Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

No Player Businesses until Level 3 Node?

The wiki seems to be a little un-clear about this:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_businesses

Now, before a Node reaches level 3, your Freehold seems to be the way to place a home in a node, since you can't buy houses until the Village stage.

However, I was previously under the impression that we'd still be able to rent stalls - but these are not something a Node mayor can opt to place, until level 4. In addition, shops are something you buy, like a house.

Will our Freeholds be the only places to place a vendor and sell goods in a Node, until it hits level 3?

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Since you can't place freeholds until you buy the permission from a level 3 node to do so, you won't even be until then. But since the stated timeline for node progression is "a few days" for a level 3 to "pop," you will need to factor that into your attempts to stockpile. Shame to be carrying tons of loot certificates trying to hoard resources instead of selling them while the node is levelling and lose a percentage when killed.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    There is a lot that you need to unpack for this.

I suggest: https://www.ashes101.com/economy for a quick read on getting up to speed on the economics.

The mayor can place the marketplace at Stage 3.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Tyranthraxus

It looks like the others have provided you with the information we have right now about player businesses in nodes, so I'm going to close this thread. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.