Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, March 26, 2021 at 11AM PDT

edited March 2021 in Announcements
Q_and_A-1920.gif

Glorious Ashes Community!

Our next live stream will be Friday, March 26, 2021 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

For this upcoming stream, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our live stream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! Submissions end Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 11AM PDT so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you soon for our development update live stream! https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

📺 In case you missed it, our March Development Update VOD is now available on YouTube!

✅ Including in-game gameplay footage, Alpha One progress updates, character & environment art, and more!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD5WKztW0S4
community_management.gif

Comments

• A question about player-owned buildings:

In many games, player-owned buildings require very flat land upon which to be placed. Much of the footage you've released so far shows terrain that is very hilly and undulating. Can we expect to find a lot of very flat land upon which to build Freeholds around each Node, or will we be able to place Freeholds on the sides of hills and mountains - and are there floating Freeholds for coastal Nodes?

Thank you all, for what Intrepid is putting together!

• RileyRiley Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2021
    How skillful will combat be? Reddit poll showed the vast majority want a high skill ceiling.
  • MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 2021
    I have a full guild of pirates and we would really like more insight on ships.

What can you tell us about legendary ship components and some of the powerful benefits that would come with them?
  • amalgamemnonamalgamemnon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    Sandbox-type games tend to have long periods of stagnation where power and resources are concentrated among a few powerful groups, and the excitement typically comes when these powerful groups clash (see EVE Online). How will the systems in this game ensure that the periods of stagnation are as short as possible without taking away too much of the excitement around powerful groups clashing in high-stakes conflict?
  • StealthRebornStealthReborn Member
    edited March 2021
    Will there be a currency cap limit or are we free to hoard as much as we like and become the richest in the entire game?
  • CadacCadac Member
    edited March 2021
    Does XP Debt apply to horizontal progression systems in the game?
  • Can you tell us a little bit more about the summoner?
    246227-fantasy_art-artwork-shadow_people-Percy-Critical_Role.jpg
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    If a node happens to advance to stage 4 during the 21-day protection period granted to a node when it advances to stage 3, does the protection period stay in place or is this prevented all together through some form of XP gain lock-out period until a Mayor is elected when Stage 3 is reached?
  • vahrovahro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is there any new information when the my.com accounts will be transferred to you? It was announced half a year ago and since then there has been little information about it.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Do you know roughly how powerful you are planning to make Legendary Unique equipment? For example, would it be massively more powerful than the BiS Epic equipment, or just slightly more powerful?
    nI17Ea4.png
  • SparkyCJBSparkyCJB Member
    edited March 2021
    Will there be a way to freeze the subscription?

Some people would like to pay for multiple months at a time to take advantage of potential deals for longer term subscriptions (and I am assuming based on how some other games do their subscriptions/premium time that Intrepid may do the same). If a person had an unexpected work trip (over a reasonable amount of time, say one month for argument's sake), or military deployment; where they knew there would not be connectivity, would Intrepid be open to the idea of freezing the prepaid sub time?
  • Since the race that contributes the most to a nodes progression makes the node take on that races apperence, would like a middle eastern city be build at a normal forest even tho that dosen't fit in/makes sense? How does the location effect the apperence of the node and how do that visual effect coexist with the visual effect of race?
    mrsimsim.png
  • Will monster coins allow you to take part in events on servers other than your own?
  • When will we have a merch shop? I would love to buy Ashes merch!
  • AOCCrafterAOCCrafter Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2021
    Thank you for the opportunity to submit a question!

I would like to know if there would be an official Ashes of Creation app made by Intrepid Studios for this game?

Things that this could be used for to great effect would be some features we have seen in other games apps:

-Communication with our guild mates or in game friends/family list via a chat or message system

-The ability to be alerted to in game events like sieges starting on our nodes, or player created events

-Getting notified when our auctions or items sell or getting notifications when we get mail in game

-Being able to access our characters paper doll or equipment list remotely

Of course this is not a complete list of the possibilities but I am just hoping for a way to interact with the realm while I cant be home on my computer. Mobile app integration and smart watch notifications of in game events or happenings would greatly help me stay in touch with the realm I love while I have to be away or at work.
    “There’s absolutely no limit to what plain ordinary working people can accomplish, if they are given the opportunity, encouragement and incentive to do their best”.
    -Mr. Sam Walton
  • It was said ‘’We’re going to be breaking up what is traditionally called ‘questing’ into three different categories: Narratives, Events, and Tasks.’’
    Will all the 3 types of ‘quests’ be given by NPCs or is there a specific location for each of those. e.g. a notification board in town for ‘tasks’, some sort of announcement for ‘events’ and NPCs for ‘narratives’.
    signature.png
  • edited March 2021
    Would like to ask about classes.

Would AoC consider having a system to let players have two secondary archetypes, one active, one saved and can be switched to in the city of which they are a citizen. And if they want to respec any of these two, they can do the quest thingy?

This way, players who play niche classes can also enjoy a wider variety of contents that AoC provides. Since some classes will likely be viable only in one content but not the other.

E.g. in some games, assassins are good at 1v1 or small scale PvP but not very welcomed in, or even excluded from, quick clear PvE and big scale PvP with the lack of AOE/CC as a DPS.
  • Oriano1337Oriano1337 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With Player Versus Player as it is, I've been concerned as to the effectiveness of small, organized groups versus larger zergs in the open world. Say I have 4-6 organized, knowledgeable players in voice-comms, communicating with one another when to burst, be defensive, etc...

Will that group be have the opportunity to be effective against, say, 8-12 less organized players?
  • FlokiiFlokii Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a janitor cosmetic?
    dlEUUUn.png
  • MobFodderMobFodder Member
    edited March 2021
    Any new info about the Summoner and its classes? I'm sure it requires a lot of development as a pet class, but as someone far more interested in the concept of the Summoner than any other classes despite the small amount of information we have in comparison to others, I was wondering if you guys had anything new to share? Thanks in advance if this is answered! :smiley:
  • XamaXama Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be nudity in the game?
  • LyonLyon Member
    How will you handle flying mobs especially in higher altitude when only a few pepole will be able to fly?
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited March 2021
    A discussion came up in Discord earlier today about action camera/reticule mode vs tab target mode. So my question is this: Tab target mode in games often offers more control to the user in the form of things like unlocking the camera so you can look backwards while attacking forwards (for tanks) as well as easier target acquisition and target locking. How do you balance action camera mode and make it as viable as tab when it won't have those additional available options to the user during combat?
  • conquerconquer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you have any information about public APIs for 3rd party applications? If not, is there a roadmap to get that kind of information out to developers?
  • Will the length of the Day/Night cycle vary depending on the season and your latitude on Verra?
  • when will you reveal more about racial abilities and concept art about the tulnar
  • Will the game ever have instanced raids or will they all be strictly open world?
  • SumpSump Member
    When can we expect to hear more about the summoner?
  • If Nodes advance in real-time, how are characters that are currently occupying the area affected when the node grows? Do they get shunted to the outskirts of the new town/metropolis that is formed?
  • An Ashes Q+A? On my birthday?? What a good sign for 2021! I'm an avid roleplayer excited for the customization features in the game, and I can tell that rp is a passion across the dev team as well. A huge problem for roleplayers in MMOs are griefers; players who intentionally disrupt the immersion of others. I know Ashes will attract all sorts of players with different interests other than rp, and many who don't understand it and will attempt to grief. How do you plan to handle this problem? A feature I would suggest is player muting/visibility toggle, allowing individual clients to completely block out obtrusive players without bothering GMs or submitting reports.