Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 11AM PST

Comments

• How do you plan on combating finding groups with no LFG for dungeons that are less popular?
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited December 2020
    Hjerim wrote: »
    How will festives be implemented in Ashes of Creation? Will nodes be festive themed doing Christmas and/or Halloween and will we see special events linked to the festives?

@Hjerim iirc correctly, yes. But they will relate to Verra. For more information:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Seasonal_events

Darkfuria wrote: »
    When a popular streamer is on a server ,he/she will have advantage over other players ,because they will have thousands of players to help them in pvp content , i think that will be unfair and can destroy the server.What are your thoughts on this ?Ty

@Darkfuria Their influence over other players is no different than the influence of guilds. Afaik Intrepid won't and probably can't do anything about this..and it's okay.

Minamas wrote: »
    When will it be possible to buy access to the futures Alpha ? (there is any chance to buy it at a lower price than those of this moment ?) Thank you :)

@Minamas If you mean Alpha 1, Steven did mention a possibility of opening the sales once again further in testing. Alpha 2 and Betas you can buy atm. Whether it'd be cheaper..I can't say. Don't keep your hopes up about it tho.

Khayroh wrote: »
    Will players ever reach a point where there isn't a factor driving them to keep playing? One aspect I actually dislike about WoW is that you never hit a point of being "done", even if that means done for the day, week, month, etc. Will max level players ever hit a point where "mandatory" daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly activities are done and they can then focus on what they enjoy, or will there always be more things to do to get ahead in the end game? I hope that there will be that point because as someone who is semi-casual in WoW the pressure to not get behind and do a bunch of chore-like activities can be annoying and off-putting, so I think it'd be nice if the soft-mandatory activities were few and far between and that would allow me to do crafting, mount farming, and other things I actually enjoy, without losing any player power by spending time doing those things.

TLDR: In the max level end game, will players reach a point of being "done" for a period of time until the next siege, node change, etc?

@Khayroh They don't like to use the word ''end game'' (hence trying to make the max level experience pretty much the same as early level - equally enjoyable etc). There will be lots of horizontal progression for players to discover. ''The goal is to have more things than player has time for''. For more information check out https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Leveling#End_game

Jaye5h wrote: »
    Will every race have their own style of combat? For example an elf being more fluid with their attacks as compared to a more brutal style of an orc. Just the animations themselves being different.

@Jaye5h That was mentioned once, yes. Also there're racial augments etc.

You mentioned that there is an area called the "Under Realm" and that the Tulnar live there, does that mean that the Under Realm will have its own node system? If so would the Under Realms node system work in unison with the over worlds nodes (So for example if the Tulnar built a stage 2 node, and the one directly above it was a Science Metropolis with the fast travel structure could you fast travel to the Tulnars node if it was close enough/in the area of influence?) Or would they essentially be their own server where the nodes in the overworld have no effect on them?

@DoctorRogue Yes under realm has its own node system which will interact with the surface world in various ways. As for nodes above them - they won't be in the same Zone of Influence. For more information: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Leveling#End_game

Miinstrel wrote: »
    How exposed is equipment during open-world pvp looting? "Albion" style where essentially everything is lost? Only "backpack" items or materials gathered? Somewhere in between?

@Miinstrel there won't be a full loot system, no. In open world PvP, people will drop a portion of their mats. For more information check out
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Looting#cite_ref-dungeons-leak.png_6-0

Will you have to visit a stable/harbour to summon mounts/ships or will there be a cast-time for summoning mounts/ships?

@George Black Ships can only be summoned from a port or harbor yes.

wollz wrote: »
    What direction do you see the combat going in terms of pace and skill (complexity). Are you going for a more slow and thinking combat or fast pace that works with action and reaction (fast reaction time).

@wollz Both. It'll depend on what abilities you choose and how you want to play the game. Intrepid will offer you the choice.

Neurotoxin wrote: »
    Does every player's character, pet, riding mount, mule, caravan, and ship, all have an aesthetics/skin slot, equipment slots, level ups, skills, and features for progression?

@Neurotoxin Yes, yes and yes.

I was wondering about the alpha dates and and if alpha 2 keys are separate play times or is it between alpha1 and beta.

@SerenitySmiles We don't have a date for Alpha 2 yet but official Alpha 1 will begin in April and last for a month (with further tests in the future). Alpha 2, unlike Alpha 1, will be persistent testing. They will be tested separately and Alpha 2 is naturally between Alpha 1 and Beta soo dunno what you mean exactly.

