Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[NA] Koga | PVP | Military Organization | Consistent | Active

SorianLoreSorianLore Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited April 2021 in NA Guild Recruitment
IA6uvOm.gif

Leaders: Zoet#0001, Yougod#5260, Jubei#4444
Size: Medium
Time zone: Primary EST, Secondary MST/PST
Discord: https://discord.gg/u8ZgHZDw2A
Website (a work in progress): koga.gg

About
We are a PVP first clan, where everything we do is in support of our goal of being the best elite fighting force on our server for our small size.

While leveling, we tend to run in the same groups that we do when we’re pvping. This is done so that our team cohesion and dynamics are well maintained, and don’t require any setup time if/when pvp happens; we are simply ready.

We don’t go after lowbies or weak enemies, except in the event that said person(s) are griefers. However we have a healthy kill or be killed mentality where our inclination is more on killing a person or team over a resource/hunting area rather than share. If we are inclined to take a spot, we take it. We might be included to ask folks to leave first, but it’s on a case by case basis.

Effective strategies start with training. Drills and running through tactics, getting our timing from a strategic battlefield perspective is key to our play style in pvp due to our focus on gorilla warfare as a primary source of content. Our Squad and Platoon leaders hold drills periodically focusing a good amount on timing of everything from kiting to flanking with 2-3 different groups working together.

We Offer
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Tactical PvP combat.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Group PvP Training.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 A multi-generational community.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 A Clan, not a Guild.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Small to Medium Size clan with a strict no zerg policy.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 The Military Branch of an Alliance.

You are a Player Who
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Loves the challenge of killing other players over killing NPCs.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Enjoys military style organization in fights with a family vibe out of combat.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Respects the chain of command.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Is not afraid of dying a lot.
793236927952191518.gif?v=1 Doesn't trash talk. shows up to a fight, kills or dies, with no more than a "gf" at the end.

History
  • 2003 - Koga was originally known as Yakuza Vanu on the Johari server in the original Planetside. Reaching a rank of 4th on the server for outfit points with the smallest outfit in the top 15 outfits with only 80 on roster (60 actual players, 30-40 on during primetime), the outfit leader (Jubei) was the second Command Rank 5 on the server.
  • 2004 - The leader of Yakuza Vanu and a few members left the original Planetside when the Johari merged with Markov and a few other changes came to the game that they weren't a big fan of, in conjunction with the release of Lineage 2, an FFA pvp focused MMORPG. Koga Clan was formed on Gustin in Lineage 2 where the clan recruited up to exactly 2 groups that was maintained and never having more than that. The clan was hired on a regular basis to take castles for other clans and were at war with all major alliances on the server about 80% of the time. Koga Clan was considered the deadliest mercenary clan on the server for three years. Koga Clan also never (yes never) lost a single war. Those who remained in Planetside formed HAYABUSA and continued the tactical ops tradition the outfit so strongly believes in.
  • 2007 - The Lineage 2 group reemerged in WoW. The guild's purpose was to develop skilled PvP players so that we could dominate in Open world PvP. Unfortunately WoW was not very well designed or suited for consistent open world PvP. However WoW was the fallback game for many Koga members to this day.
  • 2008 - When WAR:Online came out, the group played there for some time with both Koga and HAYABUSA players.
  • 2008 - Had a recursion of players from HAYABUSA as free time from SOE came up and members were willing to come back spurred on by rumors of a Planetside sequel. Fun times were had as outfitmates who haven't seen each other in a long time reminisced about the good ol days while killing Terrans and NCs.
  • 2010 - Koga Clan joined up with HAYABUSA in Global Agenda. It was during this time that the group saw its greatest successes since Lineage 2 for Koga and Planetside 1 for HAYABUSA. With the help and drive of a new skilled player base HAYABUSA managed to level all opposition and globally colonize the entire Alliance vs Alliance map Sovereign in season 1. This took months of dedication and after the final triumph the outfit needed a break…
  • 2011 - The group has once again reformed into a small group (10-15) casually PvPing in Star War: The Old Republic.
  • 2012 - HAYABUSA reformed in Planetside 2 reuniting everyone, ready for action looking for those who want something more than individual play or zergfits.
  • 2017 - Koga Clan reformed in Lineage 2 Revolution (Mobile) and continued the tradition of being a strong pvp group and had some solid successes being the smallest clan to take a Fortress, and had some of the top pvp ranked players on the server.
  • 2020 - Some members of both HAYABUSA and Koga played a bit of Albion Online, but it didn't stick for most.
  • Present - After 15 years of waiting for another great MMORPG, is Ashes of Creation it? we sure hope so!

