nostalgia and the extreme quality that I am seeing in AoC is giving me hope that this will be really fun and bring back the social aspect that used to have but no longer does in any way.
  • LawmageLawmage Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm looking for a guild with a council system that votes on decisions. Do the 7 members vote on all/most guild decisions? If so, where's an application.
    I am happy you read the thread and are interested! I spent a lot of time coming up with this system and find a lot of fun with it. It's also great because if someone ever leaves, the guild doesn't fall apart. There will always be leaders and players ready to move up.

For now, I am refraining from using an application system. I dislike the idea of liking or disliking someone based on what they type up. I would rather play with you, get to know you and your playstyle and go from there. As long as there is no racism/toxicity and there IS a willingness to learn and improve, you will fit right in!

As for voting decisions. In this game I will include a lot of guild-wide voting because of node focus and other things (taxes and such assuming we get some mayors!). Guild kicks will come down to council decisions.
    Currently up to 7 members for Alpha II and growing (20+ in guild and growing!). If what you read above is interesting, don't hesitate to message me on discord and learn more!
  • GodIsHereForUGodIsHereForU Member
    edited December 2020
    Sounds like a good time. I dont have a lot of experience playing mmo's but I know the gist from watching friends and family play. I like the idea of being a merc, and i plan to go full ranged dps builds for full degeneracy mongol style. I would realy like to be part of your guild and see if i can make or join a subgroup of people dedicated to being the pvp muscle.
    I would love to have you on board! Add me on discord when you have a moment and we can connect there : ).

Khronus#4299
  • I'm really looking forward to playing with the group! Feel free to join us in discord and play/grow with us as we wait for alpha 2 :smiley:
  • Greetings to all! I'm an old man and long time game player (50 some years) started with D&D, solo pc games on an apple II. My first MMO was Everquest. I left it to play WOW 16 years ago. Now i'm looking for something new. I've been looking at Ashes for about 6 weeks now and I'm starting to get really excited about it. Your "Shroom" caught my eye so I'd like to know more and get better acquainted.
    Friar Mike wrote: »
    Greetings to all! I'm an old man and long time game player (50 some years) started with D&D, solo pc games on an apple II. My first MMO was Everquest. I left it to play WOW 16 years ago. Now i'm looking for something new. I've been looking at Ashes for about 6 weeks now and I'm starting to get really excited about it. Your "Shroom" caught my eye so I'd like to know more and get better acquainted.

What a great gaming history! Add me on discord and we can chat more! (Khronus#4299)
  • ScubamesteveScubamesteve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I click link and hit these specific keys. I am qualified!
    I click link and hit these specific keys. I am qualified!

We are certainly happy to have you on board Scubamesteve! Only time will tell if you will be able to hit the right keys while in game!
  • TacVikTacVik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to tackling Ashes with all of you!
    TacVik wrote: »
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to tackling Ashes with all of you!

The warm welcome is well deserved! This game is going to be a blast and together, we are going to do some GREAT things : )
  • TacoRTacoR Member
    edited April 2021
    I've been in Council for 2 years now (we originally built our community for Rust and Escape from Tarkov). When we discovered Ashes, we just knew......this was a game meant for us. Looking forwarded to meeting all the new faces while we wait for Alpha 2!
  • RsMadeMePhatRsMadeMePhat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Chilled with the guild for quite some time in Discord and had a good laugh and makes me even more excited for the awesome game :D
  • Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Really active community been with them for several months there's almost always someone in lobby and if not you wont be lonely for long, very big on team building very welcoming group and very competitive people. If you're serious about ashes you should check us out
  • TacoRTacoR Member
    edited April 2021
    Really like the changes to the trial rank and how to be promoted.
    TacoR wrote: »
    Really like the changes to the trial rank and how to be promoted.

Thanks : ). I wanted to introduce a way that would promote the community aspect as well as get more people working together prior to the alpha 2 launch.
  • RsMadeMePhatRsMadeMePhat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Been hanging with these guys for almost a month now and we've played all sorts of games together. This guild is awesome and if you're looking for some truly passionate people to hang with this is the place to be!
    Soktharon wrote: »
    Been hanging with these guys for almost a month now and we've played all sorts of games together. This guild is awesome and if you're looking for some truly passionate people to hang with this is the place to be!

Likewise brother! We're glad to have you and look forward to the adventures ahead!
  • DripDrip Member, Alpha One
    I was looking for a guild that wasn't hardcore beyond belief, a chill environment to make some new friends and play games with them. I've been with this guild for at least 5 months now and it's one of the best that I've ever been in. Friendly people who love to joke around. We're not the biggest right now but that's what makes it a good time to join in. We all know each other and get along pretty well. It's a good family to be in. Can't wait to see all the new faces that try us out .
    Drip wrote: »
    I was looking for a guild that wasn't hardcore beyond belief, a chill environment to make some new friends and play games with them. I've been with this guild for at least 5 months now and it's one of the best that I've ever been in. Friendly people who love to joke around. We're not the biggest right now but that's what makes it a good time to join in. We all know each other and get along pretty well. It's a good family to be in. Can't wait to see all the new faces that try us out .

I really appreciate that. "It's a good family to be in" - this is how I know we are doing something right. It's only up from here!