I leave the questions in pages 2, 3 and 4 to other people. Gambare and see your in the livestream!
    signature.png
  • SqueezySqueezy Member
    edited December 2020
    How will open-world/instanced raids as well as world bosses be reset? What is the reasoning behind your choice?
    Ymir-Transparent-Background.png
    ᚺᛖᚨᚱᚦ ᛟᚠᚦᛖ ᛊᚺᚨᛞᛟᚹ ᛁᛗᛁᚱ
  • Will there be a game mode, specifically PvP, where gear is normalized (to a degree)?

Feels bad to take a hiatus for a couple months to then have to do the gear grind all over again to be competitive.
  • About equipment (armor), will you be able to change one armor to look like other while having same stats, and the more you upgrade equipment will it like have ome special effects (shine, glow, be on fire/ice..) and how much of equipment/armor will be there. Happy holidays readers :smile:
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    === Page 1 ===
    1)
    Magic Man wrote: »
    Will some classes be more basic attack (Q/Left Click) focused like rangers and fighters while others (perhaps mages and clerics etc) more ability oriented? (Just to make it clear: tanks and fighters for instance may have mostly abilities that empower their basic attacks. Rangers - while dealing constant damage may have empowered shots and whatnot in between their basic attacks. Mages and Clerics however, may not use much basic attacks and focus more on abilities)
    Your question is valid and almost assuredly the answer is "yes" but we don't have an official sound-bite on that from Intrepid. As you point out, "Mages/Clerics/Summoners" will most assuredly primarily be "caster" classes whereas Fighters/Rogues/Rangers" might be attack-enhancing classes since they are "melee" classes traditionally. Perhaps that's the best way to frame the question and perhaps reword is as "melee" versus "caster".

2)
    Talents wrote: »
    Do you have any idea how strong you're planning to make Legendary Unique equipment? For example, will it just be 5% stronger than the strongest Epic rarity equipment, or will it blow that Epic equipment out of the water?
    I don't believe they can give you a definitive number here as then everyone will hold them to it. It's a valid question for sure but I think you won't get much in terms of an answer other than "they will be ____ stronger than epic" where ____ is either "somewhat", "significantly" or "barely". Still good to know.

3)
    Hjerim wrote: »
    How will festives be implemented in Ashes of Creation? Will nodes be festive themed doing Christmas and/or Halloween and will we see special events linked to the festives?
    Your answer is here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Seasonal_events (read Cultural references section there too).

4)
    Darkfuria wrote: »
    When a popular streamer is on a server ,he/she will have advantage over other players ,because they will have thousands of players to help them in pvp content , i think that will be unfair and can destroy the server.What are your thoughts on this ?Ty
    You are basically saying "people with friends will have an advantage; I don't think that's fair". This is a MMO. It's designed to be social. Make friends. They are not going to do anything about that.

5)
    Xyls wrote: »
    Will guilds/alliances have the option to have permanent or long-lasting wars with other guilds/alliances, or will the guild war system only allow for short duration conflicts?
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guild_wars
    They won't be "permanent". They will be objective-based. They will last until the objective is met or one of the guilds "surrenders".

6)
    Jahlon wrote: »
    When you destroy a caravan you have to take the "redemption certificates" back to the point of origin; however, how can you redeem these certificates if you are war target for a Node war...Won't the guards kill you on sight?
    To piggy-back on this "what if the node is destroyed before you redeem your certificates"? Part of the answer to your question though might be in the tail-end of Steven's statement here: "Now the idea with that certificate is that it must be taken back to the point of origin, or at least a region within that point of origin." I know that you know that they are unsure about that second part though so still a very good question.

8)
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Are there any plans to expand the Bounty Hunting system past policing Corrupted players? In the current designs shown and with the stated sentiment on corrupted gameplay, I feel that there will not be enough corrupted players for bounty hunters to make a "job" of bounty hunting.

Are you confident that it will work as is or are you ok with bounty hunting becoming an under used system?
    They don't want griefers in the game, so yes, they are okay with Bounty Hunters being under-used. This is why corruption is so heavily-detrimental. BH exist to punish griefers. What will end up happening is unknown, but BH will server as a deterrent to getting Corruption.

