Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 11AM PST

Comments

• SnowfeatherSnowfeather Member
    edited December 2020
    This question was touched on a little bit in the last stream, but i was hoping for a little more clarification. Yall stated that the cash shop wouldnt strip the game of all its epicness, and that once limited timed things were gone, they were gone (like they are now).

Q - What i would like to know, is what kind of rotation can we expect from the shop AFTER launch? Will it be like it is now where we get a nice set of monthly cosmetics (which to me is very reasonable), or will it become more of a weekly/daily thing like so many other games that try to always stick their hands in your wallet?
  • BadPotatoBadPotato Member
    edited December 2020
    Hello, thank you once again for providing an opportunity to answer future player concerns and questions.
    Knowing that AoE is an "actual" pre-alpha state at the moment, you were talking about Alpha 1 being focused on server and system testing and player optimization in the last stream. You have also provided a lot of information about region, nodes, races, trading and combat direction of the game; however, you have not mentioned much about artisan specializations in a while.

Knowing all that, my question - Can you talk about your progress with the idea of your crafting system and the development of uniqueness that you are going for so far? If you can, provide basic examples of how substantial you are making the recipe dials [increasing one stat at the expense of another] that are used in customization of crafting items?

Would it be a minor stat increase / decrease that wouldn't really affect the game or similar system to SWG like Jeffrey Bard had mentioned back in 2018.
  • Regarding the religions, will nodes be able to have temples or churches constructed dedicated to one of the six primary religions in the game. If so, how would the role and function of those temples/churches change based on the religion they follow?
  • Will certain mobs have resistance(s), immunity and/or weaknessess to certain things?
    Like a fire elemental would have immunity to fire but weakness to ice?
  • Krim LKrim L Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is the global cooldown on skills here to stay, or will that be changed in later testing?
  • As far as vanity goes, will there be anything to give your character a sort of personal flair? Like anything that would make you stand out among your friends?
  • What are some examples of the action side of the current hybrid combat you have envisioned, mechanically and visually, as in will bow users be able to fire their basic attack in any 3Dvector direction if they are in action camera? And if so, will most of or only a few of the abilities be this way?
  • VertasVertas Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Could we as crafters place something like a mannequin in our shop so that when you're making an item to order the buyer can preview it along with you?
  • Im super excited to play in the glorious world you guys are creating.
    Some questions regarding characters:
    what are your plans for cross-character items (for example mounts)?
    Will this make leveling a lot faster for people who already have a character at max?
    While we are on the topic, are there any plans on limiting amount of characters an account can create?
    And onto that will you be able to have a character a citizen of 1 node and another in a different node? I feel like this will definitely lead to a conflict of interest between you and yourself.

Sorry its a lot, i just went down a train of thought and had to write em all down. Feel free to respond to whatever you think is most important
  • Will summons be limited to a specific number across all summoner classes or Will there be room for choosing to overwhelm your opponent by swarming them with many weak summons instead of fighting with 2-3 stronger ones?
  • mofedaymofeday Member
    edited December 2020
    Hello, so i wanted to ask you more about rules and your actions vs people who breaks this rules.

So the main exploits of the game is:

• 1)Buy gold from another palyers
    • 2)Marcos for auto loot some spots with ore or herbs.
    • 3)Soft for auto loot some spots with ore or herbs.
    • 4)Talking with moderators about the enemies type of armor and other actions.
    • 5)Buy soft that allow to use bots. Or maybe just make your attack faster 150%(like it was in bdo).
    • 6)Some dupe mechanic. Or abusing that after restart change on enchant was always 100%(because of some bug)

In old L2 servers(EU) bots was fine, while you paying for additional accounts for bots(no reaction from devs).

On BDO(ru) soft for fishing(more when 3 years) and soft for faster attack(more when 2 years) was fine too(no reaction from devs).

On classic L2 servers(RU) after 1 month they not only ban bots, but ban players who buy gold that was from bots. Becouse of that players stoped buying gold.

On L2 servers(RU) people pay moderators to know what type of armor have the enemies in arena(no reaction from devs).

