Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, February 26, 2021 at 11AM PST

Comments

• I work on shifts, a month at work, a month at home, when I can't play at work, will there be any opportunity to protect my freehold or home, my investments, when I am not in the game (this month when I am at work and cannot play)?
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Butterknife
    To your question about how Metropolises affect other nodes: A metropolis puts a cap on nearby nodes preventing them from reaching metropolis level. These vassal nodes also cap their nearby nodes from reaching their level, and so on.

You can read more about Nodes, borders and Zones of Influence here:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Node_advancement
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • How powerful will the summons be for summoners and can summoners tame certain mobs?
  • RhuricRhuric Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will a tavern's personal zone of influence work? Is it centered around itself or does it radiate out from the parent node?
    "Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, GLORIOUSLY alive, today."
  • RaetionRaetion Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is the name of the universe of Ashes? The overarching name for the void, the material realm, and the gold realm.
  • Since you have mentioned that you will be increasing the lvl cap with each (or some) expansions, how will you handle the power increase that come with that? In other words, How will you keep the damage and the overall numbers from getting "out if hand" (in the millions)
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    extremely important issue:
    Forcing everyone to speak English on the server , returns to isolate those who do not speak this language .
    playing alone on an mmo is without interret.
    therefore the question:
    Can you consider nationalizing the servers that you will implement in the different countries? , and or , give the possibility of having discussion channels by languages , or specify the nation of the server with their acronym in front of their name , it . fr. ect ..
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • Okay so my question is about when testing starts cranking up and we will start seeing more people crying about the open world PvP, and how more casual players canโ€™t keep up with the hardcore players. What are the chances that you guys start flip flopping the game around these โ€œcasualโ€ players? Or are you guys okay with the game being more niche with such a hardcore features?

โ‡ป theNILV โ‡บ
  • AsirilAsiril Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have now reached quite a large amount of cosmetics not linked to game play. And people are getting worried that the bought cosmetics, especially when you add a cosmetic store on top of what we have had monthly, will outweigh the things we can find in game.

I am sure we can all agree that the available in game cosmetics should vastly outweigh the bought ones. Can you give a rough percentage between the bought cosmetics available so far and what you have planned to be obtainable in game?
    t1ksee6vlcrf.gif
  • Will each Archetype have some unique utility/roleplaying/social abilities, like we see in tabletop RPG's ? e.g. Rangers can track, Bards can play music when out of combat to slowly regenerate HP, Rogues can climb easier etc.
  • Daegu wrote: ยป
    Will each Archetype have some unique utility/roleplaying/social abilities, like we see in tabletop RPG's ? e.g. Rangers can track, Bards can play music when out of combat to slowly regenerate HP, Rogues can climb easier etc.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Utility_skills

"A utility skill is a non-combat skill that interacts with the environment.[3] Utility skills lend themselves toward how classes navigate and deal with hazards in the world.[4]

Different classes excel at different skills.[4]
    All classes will have maneuverability/traversal utility abilities.[5]
    There will be a grappling hook utility skill or item.[6]
    Classes will have utility abilities, such as detecting traps and other hazards. For example: The Mage's detection spell casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.[7]
    Certain classes are able to climb/parkour in certain areas.[8][9]
    Climbing/parkour ability is not free-form and will likely be restricted to certain quests, locations or objects.[10][11]
    Certain classes (such as Rogues) will have stealth abilities.[12]
    Rogues may also have a spyglass utility skill.[4]
    We don't just have the approach of your class being reflected in your combat abilities but also there are utility abilities that certain classes have that other classes don't have.[13] โ€“ Steven Sharif
    "
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Would we see PVP zones inside AoC? If not now maybe later in expansions or so?

The game is Open-World PvP, so it's pretty much all a PvP zone.
  • Thank you for the opportunity to submit a question!I would like to know if there would be an official Ashes of Creation app made by Intrepid Studios for this game?

This lists what we currently know about the planned Companion App.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Companion_app
  • pwnholepwnhole Member
    edited February 2021
    Hi Steven and Team,

I was wondering if you could talk a bit about the idea of of maybe releasing a new server once a year or something to that nature. I cannot wait for the first day of this release. The wide open map with all nodes available. People vying for prime nodes, people creating alliances, so on and so forth.