9)
    Minamas wrote: »
    When will it be possible to buy access to the futures Alpha ? (there is any chance to buy it at a lower price than those of this moment ?) Thank you :)
    Yes, you can buy access to Alpha-2, Beta-1, Beta-2 currently. See here: https://accounts.ashesofcreation.com/shop
    Prices are unlikely to change/drop as it would cause a mutiny from those that paid full price. There might be ways to win future Alpha/Beta keys just like there were to win Alpha-1, but nothing is guaranteed. Intrepid will let players know prior to the current shop packages that grant Alpha-2 going away.

12)
    Enleiv wrote: »
    Can you give any details on how guild freeholds work, and what relation if any they have to regular player freeholds?
    Guild Freeholds are separate from Player Freeholds. For how they work read here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guilds#Guild_freeholds

13)
    Khayroh wrote: »
    Will players ever reach a point where there isn't a factor driving them to keep playing? One aspect I actually dislike about WoW is that you never hit a point of being "done", even if that means done for the day, week, month, etc. Will max level players ever hit a point where "mandatory" daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly activities are done and they can then focus on what they enjoy, or will there always be more things to do to get ahead in the end game? I hope that there will be that point because as someone who is semi-casual in WoW the pressure to not get behind and do a bunch of chore-like activities can be annoying and off-putting, so I think it'd be nice if the soft-mandatory activities were few and far between and that would allow me to do crafting, mount farming, and other things I actually enjoy, without losing any player power by spending time doing those things.

TLDR: In the max level end game, will players reach a point of being "done" for a period of time until the next siege, node change, etc?
    Please only ask ONE question and read the rules for valid question format in the OP. Also, your questions seems to be more a "wish/request" that the game meets your playstyle and time-availability rather than a real question.

14)
    Jaye5h wrote: »
    Will every race have their own style of combat? For example an elf being more fluid with their attacks as compared to a more brutal style of an orc. Just the animations themselves being different.
    Yes. The animations for every model and thus every race are different and thus will have their own style. Whether they meet your view of elves being more fluid than orcs remains to be seen.

15)
    You mentioned that there is an area called the "Under Realm" and that the Tulnar live there, does that mean that the Under Realm will have its own node system? If so would the Under Realms node system work in unison with the over worlds nodes (So for example if the Tulnar built a stage 2 node, and the one directly above it was a Science Metropolis with the fast travel structure could you fast travel to the Tulnars node if it was close enough/in the area of influence?) Or would they essentially be their own server where the nodes in the overworld have no effect on them?
    Please read (in its entirety): https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Underrealm Especially: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Underrealm#Underrealm_nodes

16)
    Miinstrel wrote: »
    How exposed is equipment during open-world pvp looting? "Albion" style where essentially everything is lost? Only "backpack" items or materials gathered? Somewhere in between?
    Items/Gear is only lost on death for Corrupted Players. Raw Materials and Gatherables are lost on Player Death at different percentage values depending if you fought back or not. Please see: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_death

18)
    Will you have to visit a stable/harbour to summon mounts/ships or will there be a cast-time for summoning mounts/ships?
    No, you can summon mounts and/or ships outside of stables/harbors. For Royal Mounts, in order to have them "fly", they require to be summoned from inside a Royal Stable, but that is a very exclusive situation. Mount summons will have a cast-time (allowing PvP enemies to interrupt you). No idea if ships have a cast-time.

19)
    wollz wrote: »
    What direction do you see the combat going in terms of pace and skill (complexity). Are you going for a more slow and thinking combat or fast pace that works with action and reaction (fast reaction time).
    They said they are looking for a typical time-to-kill to be 30-60 seconds. This leads to a more "slow and thinking" approach. Obviously, fast reaction times will always be a benefit, but in this case the game is not focused on winning due to faster reaction times, but rather decision making.

21)
    Neurotoxin wrote: »
    Does every player's character, pet, riding mount, mule, caravan, and ship, all have an aesthetics/skin slot, equipment slots, level ups, skills, and features for progression?
    Pretty much, yes to all.

25)
    Nagash wrote: »
    Undead race when ^^
    Not anytime soon. I would suggest somewhere between 2027 and never.

26)
    I was wondering about the alpha dates and and if alpha 2 keys are separate play times or is it between alpha1 and beta.
    Alpha-2 is currently unscheduled but will fall after Alpha-1 and before Beta-1. More info here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule

28)
    OmfgRoar wrote: »
    Can you go into detail on dungeons? We've heard they are going to be 80% open world and 20% instanced. Does this mean that a particular dungeon will be 80/20? Or that of all dungeons 80% of the will be open world and 20% of them will be instanced?
    The latter. 80% of the dungeons will be fully open world. The only reason for 20% of dungeons being instances is to allow for Quest Lines to occur without possible disruption from PvP enemies.

