Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Regional servers question

Will there be ip blocking preventing people from playing with their friends from other regions?

I heard there would be regional prices (yey in poor country) but Intrepid are considering locking those who use regional pricing on their own servers (not yey in notoriously toxic gaming community country).

If there is gonna be ip blocking and server locking think it's a bad decision that would only benefit vpn makers and split the community. I have friends all around the world and I would love to be able to get us all together even I have to pay the conversion of 420 yenrupeebles for 1$

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    There will be regional locks on the regional priced servers.

But no there are no regional locks on the normal priced servers, however, given the nature of Ashes of Creation most of your friends are going to want to play on their local servers due to prime-time events.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    Jahlon wrote: »
    There will be regional locks on the regional priced servers.

But no there are no regional locks on the normal priced servers, however, given the nature of Ashes of Creation most of your friends are going to want to play on their local servers due to prime-time events.

We play dnd with 15 hour time zone difference so I guess we'll manage that.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Riessene

It looks like Jahlon gave the best answer to this already so I'm closing this thread now. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.