Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here

Comments

• Hello all, I am The Keymaker. I will be joining you all during Alpha 2. I may or may not see some of you as I control the markets and supplies. Strategies being built, thoughts getting thunk.
  • LutoLuto Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello AoC community! Like most of you I'm extremely excited to be entering into the world of Verra, but for now this forum will be our home. I've played many, many MMOs from 2002 till now, and it is my firm belief that the team at Intrepid is creating what the MMO community will see as a beacon of hope. MMOs been going through a bit of a dark time in recent years with no new concepts or ideas, simply relying on expansions of on going MMOs. I look forward to diving into AoC and experiencing something new! Adventure awaits! I'm also looking forward to creating content around AoC and diving into the lore, mechanics, PvP, and PvE aspects of the game. I can't wait to see all your faces in game! :smile:
  • Hi! I'm Wendy, and we (husband and I) were just recommended this MMO by our favorite local pizza and brewpub place. I know, wild right? They know my husband well, hehe. I've been online gaming since the 80's (yes, I know, I'm old) and spent 20+ years in IT in testing and development. I'm from that time when you had to put in an application and be accepted into beta test programs :tongue: I do enjoy GROUP PvP and am looking at the bow wielder and maybe a healer role? Really kicking ourselves for missing this Kickstarter since we spend stupid amounts of money there yearly. Now I just need to find the Discord and I'll be set!
  • MoGodMoGod Member
    edited January 2021
    Well the only thing I can say is kill them first ask questions later.

fYCW4Ja.png
  • Hail AoC comrades.....quit WoW back in the day because I had to "grow up"... I think I'm done... can't wait to meet new people and enjoy this world together.
  • Hello there,

I am TeachMe please TeachMe being a good Summoner and animal husbandry. I would love to breed the best Pets availible.
    04tb4qddnr0p.png
  • Hi! I'm just a rat. I hope everyone's doing well xx thought I'd announce myself
  • RhuellRhuell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rhuell here,

Only recently learned of Ashes of Creation through my seemingly entropic youtube video suggestions and I have to say, i'm excited. I've never participated in an alpha or beta testing phase for a game, and i've never invested in a game prior to its release due to my natural skepticism and semi cynical nature. But, I fully intend on hopping aboard this ornate, yet efficient, train and participating in any way I can.
    Yup, too late. I'm hopeful.

I'll see you around!
  • Hello, I'm Wulfenthrad. I started playing MMOs when I was a kid with LOTRO and Runescape. Over the years, I've tried various other MMOs but the only one that stuck with more for more than a month or two, other than the ones previously mentioned, was GW2.

While I haven't played an MMO for some time, various MMO kick-starters have piqued my interest in the genre. With games like Star Citizen, Camelot Unchained, and of course Ashes of Creation, promising entirely new ways to connect with others.

While I have only heard of Ashes of Creation recently, an interview that I saw with Asmongold showed that the creative director was a hardcore MMO player, who had a deep understanding of what makes the genre work. With each question asked, Steven Sharif answered every question concisely and it felt as if I had a decent idea of not only what the vision of the game was, but how much thought and experience went into it. Needless to say, I am quite excited.

The aspect that I'm most excited for is the emphasis on community and strongly encouraging players to interact with one another, which I feel is often ignored in other MMOs. Although I am often one of those silent players grinding endlessly alone, I hope to end that here, starting by being involved here on the forums.

While the game is probably a few years out still, I hope to interact with all of you and become more integrated into the community. I look forward to socializing with all of you and I hope to add to discussions in a meaningful and positive way.

Thank you for your time in reading this and I hope to share in the hype with you.
  • DullDull Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi i am Dull :D << Noob (UK)
  • Hello there ladies and gentlemen, I'm Galthir. I'm anxious to play with you all, and wish you good luck!
    Untitled-32.jpg

• Hello everyone! I go by my alias Kirri, nice to meet ya! This will probably be my second time playing a type of game like this and I'm super excited for it. My friends and I can't wait to play with you all! ♥
  • hello I'm DunDefDan I will be ready to play at alpha 2 I'm so hype!
    I am probably the best noob you will ever found.♥♥♥
  • Hello my good persons, I am GnokRoot, or just Root. I've been looking for a good modern RPG to enjoy for quite a few years now - I've invested semi-heavily in 2 other recent ones and struck out, so I'm hoping the third time is the charm! See you all there.
  • GnokRoot wrote: »
    Hello my good persons, I am GnokRoot, or just Root. I've been looking for a good modern RPG to enjoy for quite a few years now - I've invested semi-heavily in 2 other recent ones and struck out, so I'm hoping the third time is the charm! See you all there.