30)
    DivineX wrote: »
    Will you guys be including kill stealing? Although you come across a jerk every now and then, I think older games having kill stealing incited people to group up more often to help each other.
    Read here for answer: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Looting#Loot_tagging
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is the quickest take away y'all have learned from this early preview testing?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• aspects of the environment were shown in various videos, such as the seasons, rain and snowfall. What I haven't seen before is wind. will there be dynamic winds (e.g. storms, strong winds, weak winds, calm) that move trees, grass, bushes and your own clothes or will trees, etc. only have a standard movement that is repeated over and over again? and would that, unlike the seasons, exist in all areas of the map?
    Questions? all available info about AoC can be found here:
    AoC Wiki
    tech support
    FAQ Channel AoC Discord
    AoC Support&FAQ Forum
    USE THE FORUM SEARCH BAR ;)

no answer found? ask here:
    Ask a Question
  • Will there be supportive rolls similar to sword singers and blade dancers from lineage2?
  • Half Tilt GamerHalf Tilt Gamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a delay or limit to how many caravans can depart from the same spot?
    Curious if you will be able to set up 'Dummy' caravans in a train with your party or guild mates to try and fool would-be saboteurs
    Find me on Youtube and Twitch as Half Tilt Gamer!
  • On the ashes wiki they say that player owned businesses have to have the player at the shop . Does that mean that when u are offline the shop will be closed?
  • Here is a two-fer: From a purely consumer point of views are the older cosmetics going to become available such as the autumn dragon skin or are they just limited time, additionally if one purchases an older pack will one be able to just purchase individual cosmetics from the future packs
  • Dante MachiavelliDante Machiavelli Member, Alpha One
    As a summoner, can I summon a purple colored vaguely humanoid spirit to vigorously and continually punch my enemies while shouting "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!" as a battlecry?
    ooh ooh oowa oowa
    -tenor.gif
  • lGSMllGSMl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    any 2020 Christmas/New Year stuff in shop?
  • K1ng0fW4r wrote: »
    Will there be skills which are affected by debuffs/buffs on the enemy (For example dealing extra damage if enemy is bleeding or root in the enemy is slowed)

So we've talked a little bit about this in the past: If you have a dagger, daggers might have a chance to proc a bleed on your weapon attack and that would synergize with an active skills' ability like let's say Backstab that does additional damage if the target is under a bleed effect. Livestream 28- August 2020 1h12 min u can find this in the Wiki under skills
  • HogHog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    Will there be a way to lower or raise graphic effects. For example, when a player is using a rouge/assassin type build and would like for their effects to be less conspicuous. Or for a mage that is casting large AOE spells that would normally have huge effects to lower it for more visibility?
    === Page 2 ===

2)
    How are you going to provide crafted gear that is on par with raid gear without recipes and materials being locked behind raid encounters? You talked about crafting being on par with raid gear. However; if the materials to create this crafted gear drops from raid encounters, that's not crafted gear. That's raid gear with extra steps.
    Please read the OP. Only 1 question allowed (you posted another question directly below).

3)
    If a non-combatant does not become combatant when they attack a corrupted player Wouldn't that means a corrupted player can't even fight back to defend themselves as they would become more corrupted if they kill the non-corrupted player who initiates combat. Is this your intention?
    Please read the OP. Only 1 question allowed (you posted another question directly above)

4)
    powurshot wrote: »
    Hello,
    Thank you for taking my question if in fact you do. So we're all excited to participate one way or another in caravans. I'm also highly enthusiastic about sea travel and maybe running my own Tavern off of a sea port. So what about sea fairing vessels transporting goods? How similar or dissimilar to caravans are they in terms of transporting goods, defending them, attacking them, and risk vs. reward?

-Powurshot

P.S. I wish you and all on your team every happiness life has to offer. Can't wait to explore the world you've created!
    Caravans become sea-faring caravans when they traverse over water on their journey. So this already exists and is part of the same system.

10)
    boshean wrote: »
    Can we get more intricate details on smaller things in the game such as Treasure hunting?
    I doubt many of these smaller things are completed or finalized yet so I doubt they can provide much more details than what is already known on the wiki. Obviously, I have no clue what's finalized yet, so valid question.