My slight worry about the launch is that the start of a Server is going to be magical, and people who either start late, or don't have the early start access, won't ever experience what I feel is going to be a truly remarkable feeling in Gaming.

I would love to know if the team has given any consideration to releasing a new server every so often. I understand how difficult server population can be, and maybe this doesn't have too much interest by community as a whole. I just think you guys really have something special you're creating and think it'd be a shame if more people couldn't experience the building from scratch.
  • Tab selection circle underneath the characters can ruin the immersion of some people. In Ashes will there be traditional circle below characters (as seen by footage so far) or will there be other options similar to ESO where there are subtle indicators that a character is selected. e.g.

combatarticle30.jpg

signature.png
  • Real-space Freeholds will be limited to 1 per account. Will I be able to visit and edit my freehold on all characters in my account?
  • TremendousTremendous Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello everybody!
    I have a few questions or maybe even suggestions regarding the day and night cycle.
    In every game, except for a few horror games, I don't think the night is dark enough.
    How is it in real life?!? >:)
    Sure, in a busy city, illuminated streets and houses, but when you leave the city and go to the country, the night is pitch black.
    Especially when you enter a forest. When the full moon isn't shining.
    But think about the tactical possibilities for PvP - caravans, but also PvE, etc.
    You think twice whether you want to explore the woods alone in the dark or rather in a couple or in a group :D
    The other: What about environment buffs?
    That a character who grew up (was created) in the snow area are more resistant to cold effects than characters created in the desert area. Of course you should also be able to acclimate yourself or give potions. But it would also be a tactical feature.
    What do you think?!?
    Unbenannt-1.png
  • Do shape-shifting druids (like whatโ€™s in WoW) exist in Verra? Will they be a playable class?
  • SzoloSzolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will we be able to use accented characters in our character names, or just the basic latin alphabet letters?
    You ride that fine line of like everyone is about to die and you shall keep on casting, keep going, it's awesome. That's the best part of healing.
  • vahrovahro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is there any new information when the my.com accounts will be transferred to you? It was announced half a year ago and since then there has been little information about it.
  • Will cities be influenced by the topography around them? Or will they generate and expand on a flat plane?
  • Is Verra 'round'? i.e. can you sail west from the western continent and arrive on the east side of the eastern continent?
  • Will there be islands that can be settled that can only be acceded by sailing to them? and will there be dungeons on the open water as well as in dungeons?
  • Will the different races in AoC be greatly unique in their physique, posture and animations?
  • Is there a possibility that the development is moving along too hastily? Possibly in an attempt to play catch up with other MMO's in development?
  • Will there be any medals for pvp kills, for which you can then buy pvp gear?
  • Moe1Moe1 Member
    edited February 2021
    For the next stream can the team say if there will be any additional weapon types? Possibly a Flail? Or a Claw of Archimedes for naval defense on coastal nodes? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claw_of_Archimedes
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can we get a very general road map update?
  • GuzzinGuzzin Member
    edited February 2021
    Greetings, I have a few questions that I find interesting (don't know if they already have been answered before).

1. Mana: Will there only be certain races/classes which uses mana while others don't or will everyone have a standard MP-bar? In any case, how fast will you be able to regenerate mana and will there be mana potions? (Example, grinding with a mage using abilities constantly).

2. Grinding: How's the intake for experience points as you level up your character? Will it be hardcore grinding mobs or questing as a dominating way to achieve exp?

3. Power Leveling/Dual box: Will you be able to power level new players while having them in the same party and sharing exp? How's the rules about people dual boxing?

4. PK: Are you able to PK anyone (similar to Lineage II)? In that case, will there be level gap restrictions or can you just kill anyone even if they have a significantly higher level?
  • So, my question is more about the moderation aspect rather than gameplay.

RMT is commonly banned in various MMOs (with a few exceptions), but it seems like the moderation teams in those games tend to lag behind the RMT'ers in how things are done. For example, in FF14 the people who operate RMT rings will advertise their discord servers rather than their rates directly so they can avoid bans due to there being "no direct evidence of RMT activity" despite the fact that it'd take a minute or less to get an invite to said discords, or other various chat groups, and see the RMT activity going on.

So, will the moderation teams receive the training needed to be able to actually investigate instances such as the above listed example when reported?