Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What would you like Ashes to start showing more of?

2»

Comments

• MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Social organizations and guild systems.

Oh and fishing but I understand that's not as important.

Fishing and bards are the most important.
  • Hellfar wrote: »
    1. Improved UI
    I second that. I yet to find a base UI in an mmorpg that i will truly like.
    Currently AOC UI is more like a placeholder.
    Considering the game will not have addons they need to work harder on UI.
  • edited February 2021
    Neurath wrote: »
    A little more leg would be sensational. ;)
    Thighs.

You're not even gonna ask us to dinner first? :cry:

(In all seriousness, definitely appreciate the ideas folks are highlighting in here - I know our team is excited to share more as we can! <3)
    community_management.gif
  • More detailed info on how the enchanting system will work. As someone who had really good luck in ArcheAge I loved the feeling of a successful high tier regrade. However, I had friends who had horrible luck and I saw how much of a negative impact it had on their experience of the game. Seeing as Steven was an avid AA player I'm very curious to see how this system will be implemented in AoC. Personally, it's hard to say how unforgiving the high tier enchanting should be. If it's too accessible, it won't feel rewarding.

I'm most looking forward to the combat overhaul and seeing how much it really improves. I know a lot of people are concerned but to be fair, it is pre-alpha. I'd really like to see animation improvements in general.
  • Yeah definitely gonna echo people that are saying more classes and combat. But I understand that’s gotta be polished and not rushed.

In the meantime more node mechanics or anything with naval! Even just being on a boat or another update happening in a town interacting with those systems again.
  • Michael_MorbiusMichael_Morbius Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Necro in action!!
    2. Tulnar
    3. Assassin
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Guild systems and a release date.

Most importantly - raiding and pvp content
  • I think we need to start seeing first passes on the artisan systems.

I don't think we need to see so many armor sets and cosmetic stuff. Most people are drawn to this game for its game design and game systems, not cosmetics, so I think priorities should be adjusted accordingly.

Also, players will argue for convenience, but this is exactly what is killing modern mmorpgs. So take any feedback on these systems with a grain of salt. I don't mean that they should be intentionally tedious like clicking a button to craft a thousand times, but rather having to manually transport goods to places instead of simply a one-click solution.
  • Would be fun to see some videos of dynamic destruction of the environment (catapults making holes in walls and the likes) -- I assume it's well underway with the siege test on the horizon. There are some static pictures on the wiki, but as far as I am aware -- no videos.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    • Skill tree
    • Crafting
    • Equipment/gear equipping / changing
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Marzzo wrote: »
    What would you like to see more of?

Armpit hair.
  • cccrraaaafffttttiiinngg.

I'm dead worried about the crafting system now since I heard Ashes is going in the "recipe based, one-button craft" direction?

If you want crafting to be interesting for players, we crafters need a mechanism that let us differentiate ourselves from one another, preferably through crafting-related player skill/knowledge, and not just the recipe repository (acquired through leveling, questing, PvE etc.)
  • MowabyMowaby Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    cccrraaaafffttttiiinngg.

I'm dead worried about the crafting system now since I heard Ashes is going in the "recipe based, one-button craft" direction?

If you want crafting to be interesting for players, we crafters need a mechanism that let us differentiate ourselves from one another, preferably through crafting-related player skill/knowledge, and not just the recipe repository (acquired through leveling, questing, PvE etc.)

The best recipes have uses and crafters with the right recipes will be sought-after. Being able to aquire the recipes will be work. They seem to like the SWG crafting system and I'm not quite sure what that is...
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    More pie.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • The things that I'm missing to build my character..
    The wiki only covers a minimal amount of information
    • Core character profile / character sheet
    • - what will the stats mean? Is 50 Strength 25% more damage than 40 Strength? etc.
    • - which stats will I be able to allocate points to each level?
    • Primary Archetypes, Secondary Archetypes and Augments
    • Racial augments, or at least a little more info than the wiki provides
    • Gods and their individual theology.
    • Guilds
    • - how they will work?
    • - what customization options will there be?
    • Social organizations
    • - how will they work?
    • - what customization options will there be?
    The God information is probably the "lowest hanging fruit".
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Jam21Jam21 Member
    edited February 2021
    1) Deep social organization outside of player guilds. After all, they announced it as one of the game's core features. Where you can like in singleplayer TES, be a monk in knight order, novice in assasins, and a magister of dark knights for example. With some organisation being in conflict with each other (e.g. if you with dark knights you cannot join normal knights, and will even get pvp quests to kill normal knights).

2) Rewarding exploration. Rare/hidden achievements, difficult/hidden quests with big rewards, some secret chests in the world. But please no puzzles. Or if you do add them, make them actually difficult, and not like "compare A-A B-B C-C".

3) Naval content including underwater content