14-17)
    Since breaking down equipment will be a method to receiving recipes you can craft; what percentage will there be as a success rate of doing so? If you have a legendary item and you want to break it down for a recipe is it 100% or does it taper off the higher tier/quality you go?
    Only 1 Question per Q&A session please. You have 4 on this page.

18)
    Will there be a class focussed on support instead of heal/damage/tank? Like the Bard in FFXI, for example?
    Yes, there will be. See here for a list: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Classes_by_archetype_combination (note Bard is there as a archetype leading to many bard combinations).

19)
    kashikyori wrote: »
    So, about Artisan Mastery..
    ...A character may only ever master one of these parent paths...

Can you elaborate on how this exactly works? Does mastering a Parent Class locks the other Parent class?
    There is a non-constant cost to progress in the Artisan Tree and the cost to master one branch of the Gathering/Processing/Crafting tree does not leave enough progression points to reach mastery in another branch. So no, it doesn't lock out other branches, you just don't have enough points to go into sufficient depth to reach those, however, you can reach some of the earlier "leaves" of that branch.

20)
    Hakaiju wrote: »
    Will stats and values of stats be random to some degree for each item? (For example 4 stats on a item, which are drawn from a pool of 8 possible stats and each stat can roll between 80 and 100)
    Yes, for dropped items. For crafted you can control these based on your crafting proficiency. This was answered in the last Q&A session.

21)
    Been cautiously and optimistically following AoC since 2017 but never got to support with my wallet yet, so will Beta 2 key (75$ pack) be still available after alpha-1 testing next year?
    They stated numerous times that they will post via email/social-media notification when various Alpha-2, Beta-1, Beta-2 keys packages will be phased out and no longer available. You will know 1-2 weeks before they disappear.

22)
    Ely wrote: »
    One of my biggest issues with Final Fantasy 14 is the watering down of party mechanics in favor of the ability to solo to do content. Now that game is far more story driven and there can be an argument that anyone should be able to play the story.

My question here is, is there an intent for all classes to be able to perform all content on their own?

From what I have gathered so far is that AoC is bringing back that community aspect of a MMO, I just want to make sure that abilities and balancing is geared toward a group effort and not a solo one.
    The content is balanced largely to a party of 8-players. You will not be able to complete all content "solo" or "on your own". Some content will require 40-person raids to complete. Others, like Castle Sieges, will require 250 persons probably to have a chance.

23)
    n3b1 wrote: »
    Hello !!!
    I've got 2 questions :)
    1: do skills lock your characters in place ? or only certain skills ?
    2: as a Lineage player I've come to enjoy destroying people that butt in my farm spot (my char's name is usually PkUnit01) and I feel that the downgrade in combat abilities when you've got karma is too much punishment added to the visibility to bounty hunters AND dropping certificates if you die, so how much penalty are we talking about ? 1-2-3% ? or is it higher values so that i can die easier?
    1 Question only or your question for the Q&A session is invalidated. For 1) yes, certain skills lock you in place... go checkout the Cleric level 1-10 video. 2) AoC is very anti-griefing and PK'ing. No offense, but PK'ing will highly punish you and then when you are eventually killed with corruption you will have a huge XP backlog and possibly lose your gear and still potentially remain corrupted. No offense, but how you "feel" doesn't matter.

24)
    Absolut wrote: »
    Is it true that buying all cosmetics will form one Exodia?
    monkaHmm
    Really... that's your use of your one question?

27)
    redzade wrote: »
    Will there be any permanent player housing options or will they all be a part of nodes and vulnerable to being attacked? Also, will stand alone player housing respond to the weather(i.e. snow on the roof during winter weeks)?
    No, all player housing can be lost due to node sieges. Yes, player housing will respond to weather as in other game models.

29)
    Xenantaya wrote: »
    I know that will be world boss raids. Will there also be WoW-style raids where players fight 8 to 10 bosses of increasing difficulty, with trash mobs in between?
    Yes, PvE dungeons will have progressive bosses that change their difficulty based on how your party performed against prior bosses. Note, the "increasing difficulty" is tied to your party's performance and not a linear progression. Videos of dungeons they have done show trash mobs in between.
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nostra wrote: »
    === Page 2 ===

20)
    Will stats and values of stats be random to some degree for each item? (For example 4 stats on a item, which are drawn from a pool of 8 possible stats and each stat can roll between 80 and 100)
    Yes, for dropped items. For crafted you can control these based on your crafting proficiency. This was answered in the last Q&A session.

