Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

NPC with quests

Hi devs, Hi community!
So i got into AoC a week ago and i started checking out the livestreams on the official YT channel. I was told that NPC with quests have a green name with a bit of yellow flowing trough and that traders have a gold name. But here is my constructive feedback: I find it personally hard to see who is who when your in a party with friends. So maybe, just maybe, and you can skip this or whatever its just my constructive feedback. So maybe just change it to one colour. Like yellow or whatever. But thats my feed back😊😊

Comments

• Options
    I want to ask again because I am unsure if I have understood it correctly: That's your feedback right?
    246227-fantasy_art-artwork-shadow_people-Percy-Critical_Role.jpg
  • Options
    NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    I agree that a pile of player nameplates can get in the way of NPC access. I remember what Orgrimmar was like in the early days of WoW, and how tough it could be to find the NPC in a swarm of players.

I suppose they can use other tools to help players identify NPCs, on top of the color system, since color itself is problematic for users with protanopia and/or deuteranopia. There will likely be additional indicators in the nameplates, and they can be set in ways that help them stand out from the players.

I don't think Tab targeting is exclusive to combat, so that may be another way to find NPCs among a dense group of players. Maybe there will be a shortcut or macro you can set up that tab targets through NPCs only, so you can use that to find them, and see from their nameplate upon targeting that they are an NPC of a certain type.
  • Options
    Neurotoxin wrote: »
    I agree that a pile of player nameplates can get in the way of NPC access. I remember what Orgrimmar was like in the early days of WoW, and how tough it could be to find the NPC in a swarm of players.

I suppose they can use other tools to help players identify NPCs, on top of the color system, since color itself is problematic for users with protanopia and/or deuteranopia. There will likely be additional indicators in the nameplates, and they can be set in ways that help them stand out from the players.

I don't think Tab targeting is exclusive to combat, so that may be another way to find NPCs among a dense group of players. Maybe there will be a shortcut or macro you can set up that tab targets through NPCs only, so you can use that to find them, and see from their nameplate upon targeting that they are an NPC of a certain type.

Yes this anserwd my question, Thanks!
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The different colors denote who does what.
    Green is quest givers and gold is vendors. Talked about it in the latest stream.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    The different colors denote who does what.
    Green is quest givers and gold is vendors. Talked about it in the latest stream.

Yeah i know. But my point is that its hard to recognize if somebody is on your party looks like somebody is on your party or the other way around. Thats why i suggested to just give it one colour like yellow or orange.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Color blind support to change things will be a thing. Pretty sure Steven mentioned he is partially color blind as well in on of the Q&A sessions. To the extent we can change name plate colors I hope we get a color wheel like other games as I change the colors as well so that certain factions stand out for me.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi guys, since this was more about giving feedback not asking a question I'm going to close this thread now. In future please use the General Discussion sub-forum (https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-general-discussion) for such threads. Thanks :)
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.