Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question: Guild Revenue

How are guild's going to be able accrue any gold in the game? Will there be a guild bank, tax, share of loots, etc... I know there is tax for castles, then metropolises and other levels of nodes. As I understand the tax and fees will go strictly towards the building and management of a city. I guess Im just trying to figure out if there is a structure for Guilds to make gold passively.

Comments

• I'm glad that you asked this, since the wiki page doesn't (presently) address Guild income:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guilds

Having only skimmed through it previously, there were a few interesting things that caught my eye, this time around:

=Guildmasters can issue "pay-outs" to members

=You'll be able to place Guild Halls in the cities, if not on the Guild Freehold

=Guilds (and individual players) will be able to buy "shares" in a Node whose government has decided to sell shares in the Node

=Cities will have "Patron" guilds - ones that contribute the most to the Node. Metropolises will have up to 3 patron guilds.

Probably guild income will come in the form of either dues, or some mechanic having to do with the productivity of the guild's freehold.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Also what tends to be missed it that the rule for withdrawing from the treasury only applies to regular node settlements, not the pvp objective castles, which each control 20% of the world and suck taxes from. There is one controlling guild and its sole leader can choose to siphon off funds for guild, personal, or defense of the node. Will there be some who take the objective and choose to milk it? Probably.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi The Keymaker

It looks like the others have already provided all the information we currently have about guild revenue, so I'm going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.