Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

hardware requirement question for the MMO

JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited February 2021 in Support & FAQ
Hello,
why they said(on canirunit) that i do not meet the recommanded configuration while i have a little green hook on pixel shader, vertex shader and dedicated video ram? My drivers are all updated by the way. I hope they won't raise the 16GB requirement before release. A picture worth a thousand words.

aoc.png

Comments

• Options
    KearavainKearavain Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2021
    @JeanPhilippeQC A GTX 1650 is slightly less powerful than a GTX 970. So, technically you are slightly below what that site said... though saying that, these specs seem to be wrong.

From the wiki (link):
    Ashes of Creation alpha testing minimum system specification.
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-Bit
    Processor: Intel Core i3-2125 3.3GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 3.3GHz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon 6870 HD with 1GB and DirectX 12
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 15 GB of available space
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Recommended specification.
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-Bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz / AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon R9 Fury with 4GB and DirectX 12
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 15 GB of available space
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Using this information you are well above the minimum specs and below the recommend specs (at least for your GPU).

FYI, a GTX 1060 is more powerful than a GTX 970. My guess these specs are aimed at 1080p resolutions, so you may want to look at upgrading if you want a smooth experience and crisp 60 FPS at 1080p (if that is your thing, of course). However, remember these specifications are just for the alpha, so it is still unknown what the final specs will be - I mean a i7-6700k for the recommended specs raises an eyebrow or two.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi JeanPhilippeQC

It looks like Kaeravain has linked the system requirements for the Alpha testing for Ashes. It should be noted that the game is still a long way from release so a lot can change in the system requirements.

I hope this answers your question so I'm closing this thread now. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.