Videos

https://www.youtu.be/xQ80S-wKHgM
https://www.youtu.be/47g8Rvc7pa4
https://www.youtu.be/f411P3mvRP4
https://www.youtu.be/Q1RPbAVuMDY
https://www.youtu.be/mJsI44Ro26M
https://www.youtu.be/fNYnnIpntGU
https://www.youtu.be/Qv7jOStge4Y
https://www.youtu.be/G387pGDC_so
https://www.youtu.be/zt1y3JMsj9o
https://www.youtu.be/5IgMbWS2nHs
https://www.youtu.be/bHAkUduxgQY
https://www.youtu.be/-XlDd13rl5U
https://www.youtu.be/2RH543QPeAo

Comments

• SorianLoreSorianLore Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    added a bunch of videos :smile:
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Ah, Koga I remember the clan well in L2. Only player I can recall the name of was G4briel. Other player names escape me.

(On L2 Gustin, clan Weelittlepeople) 2004 - 2010)
    edited January 2021
    WLE! heya! we had some good fights! how've you been @akabear ? WLE (or other Gustin clans) doing Ashes?

ahh G4briel, leader of SoS and someone we loved to kill for all the trash talk he spewed...

Some Koga names for ya, Gunmetal, Gza, Zoet, Capelle, Darkgoat, Mindspam, Vent, Jubair, J4MM, Spydr, Shinron, LighthouseOD, Nickodeamus, KillaKB, Neela, Wolfkrieg, Solomar, Sil3ntSniper :smile:
  • Koga sounds very familiar... Did any of you guys run into Omni (The Omniscient) in L2 and/or Planetside?
    kensh0 wrote: »
    Koga sounds very familiar... Did any of you guys run into Omni (The Omniscient) in L2 and/or Planetside?

Planetside we were called Yakuza Vanu and then later HAYABUSA.

Omniscient sounds familiar... but not sure, what server in L2?
  • SorianLore wrote: »

Planetside we were called Yakuza Vanu and then later HAYABUSA.

Omniscient sounds familiar... but not sure, what server in L2?

I wasn't on the L2 team at the time in Omniscient. I'll ask and see if anyone remembers the name. Our tag has always been [Omni] if that helps ring any bells.

I was just curious if I had perhaps ran into any of you before in Planetside or if you guys had come across some of my old clan mates in Omni from the old L2 days. Yakuza Vanu sounds familiar, but it has been too long and too many games since Planetside for me. Sadly, many of my clanmates are focusing on Star Citizen for the foreseeable future, but I am more excited for Ashes.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity!
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ah.. cool.. in the recruitment video, I see several fights where Koga kicked WLP & HonorGuradians butt.
    I see me at the 1min 55sec mark! Thanks
    Leonhardt wrote: »

I wasn't on the L2 team at the time in Omniscient. I'll ask and see if anyone remembers the name. Our tag has always been [Omni] if that helps ring any bells.

I was just curious if I had perhaps ran into any of you before in Planetside or if you guys had come across some of my old clan mates in Omni from the old L2 days. Yakuza Vanu sounds familiar, but it has been too long and too many games since Planetside for me. Sadly, many of my clanmates are focusing on Star Citizen for the foreseeable future, but I am more excited for Ashes.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity!

Yakuza Vanu in Planetside was a very long time ago indeed! I barely remember any other outfit's names :( We were on the Johari server (Obviously as Vanu lol) so if you played that server, odds are you def knew who we were. I was the second CR5 on the server and Yakuza Vanu being the smallest outfit in the top 15 (at 60-80 on roster) at rank 4th, we def were known.

Curious, what was your name server and faction in Planetside?
    akabear wrote: »
    Ah.. cool.. in the recruitment video, I see several fights where Koga kicked WLP & HonorGuradians butt.
    I see me at the 1min 55sec mark! Thanks

ha! those videos bring back memories for sure... you should drop in and say hi sometime! The crew and I would love to catch up! https://discord.gg/u8ZgHZDw2A
  • Hey all
  • SorianLore wrote: »

Yakuza Vanu in Planetside was a very long time ago indeed! I barely remember any other outfit's names :( We were on the Johari server (Obviously as Vanu lol) so if you played that server, odds are you def knew who we were. I was the second CR5 on the server and Yakuza Vanu being the smallest outfit in the top 15 (at 60-80 on roster) at rank 4th, we def were known.

Curious, what was your name server and faction in Planetside?

I primarily played on Emerald, we were also Vanu (which is I think why your clan name was ringing a bell). At the time I went by Leonhardt, still do, but somebody took the name for Ashes. Omniscient played Planetside often back in the day, but usually more for fun, we were competitive in Battlefield at the time. Found it was best to blow off steam in other FPS games so the skills stayed sharp. I live on the east coast, but a number of my clanmates primarily played on Johari because they were on the west side of US/Canada. You may have ran into Nept, Heartsong, Filt3r, Cup-, Zwei, Fire, RedVan, or Cha0s. They all played on Johari pretty often. Tag would have been [Omni].

