Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of payment model are the Devs Choosing? ( Pay Once & Play or Subscription?)

TheCharrTheCharr Member
edited February 2021 in Support & FAQ
Hello Everyone.

So I been spending some time in the Youtube Channel of Ashes of Creation and I will be honest the game looks amazing and so far there is some serious talent in the studio.

However, I am confused when it comes to one question as to what type of payment model are the Devs choosing to introduce to the game? I've heard in one of the Q&A's they mentioned about monthly subscriptions up to 15usd. However, I am from EU and I personally don't know any further info on how the payments will work here. Also another reason am confused is this question that can be found in the website

Q: How much does Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cost?

A: Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is available as a free download, and no purchase or subscription is required to play. Optional in-game purchases are available, but these are cosmetic items only - there is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!

I will be honest here I really love the work that its done to the game but personally I don't like the good old idea of monthly sub anymore, I mean okay, the devs see it from a business perspective but this idea is what pulled me away from various MMO games such as WoW, Wildstar and Albion Online which both of the last two games after some time came out Free to Play and Wildstar ended up closing up. However, I would say ok i might give it a chance if there is a deal of yearly fee that will probably be better than the monthly. Overall, paying a monthly fee in a game nowadays i feel its a big "no" in the industry and for me it makes me feel like the game is demanding to be played and for me to cover the hours I paid for plus it makes me feel that the devs are getting greedy every time I pay :wink: . Last but not least I would really much prefer if the devs to put the game in a Pay Once and Play like GW2 and thus makes me even more interested to spend some more time and it make me trusting the team more in case of future expansions or in-game content [/left] . With that said that's my genera opinion everyone is more than welcome to express their opinions here we obviously gonna have different opinions but in the end of the day we would all love to have a really good game that we will spend hours and hours to grind and progress.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No box cost. Monthly sub.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi @TheCharr
    I think your confusion comes from the fact that Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse is NOT the same as the Ashes of Creation MMO.

AoC APOC was released a few years ago for free to test their initial siege design. It is currently closed and I'm not sure it will open again (it's possible though)

AoC the MMO will be a subscription based MMO - planned for USD$15.00 per month, no box-cost but with an optional cash shop for cosmetics
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Hiya! Looks like some helpful folks above already shared some great answers - while Ashes of Creation Apocalypse was available for free as a testing ground as you noted, the Ashes of Creation MMO will be subscription-based with no box cost or expansion cost.

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can help answer for you!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.