Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character creation

JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 2021 in Support & FAQ
Hello,
I saw a screenshot of what seem to be alpha-1 character creation screen. If release is same there's only 3 type of haircuts and 6 types of beards and 3 head types we can choose? That's pretty imited to create a character with that.
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator#/media/File:ss-2020-05-21-00_00_04-00001.png

Comments

• Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Howdy! So they've already released a ton of screenshots of new designs on the discord and you can probably see them floating around here, but as you said this alpha so the priority is to fix and test things first!

However, to clear your worry even more here is a quote from the creator found on the community made wiki!

The goal is to have a character creator that is on par with if not much better than what BDO provided.[5]

If I had to give a comparison, I would use BDO as an example of what our Character Creation is going for.[6] – Steven Sharif

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid have also said they would like to have the character creator out before the game goes live so people can tinker with it and create their characters in readiness for game launch. I do hope this becomes a reality but will not throw the toys out of the cot if it doesn't happen.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    We are still a long way off release. Everything known so far or what works at this moment might be changed before launch. Same with character creation and everything.

I predict that they will start working towards QoL (Quality of Life) features and such after alpha's are done and when there is a clear view on a Beta period.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If ever there was a thread where the most appropriate response was "the game is in alpha", this is it.
  • Options
    Hello,
    I saw a screenshot of what seem to be alpha-1 character creation screen. If release is same there's only 3 type of haircuts and 6 types of beards and 3 head types we can choose? That's pretty imited to create a character with that.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator#/media/File:ss-2020-05-21-00_00_04-00001.png

You are really going off of alpha-1 screen/video. We haven't seen all the races, classes and abilities above level 10. So with your level of thought, they shouldn't be in game either.
    Put a little thought into it. This is just stupid
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes this is alpha 1 and it is only just getting started. Alpha 2 is a long way off next year at some stage maybe. The beta phases as they have said a number of times will only be short a few weeks long so the main test phase will be alpha 2.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    I saw a screenshot of what seem to be alpha-1 character creation screen. If release is same

If Release is the same as the Alpha-1 pre-test, I'll be very disappointed indeed! :D:D:D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Was not a good post i din't think too much i'm sorry guys :(
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Varkun wrote: »
    Intrepid have also said they would like to have the character creator out before the game goes live so people can tinker with it and create their characters in readiness for game launch. I do hope this becomes a reality but will not throw the toys out of the cot if it doesn't happen.

Thats awesome. I usually takes me 20-40minutes to create a character.
  • Options
    pyreal wrote: »

Haha yes! Even once the "look" is done, it's another 20mins on top of that for the character name! That's why I've planned ahead! :p
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm hoping that having these heads are just a placeholder till a robust character creation system can be designed. I look forward to it.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    pyreal wrote: »

I thought I was the only one who spent too long making a character. Get a new game, load it up, get yelled at by my kids to hurry up while I am deciding which face tattoo or scar I need lol. That's how my game goes.
  • Options
    salut J-P, ta commence le jeu en alpha toi,, es ce qu il a une rssemblance de style avec teso
  • Options
    *debute
  • Options
    herodarkko wrote: »
    salut J-P, ta commence le jeu en alpha toi,, es ce qu il a une rssemblance de style avec teso

Je vais avoir accès a l'Alpha-2 puis les bêtas.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Was not a good post i din't think too much i'm sorry guys :(

It’s all good, just know that stressing about the character creator now is like stressing about how firm a cake will be while the batter is being mixed in the bowl. You just can’t judge it yet, it’s not anywhere near what it will be at release. That’s going to be the case for a lot of things you see right now.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Hi there! As some others have noted above in this thread, our plan is to provide you a rather in-depth character creator, and the options you have seen so far are just an early preview of presets for Alpha One! I would definitely recommend staying tuned for more detailed looks at the character creator as we get closer to having you help us test that out :smiley:

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can help answer in the meantime!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.