They only said that all gear could have all stats, but not if the stats themselfs could have different values.
  • Hello!

I am most (almost solely :# ) interested in the gathering of rare goods around the world. Would it be possible to elaborate on how the level of rarity of gather-able goods may range across all of Verra. (Example: near starting areas will there be like common flower you can gather but if you venture on a far away Mountain Top/island there might be a rare fungi.) And will there be mounts specific to helping gatherings (like a truffle dog/pig that will guide you to a gather-able herb if within <5 meter?).
    === Page 3 ===

3)
    TJster wrote: »
    Regarding the religions, will nodes be able to have temples or churches constructed dedicated to one of the six primary religions in the game. If so, how would the role and function of those temples/churches change based on the religion they follow?
    Please read https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Temples in entirety. It answers much of your question. By the way, there are 7 primary religions in game... don't forget the Underrealm.

6)
    Yesman wrote: »
    As far as vanity goes, will there be anything to give your character a sort of personal flair? Like anything that would make you stand out among your friends?
    Cosmetics (currently purchasable from their store). After launch, you can find them in game too.

9)
    Dodo7 wrote: »
    Im super excited to play in the glorious world you guys are creating.
    Some questions regarding characters:
    what are your plans for cross-character items (for example mounts)?
    Will this make leveling a lot faster for people who already have a character at max?
    While we are on the topic, are there any plans on limiting amount of characters an account can create?
    And onto that will you be able to have a character a citizen of 1 node and another in a different node? I feel like this will definitely lead to a conflict of interest between you and yourself.

Sorry its a lot, i just went down a train of thought and had to write em all down. Feel free to respond to whatever you think is most important
    Please read OP. Only 1 question allowed or your entry is invalid.

10)
    Hurtmei wrote: »
    Will summons be limited to a specific number across all summoner classes or Will there be room for choosing to overwhelm your opponent by swarming them with many weak summons instead of fighting with 2-3 stronger ones?
    This gets asked every month. Answer is no. There is a max of 3 summons.

12)
    Tubes wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked.

Will there be a way for you or your group to permanently flag yourself for pvp vs another player or group? I appreciate the philosophy of choosing your own enemies over WoW's 2 faction system, but once I find those enemies, can we declare war on each other so we can duke it out without need for special events, and without suffering the penalties of the flag system?
    Please watch the Q&A session from last month. This exact question was addressed.

14)
    chiari wrote: »
    Can we get some more information as to what the Necromancer playstyle will be like or what their role will end up fitting into PVP, raids, and dungeons?
    Answer is "No". Intrepid stated that Summoners and Bard are the last two archetype they will develop so there is no "more information" they currently can provide.

18)
    What kinds of things will we find exploring the world? Caves, bandit hideouts, hidden treasures, etc? I really enjoyed the world exploration in Skyrim.
    See here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Treasures

21)
    Wriks wrote: »
    Wont corruption be a problem if for exemple i play a rogue and i'm able to cc a player and one shot him without him being able to touch me ? This means you can't one shot anyone even from your level without having repercussion.
    One-shotting will not be possible in AoC. They repeatedly stated they will tweak until the time-to-kill is 30-60 seconds in fair combat. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Combat#Time_to_kill

24)
    Falwick wrote: »
    I have just two questions.

Q1: Will there be military nodes like in BDO? I am favor of it.

Q2: Will there be some kind of npc faction that player can join or gain reputation so that affects pvp among those nations and maybe for some pve elements like zone controlling?
    Only 1 question allowed or your submission is invalid. See OP. 1) Yes, 2) There are many social organizations you can join that will have their own rewards.

25)
    When it comes to the character models are there plans to make them look different because I don't know if the models i.e. the human are store bought assets or actually made. The races honestly just look like short and tall humans minus orc and tulnar.
    Yes. This led to a discussion on hit-box sizes and possible balance issues in a Q&A session two month ago.

26)
    TirigonK wrote: »
    Will we see the other skills of the archtypes in action for the early lvls like the Cleric vid after this NDA AlphaOne Weekend?
    Yes, they said they plan to do more. A release schedule was not provided though.

27, 29, 30) Only 1 question please, you also have another on Page 4.

