Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11AM PST

edited February 2021 in Announcements
livestream_qa.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11AM PST! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

For this upcoming stream, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our live stream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 11AM PST so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you soon for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

ICYMI our live stream VOD is now available on YouTube!

https://youtu.be/D-fU0DJL7wY

https://youtu.be/Ur3lnv89pko
community_management.gif

Comments

• CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    roughly how many instanced dungeons can we expect to be in the game for release?
    Kalez.png
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Back in 2017 you had yet to decide on the use of API and how extensively you would like to make information available. Have you come any closer in regards to what you will allow players to extract, if anything?
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited January 2021
    Can't remember if I asked this one before..

It was said ‘’We’re going to be breaking up what is traditionally called ‘questing’ into three different categories: Narratives, Events, and Tasks.’’
    Will all the 3 types of ‘quests’ be given by NPCs or is there a specific location for each of those. e.g. a notification board in town for ‘tasks’, some sort of announcement for ‘events’ and NPCs for ‘narratives’.
    signature.png
  • DarkfuriaDarkfuria Member
    edited January 2021
    Happy New Year for all the team :-).
    Imagine we go raid and the node have low progress ,so the first boss will be easy ,having like 2-3 skills.Now if the node have progress alot ,the first boss will be harder for sure ,so the boss will have the same 2-3 skills or will have more and maybe a new phase ?
  • TyrantorTyrantor Member
    edited January 2021
    Will one or more classes have a tracking ability (non bounty hunter).
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • BadPotatoBadPotato Member
    edited January 2021
    What is the progress on crafting system, and how do you plan to keep it engaging?

Doesn't seem there is any new information about the system itself lately, due to strong focus on combat systems and environment.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    A bit of concern on the 50,000 accounts to 10,000 concurrent players ratio - how are you going to ensure the first weeks/months of the game are not simply people stuck in queue; and how does this work given the prime time idea for scheduled events?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • CadacCadac Member
    edited January 2021
    Will standard death penalties stack, like corruption does?
  • A question about Game Development:

For any of us fans familiar with Vulkan, Blender and other Unreal-engine graphics programs, would you consider releasing the invisible character models, so we could submit armor and clothing designs, for your consideration?

• DocFrogDocFrog Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will summoners be able to (re)name their summons?
  • ohToastyohToasty Member
    edited January 2021
    How necessary is it for people to be a citizen of a node? Could I be a nomadic wanderer? And how long after a server starts will we start seeing metropolises?
  • MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Reserving this for a question later.
  • RhaelahRhaelah Member
    edited January 2021
    How will you battle information that gets documented onto the internet? Randomize loot tables, randomize spawns, etc.?
  • Have you thought about adding giant Caterpillar mounts for Ashes of Creation? :)
  • SchlolSchlol Member
    edited January 2021
    Hey Steven and the AoC community.

To my question: Will I be able to interact with the mini-MAP / MAP?

With that I mean for example:
    ● Put out pins - for monsters, houses, enemies, gathering areas and more.
    ● Pins with text notes.
    ● Be able to "draw" on the map - to show the way we will be traveling or how the gank will be set up.
    Or maybe other stuff?

Best Regards, Schlol (soft C, not a HARD)
    himejima-akeno-highschool-dxd-anime-girls-wallpaper-preview.jpg
  • VeskunaattoriVeskunaattori Member, Intrepid Pack
    Whats the most sold cosmetic item in your past pre-order packages?
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2021
    Will there ever be a situation where your ship or caravan will be lost permanently?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • BlairBlair Member
    edited January 2021
    Will there be machicolations on the castle and city walls? I ask this because without them there is a risk the combat will be focused away from the walls as they can't function as intended without them. P.S love the ramparts you put on them btw, keep up the good work. :)
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Does item deconstruction guarantee obtaining the recipe to reconstruct that item or are there RNG-based considerations/calculations in that process?
  • MayhemMayhem Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Could you tell us a little bit on what we can expect with the upcoming combat rework? like what is changing/being added and such?
  • How are you planning to make sure some playable races (and their architecture) don't go virtually extinct if the racial augments will have a real impact on gameplay? Race-specific spawn location at the start perhaps?

I know some people won't care that much but eventually people are going to settle in to minmaxing, it would be a shame if some of the unpopular looking races and their nodes never showed up in the world if their augments weren't too amazing either.

• XylsXyls Member
    edited January 2021
    What are the major mechanic differences between sieges (node sieges, castle sieges) and wars (node wars, guild wars) or will they all be similar objective focused, primetime events?

((Calling something a "war" seems like it should be treated more seriously then sieges in Ashes. I would assume wars should last longer and be more punishing to the involved groups.))
    SIG.png
    We are recruiting PvPers!
  • Hello there ashes team, hope you guys are having a nice shift ! o//

Question: How will Crafting specializations work. Will we have a set amount of points we can earn that will go up to 1 total specialization so we won't be able to invest into other tree's whats so ever or will have it a base level you can get to like level 15 out of 50. -- Thanks for reading
  • How will Mules (with items in their inventory) work in regards to player death? Will they teleport to the graveyard with the player, or will I have to run back to them on foot?

P.S. what are the mule's rules for dropping loot (similar to caravan destruction or player death)
  • Sir_JohnSir_John Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So my question is about reputations....

Will guilds have a reputations? Will Cities? Will there be factions like a tavern etc that may or may not have a reputation for the player base to progress to earn rewards/titles?
  • Salutations humans,

1) Previously you mentioned every player can "truly master only one artesian job". To what extent other "non main" artesian jobs can be leveled up to? On a scale 1-10;
    2) Can I bake pineapple pizzas?
    3) Can I use pineapples as a blunt weapon?
    3.1) Why not?
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2021
    Will you be able to change your race? (not necessarily on the visual side, but on the augment side)
  • Hi team! This Dev Update is a few days after my bday, an exciting present to look forward to! :p

My question pertains to character customization, specifically, as I haven't seen mention of this part of it. In several monthly cosmetic skins you have released, the characters can be seen wearing makeup like red or brown lipstick. I was wondering, and hoping, to know if Ashes plans on having an in-depth makeup system in the character creation. I know you have said you wish to have the creator be on part with or better than BDO's, and one of the most popular parts of their creator is the control you have over makeup. You can choose the style and color for every part of it (eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, and skin shine) and then further adjust the opacity, saturation, and gloss. This allows players to create truly unique character looks that work with all racial skin tones. I am hoping that Ashes has a similarly in-depth system! It may seem like a small thing to some, but I know that it would please thousands of gamers, both male and female, who love customization and makeup. And I know that Queen Margaret is a cosplayer who could offer lots of insight into what makeup styles to add! Makeup and face paint has been a big cultural thing throughout many civilizations in history and I'd love to see it on Vera as well!

Thank you so much, and I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question!
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    BATTLE THEFT: Up to this point we've only heard about losing items to death, but I'd like to know how the gem from the #SoLongSanctus campaign was lost during the battle--is stealing items off players during combat actually a gameplay mechanic?
  • As a long-time WoW veteran - 3 years retired from MMOs - how will Ashes play in the hands of someone with very limited time to play per week? The time-cost required to 'get to the fun part' for most modern MMOs feels far too steep for someone working full-time.
    I definitely don't expect to be competitive while exploring Ashes, but am curious to know what a washed-up old casual like me can get done with 10-15 hours per week to spare!

Thank you kindly :)