Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Costume Request: Jester Costume

TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Hello Friends,

I politely ask for a Jester Outfit with functional Jingle Bells to be added to the game.
The idea with the bells would be that they act as a modified footstep sound or an addition to it.
So, they would probably be rather on the quiet end, and be more a wholesome addition to the outfit, to make it more complete/immersive(?).
I'm sure this can be done in a way, without the bells getting repetitive or annoying (probably by adding some variational bell sounds).

If there is a place for Jesters within Ashes of Creation, then I believe that adding such a costume would open addtional ways for people to roleplay their Characters, while also encouraging players to explore the role of being a Jester.
So far I am currently aware we don't seem to have a costume that would fill this niche, or do we?

The thought of seeing adventurous Jesters all across Verra brings me great joy.

"No Adventure is complete without Jingle hat and Jingle feet!"

Comments

• I wholeheartedly second this idea.

There is no greater harmony than that between a rogue, a jester costume and, most importantly, their bells. Though costly to one's stealth, that price of bells does not compare to the artistry that this jingling attire brings to assassination. A soft melody before a swift death; a gentle lullaby for the weary and fearful before their much-deserved rest. This cheerful ringing should be allowed to grace the ears of all denizens of Vera and will surely find a place in their hearts, minds and dreams.

Through cheerful chiming we may abate the solemn sorrow of a silent struggle. Please consider bringing this joy, laughter and music to the people of Vera.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That is exactly what I want to do... Share the battlefield with a peasant in a goofy outfit. I hate dealing with these clowns at ren fairs in real life. I hate when people try to role play them, and go full cringe mode. Still, this is a far better ask than wings. I hope you get it.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • sikuba wrote: »
    Though costly to one's stealth, that price of bells does not compare to the artistry that this jingling attire brings to assassination. A soft melody before a swift death; a gentle lullaby for the weary and fearful before their much-deserved rest. This cheerful ringing should be allowed to grace the ears of all denizens of Vera and will surely find a place in their hearts, minds and dreams.

"The death is coming." - they said before falling dead on the groud.

While I may not have anything to add what hasn't been already said, I'm here to support this beautiful idea.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is a great idea!!

I already know all the Jesters are going to be cultists.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • So, we're going to be fighting alongside Cicero, this time...

?u=https%3A%2F%2F78.media.tumblr.com%2F57d52e481362284038244801d18320f3%2Ftumblr_or7pdl6GJG1v3edqto1_500.png&f=1&nofb=1
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited January 2021
    Teyloune wrote: »
    The thought of seeing adventurous Jesters all across Verra brings me great joy.

I can kind of see players RP'ing jesters in courts or taverns, but you lost me at players adventuring in jester outfits - do you mean jesters like travelling entertainers on the road or players in jester outfits actually adventuring and fighting in groups with other players?
  • Ravudha wrote: »
    I can kind of see players RP'ing jesters in courts or taverns, but you lost me at players adventuring in jester outfits - do you mean jesters like travelling entertainers on the road or players in jester outfits actually adventuring and fighting in groups with other players?

Could your Bard not be a jester?
  • Sword Brother SoriosSword Brother Sorios Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you have a merchant and royalty costume in the game (granted that its from Kickstarter), why not add stuff like this for the same reason: RP Value? That's the only point you need.
    Sorios.gif
  • RivalzsRivalzs Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Might even be perfect for the trickster class.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They confirmed Jesters long time ago.
    They just chose to give a different name. Check wiki for Pyrian. You'll see what I mean. >:)
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Shaco_0.jpg
    Yes. We need jesters! Gotta have Shaco in AoC.
  • MorekMorek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I second the rogue jester. Stealth is already meh, might as well add a few handicaps to make a gank feel better hehe!
    giphy.gif
  • They confirmed Jesters long time ago.
    They just chose to give a different name. Check wiki for Pyrian. You'll see what I mean. >:)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F7b%2F9a%2Ffa%2F7b9afacc056b79cf300b2b31dc7133c1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Oh I would love to see a death jester

nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Need the toe bells for the Merry Jig at 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw7dexoX4pQ
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • I second this motion. I absolutely loved my Jesters skin on ESO so this would be a welcome addition to Ashes :D
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Guys we DO have a Charlatan and Trickster class config you do realize that yeah? :D
    I am all for a Jester skin.
    fd156481612adcc1b4eeafbca54a8ccd.jpg
    ee2ace6715a96dfdaac80525df590598.jpg
    a079c1c6281d025f990f2f7c4d2cb899.jpg
    caec506f48c025c55aa2700277994a60.png
    -6WBUxhft0PMN9Z_qBlOBOAYni7zARp_H8ysqBzTRdk.jpg?auto=webp&s=86f354c881e1a45a7b2ea3fbb17653a765c9503d
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Last and second one are my favourites tbh. xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • After seeing his last photo, it was born in me a need to make me a character inspired by Jack Of Blades (Fable) , we need those costumes /skins of jester