So where will you draw the line that this is unacceptable.fnfxgzf8fpr21.jpg
  • Not sure if this has been asked.

Will there be a way for you or your group to permanently flag yourself for pvp vs another player or group? I appreciate the philosophy of choosing your own enemies over WoW's 2 faction system, but once I find those enemies, can we declare war on each other so we can duke it out without need for special events, and without suffering the penalties of the flag system?
  • Sorry if this has been asked before;

Given that the world is ever changing and affected by all the players inside of it, and that you as a player will be incredibly affected by those changes, how will you balance that for people who do not log in every day?

Some people might only have time to log in once per week during weekends, or maybe they go on a vacation for a few weeks. It would be pretty sad if you logged back in and lost your house and everything in it due to a siege taking place when you were offline.
  • Can we get some more information as to what the Necromancer playstyle will be like or what their role will end up fitting into PVP, raids, and dungeons?
  • Why make only one Tank Class when you have 4 DPS classes (Rogue, Mage, Ranger, Fighter)?
  • since you mentioned further community conntest, are they mostly going to be of an "painting / skulpting" sorts like for halloween? Or have you planed to increas diverity, for exampl writing (creating fanfiction), or poetry (poems & music) conntest?
  • Is an auction type looting system (Highest Bid) in consideration for the game?
  • What kinds of things will we find exploring the world? Caves, bandit hideouts, hidden treasures, etc? I really enjoyed the world exploration in Skyrim.
  • Is Castle Siege still planned? And when can we expect it? During alpha1 phase? In alpha2 phase? In beta phase? Or in between any of these phases?

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you.

And hi Toast.
  • Will the optional quest-lines for The Others result in players gaining corruption?
    #InsectTulnar
  • WriksWriks Member
    edited December 2020
    Wont corruption be a problem if for exemple i play a rogue and i'm able to cc a player and one shot him without him being able to touch me ? This means you can't one shot anyone even from your level without having repercussion.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wriks wrote: »
    Wont corruption be a problem if for exemple i play a rogue and i'm able to cc a player and one shot him without him being able to touch me ? This means you can't one shot anyone even from your level without having repercussion.

you wont be able to one-shot people that easily
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited December 2020
    Will the armor/outfit options in AoC be more conservative, or will we see skimpy options? Yours truly personally favors more-functional armoring and appearances, but we also know that Steven's a big Lineage 2 fan - which had multiple thong options.

There has to have been a good amount of dev discussion and arguements about this matter. Can you please share some insight into the topic of skimpy or revealing outfits in AoC?
  • FalwickFalwick Member
    edited December 2020
    Will there be military nodes like in BDO? I am favor of it. For example, is it possible first we start with an outpost then upgrade it into military fortress.
  • angelicshiyaangelicshiya Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When it comes to the character models are there plans to make them look different because I don't know if the models i.e. the human are store bought assets or actually made. The races honestly just look like short and tall humans minus orc and tulnar.
  • TirigonKTirigonK Member
    edited December 2020
    Will we see the other skills of the archtypes in action for the early lvls like the Cleric vid after this NDA AlphaOne Weekend?
  • will there be a worldwide merch shop in the future? with t-shirts, hoodies, figures, etc?
    Questions? all available info about AoC can be found here:
    AoC Wiki
    tech support
    FAQ Channel AoC Discord
    AoC Support&FAQ Forum
    USE THE FORUM SEARCH BAR ;)

no answer found? ask here:
    Ask a Question
  • Will there be skills which are affected by debuffs/buffs on the enemy (For example dealing extra damage if enemy is bleeding or root in the enemy is slowed)
  • if you haven't already, can you give us more information about how the alpha one pre test 1 went? What worked well, what still needs to be worked on and where have problems emerged?
    AoC Wiki
    tech support
    FAQ Channel AoC Discord
    AoC Support&FAQ Forum

Ask a Question
  • If you decide to use EU servers instead of country-specific servers (German server, French server, etc.), will there be an in-game translator for messages so that players from different countries, without knowledge of English, can interact with each other?
    AoC Wiki
    tech support
    FAQ Channel AoC Discord
    AoC Support&FAQ Forum

Ask a Question