My name is Root ? lol had to sry. What were the last 2 that you invested heavy in I am still invested in a few like Star Citizen I think I'm up to about 3k in ships. Still waiting for a game to play lol.
    fYCW4Ja.png
  • The man, the myth, the gamer. The Frenchest of Tomahawks, except I'm not actually French, the Fallout guy. All that is important is I like games, and I'm hyped for this game, since discovering it only days ago. Sounds too good to be true, but given the unique funding and the fact that Steven Sharif is the Creative Director and has privately Invested the games funding to completion, means the vision and the resources are coming from the same place. If AAA titles were passion projects the gaming industry would be a better place. And I think this game could be just that.
  • Finally gotten over my fear of pre-ordering and ... pre-ordered AoC. I've played a lot of MMO's in the never ending quest for "The One", hopefully this will be it. Love what I've read so far, thinking of going Tulnar or possibly star gazing orcs, they both sound like fun! Looking forward to seeing some of you in game!
    It turns out life isn't a puzzle that can be solved one time and it's done. You wake up every day, and you solve it again. - Chidi Anagonye
  • hello tlm!!!! le jeu m interesse beaucoup, j adore toutes les news de se jeu . je suis quebecois et grand joueur de mmo sur pc et xbox...au plaisir de se rencontrer dans une guild !!!!
  • MarkTatsuMarkTatsu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Greetings all,
    I'm MarkTatsu, I am a twitch streamer and mmo junkie from Seattle. I am going to be streaming this game at my first opportunity. I am super excited for this game and cant wait to play it for too many hours. I will also be starting a corrupted player hunting guild. Follow me on twitch for more info.
    Follow me on twitch at
  • Muppet2703Muppet2703 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey! Name's KingInYellow, and greetings for the land down under! Just got wayfarer and I'm excited to play a Tulnar!
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited January 2021
    Greetings and salutations!

I'm Asgerr, the man that'll try really hard to develop whatever character I end up playing, to resemble a final fantasy dragoon as much as possible, while still enjoying the game's own classes and quirks.

Beyond that, really looking forward to exploring and PvEing as a means to bolster what I hope will be a decent rep in PvP

From the EU area, and nearly 30 (that's scary to think...). Hope we can be friends, friendly rivals and bitter enemies!
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Zemus92Zemus92 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello all!

I'm Zemus, really excited for ashes of creation! Really like all the ideas and passion behind the project.

Looking forward to join you all ingame!
    BXX627V.png
  • RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello Everyone,

I'm Rhuric, I've been an avid gamer for decades. I recently stumbled across AoC and feel like this is the game I've been waiting all this time for. I am super excited about it and can't wait for my chance to see it for myself during Alpha 2!
    "Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."
  • Hello Everyone!

Completely new here, as I have only found out about this about a week ago. After watching every youtube video I could find on it, I am sold.

I am looking for a community, (if one has formed yet), that will be establishing a Guild in game. I am not much of a PvPer in other games, (Love PvE & RP aspects of games), but these mechanics have me wanting to dive into PvP.

If anyone knows of a group/community that is forming for AoC, (Discord, Website, Forums, etc.), please let me know. Below are my interests for AoC...

1. Role Play Community
    2. PvE content
    3. PvP Content, (bare in mind I am a complete noob to PvP.)
  • Hello Fellow Community Members, I am very pleased to be able to *meet* you. I've been playing mmorpg's since EQ (2000). I was attracted to this game because it sounds like they are taking many of the bits (and bytes haha) I loved from many different games I've played and creating a fabulous world with them.

In these games I love the community, guilds, trading, crafting, RAIDING...oh oh oh ... and I have learned to enjoy PVP (wow and eso). I have high hopes that this will be my next gaming home. I can't wait, it's going to be a blast!

See you in Alpha2 and beyond!

CAT
  • Hello, I've been following ever since Steven spoke with Tim! I'm really looking forward to sinking my life into this game! :D
  • Hello 😋 haven't been as excited for an MMO since the day's of Star Wars Galaxies!!

Latest development update was hilarious, the cat and the printer, bacon getting lost whilst trying to multitask and Steven just makes me laugh anyways.

Generally well excited mate 😜
  • Welp, i bought a new computer, keyboard and mouse, headset and monitor is on its way (4k ready), now i just need a game to play.
  • DezzRevasDezzRevas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    Dezz'Revas here, finally found this game a few weeks ago, and I am very intrigued. With any luck I can convince my gaming community to check this one out too. This game looks like something that could hit every mark for the perfect MMO. Reminds me somewhat of Log Horizon building civilization. I can't wait to get to live inside this world.

In game you will most likely see me in the fray, healing while protecting a town under siege or likewise participating in a siege of a castle with the forces of our new civilization. On the chance I am not doing the previous, I should be found exploring the monster infested ruins of the ancients.

MMO Gaming history:
    Ultima Online
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Ever Quest 1 and 2
    World of War Craft vanilla
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Star Wars the Old Republic
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Star Citizen
    Final Fantasy 14
  • JusticiarJusticiar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello i'm Munkison, I found this game last year and have been following it every step. I'm reving to get on to this game as it looks truly remarkable so far. All the work you guys have put into this is amazing!. so kudos thus far! I've played WOW + classic GW, GW2, RS + OSRS, eve, albion online, elder scrolls, DAI, destiny + dest 2, POE ects and i have never had such a hype as non of them have such an intriguing and enticing engine behind the world. Looking forward to the day servers are opened and we all set foot into Verra for the first time. Keep up the amazing work and stay safe everyone!