Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question about artisan system, husbandry/taming and death

vs631vs631 Member
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Will bread animals be lootable after your house is destroyed or you are killed?
I feel like this is a finished product but it is listed in "Processing" Which is one of the items listed as lootable from housing and on death.
Should this be moved to Crafting?

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    So, the way it stands right now....

If they are still considered a gatherable (a tame) they would be a gatherable and would be lootable.
    If they are considered a processed good (a breeding stock) they would be a processed good and would be lootable.

If they are considered a mount (finished product) then they would be a finished product and they would not be lootable.

The animal husbandry system seems to not follow the trinity of Gathering > Processing > Crafting exactly. We have almost no information on the husbandry system, so stay tuned for more from Intrepid.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Excellent,
    One more question. After taming, will the animal appear in our inventory or will the animals follow us around until we can stable them?
  • vs631vs631 Member
    edited January 2021
    Lets say that a gatherer has gather 100 wood and 100 ore, they are attached and fight back and die. They drop 50% of the gathered mats. Is this random and the dead guy can drop 100 wood/ore or will it be 50% of each different gatherables.
    This leads into taming. I feel as taming resources will be more scattered unlike veins or forests and tamers will not have the number of tames like wood/ore. How will the drop be calculated.
    Lets say I have 2 horses and 5 bears. 50% would either be 3 or 4 tames. Will is be rounded up or down.
    Would 1 bear drop and 2/3 horses or will this be randomly picked?
    The difference between 1 or 2 drops for a tamer will be much more impactful then 1 or 2 wood/ore. Dont you think?

What happens if I only have one tame. Will it drop or not?
    Sorry for all the questions, just curious and as i write one question another one comes to mind.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I think you should wait until more information comes out before you start worrying about how the drops will work. Since, we have no clue at this point.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101