Always a pleasant surprise to run into some old Planetside players, those were some fun times. Feels like they just don't make shooters like they used to. I am not a big ran of battle royals and everything else is a bit too much like what I have played for far too long. So, here I am hoping that Ashes turns out as good as it sounds. lol
    Leonhardt wrote: »
    I primarily played on Emerald, we were also Vanu (which is I think why your clan name was ringing a bell). At the time I went by Leonhardt, still do, but somebody took the name for Ashes. Omniscient played Planetside often back in the day, but usually more for fun, we were competitive in Battlefield at the time. Found it was best to blow off steam in other FPS games so the skills stayed sharp. I live on the east coast, but a number of my clanmates primarily played on Johari because they were on the west side of US/Canada. You may have ran into Nept, Heartsong, Filt3r, Cup-, Zwei, Fire, RedVan, or Cha0s. They all played on Johari pretty often. Tag would have been [Omni].

Always a pleasant surprise to run into some old Planetside players, those were some fun times. Feels like they just don't make shooters like they used to. I am not a big ran of battle royals and everything else is a bit too much like what I have played for far too long. So, here I am hoping that Ashes turns out as good as it sounds. lol
    I hear that!

Sadly I don't remember those names :/ must be my old age lol.

I played a bit of PS2. Though the engine was nice, I didn't really like what they did with the skill/role system... Being mostly tactical (the only actual shooting I ever really did was flying my mosquito - which to be fair I was pretty good at. I basically was an infil with advanced hack and medic. drove an AMS, a thresher, and flew a Mosquito. God I loved that thresher though lol... nothing like taking out a 5-6 vanguard column with really good gunner - and surviving. You could hear the exact distance, and source of the shot without looking, and it was so accurate, so if you could calculate that stuff live and track multiple shot sources, those slow shooting Vanguards didn't stand a chance lol (short of catching you in completely flat area with no cover, and I would avoid driving my thresher on those conts lol)

But yea... I really do hope Ashes brings back the excitement I used to enjoy in Lineage 2. The politics and pvp was by far some of the best I've seen honestly...
  • LeonhardtLeonhardt Member
    edited January 2021
    SorianLore wrote: »
    But yea... I really do hope Ashes brings back the excitement I used to enjoy in Lineage 2. The politics and pvp was by far some of the best I've seen honestly...

Me too! I also hope that the action combat makes sure that reaction and accuracy based skills help to create a healthy skill ceiling in Ashes. Not sure how that will work with server tick rates, number of players, and such. However, I am optimistic since there are a number of Planet Side developers on the Ashes team.
  • ZoetZoet Member
    Ah Koga... as a youngster I played a spellsinger in L2. To my delight I had just dinged 40 and was able to put on my brand new Grade C armor. Looking rather fancy, I got to meet with this guild called Koga that had invited the guild I was in to join them in a raid. I'd never done a raid before. I just spent countless hours killing spiders. I was excited. I get in Vent, do the meet and greet bs. And people started smacking one another while we waited for the last stragglers. Jubair goes to give me a little love tap... crits me and I die. Did I mention I JUST leveled. So naturally.. I lose XP and de-level. I now can't wear any of my gear because I'm 39 again. The raid now spends the next long while RE-LEVELING ME... because Jubair wanted to give a baby spellsinger a love tap out of boredom -.-
    I don't even remember how the raid went... the next thing I remember, I'm a member of Koga. And the rest is history <3
    Zoet wrote: »
    Ah Koga... as a youngster I played a spellsinger in L2. To my delight I had just dinged 40 and was able to put on my brand new Grade C armor. Looking rather fancy, I got to meet with this guild called Koga that had invited the guild I was in to join them in a raid. I'd never done a raid before. I just spent countless hours killing spiders. I was excited. I get in Vent, do the meet and greet bs. And people started smacking one another while we waited for the last stragglers. Jubair goes to give me a little love tap... crits me and I die. Did I mention I JUST leveled. So naturally.. I lose XP and de-level. I now can't wear any of my gear because I'm 39 again. The raid now spends the next long while RE-LEVELING ME... because Jubair wanted to give a baby spellsinger a love tap out of boredom -.-
    I don't even remember how the raid went... the next thing I remember, I'm a member of Koga. And the rest is history <3

And that was just the first time 😂
  • yougodyougod Member
    We are looking for people that are willing to hunt, gather, and kill as a team. We value strategic operations over DPS and gear.
    If you consider yourself an underdog and prefer a small, tight-knit community, then you should consider Koga for AOC.