Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Seven: At the Battle’s End

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    AND!! Who was keeping the gem!? Who failed at guarding it!? Who let them took it!?!?
    No MMORPG fight is complete without \o/ FINGER POINTING \o/

Erm, I think... Errrrr, I think I remember hearing someone say that, er, maybe it was..... erm.....

Who can even remember after so long?! You're living in the past! Quit living in the past!

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

Ahhhh, the advantages of having rats as your preferred enemy. Hand me the gem, and the arrow will only hit your hand.
    AND!! Who was keeping the gem!? Who failed at guarding it!? Who let them took it!?!?

Erm, I think... Errrrr, I think I remember hearing someone say that, er, maybe it was..... erm.....

Who can even remember after so long?! You're living in the past! Quit living in the past!

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

Not for long *release the bone hounds*

*swallows gem and scurries under ground* "Try and find me traitors!"

While I may be bad at fighting in the ground, I will chase you to the end of verra!

Yes-Yes come-follow me man-thing! We will quick-fast welcome you in our burrow-UNDERCITY, YES-YES!
    96ece0d2351eae5c4b0659fc5d00449a.png

Oh I would love to. how many rats have died in the under empire >:)
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

Ahhhh, the advantages of having rats as your preferred enemy. Hand me the gem, and the arrow will only hit your hand.

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

While I may be bad at fighting in the ground, I will chase you to the end of verra!

Yes-Yes come-follow me man-thing! We will quick-fast welcome you in our burrow-UNDERCITY, YES-YES!

How many get replaced you mean? Around a few billion. But how many times did we get you killed? :D
    a6XEiIf.gif

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

How many get replaced you mean? Around a few billion. But how many times did we get you killed? :D

two times yet I'm back
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • voidshadowvoidshadow Member
    edited December 2020
    Runs away!? Excuse me? What, did that dwarf receive the Lebron James buff and just break everyone's ankles? You're telling me a football sized looking ass, two feet off the ground looking ass, toddler legs having ass dwarf is out running us? And one of our options is rest and recover??????????? What is he, freaking Deigo Maradona during his prime?
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Send the Brute Squad!
  • Tracks down the hole he scurried into ... Ummm Mage?? Still have that fireball available?? Oh yah and the earthquake that splits the earth in front of you??
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    One fireball comin' in hot.
    Give back my gem you rodent. Only Dwarves dig in the ground for gems.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • fetch me their souls.
    One fireball comin' in hot.
    Give back my gem you rodent. Only Dwarves dig in the ground for gems.

Time to make some undead moles
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Damokles wrote: »

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

Ah, so brave... It will be nice to see your cities fall, as I raze them!
  • Nagash wrote: »

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

*looks around nervously*

The tulnar

And I still have it.

two times yet I'm back

Well third times the charm!

We will have to get creative and maybe burn you to a crisp, pulverize you (turning you into dust) mix you with some warpstone and consume you little by little. >:)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
    As long as the winds of death blow I will return, for Nagash is all and all are Nagash
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited December 2020
    Nagash is all and all are Nagash

Does that mean you're actually the Big Horny Rat?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

It means everything will die and I am death its self or at least that's what the codex says :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Watches the earth split open above the hole in front of the Mage and a huge fireball fly down the gaping crevasse. Cooked rat isn't my favorite actually far from on the menu however the other fight took some out of me. A good ale will make it palatable...
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    NEXT DEV DISCUSSION, I WILL BE ASKING ABOUT BATTLE THEFT!! How the hell did you lose a gem during a fight when the entirety of the system we know is that item loss occurs on deaths, not simply in battle.

Otherwise there's a few explanations I can think of here:
    1) Ned Ctrl+F to search bags. You have it, it is just buried in a 120-item 5-backpack inventory.
    2) It was destroyed. Despite death being the consequences that correlates to a loss of resources, this gem was a special snowflake and it broke.
    3) The gem was expended somehow. I wanna say gems in the later Ultima series were use items that cast a spell effect. Whomever had it didn't even realize the first spell they cast was free because it expended the gem, and it should have been saved for a world-altering spell that a while religion would gather to use.
    4) It melted. It was just frozen dyed water, whomever thought it was a gem was an idiot and the rest of the party just kinda nodded and said "yeah uh huh, good job let's go" because the lunk thinks anything hard and translucent is a gem.
    5) It had a built-in timer, but nobody ever put their mouse cursor over it so they never looked.
    6) The party member who had it actually snuck off, ran ahead, tried to gank the ambush group, got one person down without a fight and turned red, then got jumped by the crew of the deceased who claimed the gem before getting into position for the people dressed the same way coming up the slope.

Whatever the result, if it is a TTRPG, I'm chewing out the party for being so boneheaded as to move forward without direction instead of taking direction from the small treasure we found.

It means everything will die and I am death its self or at least that's what the codex says :D

You were born once, so you cant be death for death existed before that.
    a6XEiIf.gif

that was before I little absorbed the winds of death and the other gods of death. The end times did wonder to me ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• It is a trap, obviously. They will regroup at choke point and kill you if you run after them exhausted and with low health.

that was before I little absorbed the winds of death and the other gods of death. The end times did wonder to me ^^

Yeah well, we all know what happens in the end times....
    *queue Skaven eating everything and everyone in a blind rage*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • TarkusBlackTarkusBlack Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CHASE THEM DOWN!!!!!!
  • "It obviously fell out of a pocket when the mage knocked us all down" I shout, as the entire groups runs off without thinking. *sigh*
    Next chapter soon?
    Or did all the crazies and murder hobos scare off GM Toast?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Hehe, I imagine they just had a break for Christmas. They did it every Wednesday last year, so hopefully today...

I wants mah gemmie back!
  • I promise that your crazy murder hobo-ness did not scare me away <3 we did indeed step away for a while for the holidays, but I believe we plan to pick these back up for you shortly as we continue our march to Alpha One testing! After all, how could we say no when you're all having so much fun ;)
    community_management.gif
    Was a much deserved break for all of you. The Intrepid team worked hard going into and through the pre-test.
    Hope you all had a good break and got lots of rest.
  • VhinxVhinx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    recovering for the weak
    The Order-
    g5ybg7eb1zhp.png
    Maviodas wrote: »
    RUN THEM INTO THE GROUND! Lmao.

Thats the spirit
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Bump...?
    If not the murder hobo's then maybe the care bears let the thieves get beyond our reach :'(