28)
    K1ng0fW4r wrote: »
    Will there be skills which are affected by debuffs/buffs on the enemy (For example dealing extra damage if enemy is bleeding or root in the enemy is slowed)
    So Yes, there will be Weapon Use Combos (https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Weapon_use_combo_system). If you read that link you will see that "Using a skill/ability will in general reset the combo.[6]" and "The developers are considering specific abilities might be able to be used without resetting the combo system.[6]"
    === Page 4 ===

1)
    knapper wrote: »
    How do you plan on combating finding groups with no LFG for dungeons that are less popular?
    Bulletin Boards and Chat, Message Boards, Discords, Guilds...

4)
    Nokt wrote: »
    Will there be a game mode, specifically PvP, where gear is normalized (to a degree)?

Feels bad to take a hiatus for a couple months to then have to do the gear grind all over again to be competitive.
    Military Node Mayor Elections. But no, generally no. However, gear at max will provide 50% of the player power, so not overcome-able.

8) You asked 3 questions on Page 3 already.

9)
    eroenne wrote: »
    Will there be supportive rolls similar to sword singers and blade dancers from lineage2?
    See here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Classes_by_archetype_combination

11)
    On the ashes wiki they say that player owned businesses have to have the player at the shop . Does that mean that when u are offline the shop will be closed?
    You can nave NPCs at the shop you hire and manage via mobile interface/app. See here: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Citizenship#Mobile.2Fweb_interface . Also, "Renting a player stall enables players to sell items as well as provide repair and enchanting services, even when they are not online.[6]" from https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_stalls.
  • VediaVedia Member
    edited December 2020
    Would Intrepid consider letting the community know if they will be implementing a first person camera mode which allows the player camera to zoom through the player models forehead, placing said camera just outside the player models forehead (so the camera doesn't clip into the player model making the player model invisible), and if not would you consider implementing such a feature so the game can be played in first person and using Vorpx more immersively? (without needing any new animations or extra developer support to implement.)

(The wiki is still really vague on the issue of body visibility in first person, if the first person camera currently makes the body invisible, it would just have to be repositioned at the maximum zoom point by altering the maximum zoom point to land the camera directly outside the player models forehead. This way you get a first person camera with no body clipping issues causing player model invisibility.)

Cyberpunk 2077 is a game that was made without any special animations for VR, and without full body tracking support. However, look how popular playing Cyberpunk 2077 using Vorpx has become and the glowing reviews about it. Best part about Vorpx is no extra developer support or implementation is required to make it work, the software by itself turns regular games into VR games.

Video review: https://youtu.be/dNSVy45mqoE

Reddit review of cyberpunk 2077 and Vorpx.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualreality/comments/kgyha8/hp_reverb_g2_cyberpunk_3080_bliss/
  • IxhixiIxhixi Member
    edited December 2020
    In the November livestream there were some questions answered in the post which weren't answered on stream, one of those was regarding whether or not a court house and court robes and wigs would make an appearance in the game.

Lieutenant Toast answered that it would be open to players to utilise game space to have mock trials, but it still left the question open and I was curious to know if Ashes will have at least one actual court room or empty court room which can be used for mock trials as well as court garb such as silk robes and judicial wigs in the game? Thanks and merry Christmas 😊🎄
    Nostra wrote: »
    === Page 2 ===

20)

They only said that all gear could have all stats, but not if the stats themselfs could have different values.

I understand and that's true. I would advise you to edit the question then and ask exactly the "values" question so that Steven doesn't just answer the "stats" part as sometimes in a rush he only answers the first part of a question.
  • There been some huge threads on this forums plus a dev discussion on toxic behavior....So question what type of things are ther going to be in game to promote a positive environment besides no parses and dps meters that is.
  • What will death penalties be inside of the objective based pvp events such as Caravans, Guild Wars and Sieges?
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • edited December 2020
    Too many MMOS oversexualize female outfits and costumes. Will AoC be taking the same route? Or adding more realism to outfits?
  • What type of system requirements are you going to require to play Ashes of Creation? Are you going to need a beefy build or will this game be laptop friendly?
  • What type of system requirements are you going to require to play Ashes of Creation? Are you going to need a beefy build or will this game be laptop friendly?

That question has been answered here

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Performance

Hope this helps :)
  • A big THANK YOU to everyone who joined in and shared your questions in this thread! <3 The submission period for our upcoming Q&A session is now over - we'll see you at 11AM PST tomorrow for our live stream!

https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif